Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 - News

United States
    watch from 0:42-0:50.

...so basically, if you and another dude meet up in an alleyway, you just stand there and shoot each other, and the dude with the best gun wins. nice job, capcom. here's another vid in case you didn't quite get the full experience with that last clip.

RE4 may be a good game in its own right, but capcom shouldn't have taken the series in that direction....and i'd be willing to bet that the majority of long-time RE fans would totally agree.

most everyone i've talked to prefers RE4 to RE5, the demo was enough for me to see that they've added nothing new or worthwhile, just an annoying AI partner, or the ability to play co-op, which i think greatly detracts from the things that made the first games so great...and yeah, i still play the REmake on the GC.

United States
    Here's a novel idea, Prof: why not actually PLAY THE GAME instead of bashing it every chance you get.

You might just enjoy it like the majority of us have.

United States

Question

wasn't that what the demo was for? if i couldn't even finish one mission out of boredom and lack of enthusiasm, why would i waste any more time/$$ playing it when i can just rip on it over the internet? honestly though, the demo was enough for me to get the idea of what to expect, and it's not worth going into again. i sat at a buddy's house the other night and watched him play it on his ps3, and aside from the graphics, i wasn't very impressed with what i saw.

i've just been venting a bit lately cuz the versus mode concept doesn't really work for RE, imo...and then capcom has to go and charge for it, then try to justify their actions. their handling of this is cause for concern in my little world, as they are the company behind the game i'm looking forward to the most this year, DR2, which is rumored to have a multiplayer mode of sorts.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 01-Dec-2009 at 12:35 AM.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    Yeah, that sums it up for me, Prof.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Here's a novel idea, Prof: why not actually PLAY THE GAME instead of bashing it every chance you get.
    He played the demo and didn't like it. I played the demo and didn't like it. At least two of my friends bought the game and took it back within a couple of days. And your point is what exactly?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    wasn't that what the demo was for? if i couldn't even finish one mission out of boredom and lack of enthusiasm, why would i waste any more time/$$ playing it when i can just rip on it over the internet? honestly though, the demo was enough for me to get the idea of what to expect, and it's not worth going into again. i sat at a buddy's house the other night and watched him play it on his ps3, and aside from the graphics, i wasn't very impressed with what i saw.

i've just been venting a bit lately cuz the versus mode concept doesn't really work for RE, imo...and then capcom has to go and charge for it, then try to justify their actions. their handling of this is cause for concern in my little world, as they are the company behind the game i'm looking forward to the most this year, DR2, which is rumored to have a multiplayer mode of sorts.

but i suppose you've got a point, and like thumper's mother used to say, "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."...so with that, i'm done posting anything related to RE5...
    watch from 0:42-0:50.

...so basically, if you and another dude meet up in an alleyway, you just stand there and shoot each other, and the dude with the best gun wins. nice job, capcom. here's another vid in case you didn't quite get the full experience with that last clip.

RE4 may be a good game in its own right, but capcom shouldn't have taken the series in that direction....and i'd be willing to bet that the majority of long-time RE fans would totally agree.

most everyone i've talked to prefers RE4 to RE5, the demo was enough for me to see that they've added nothing new or worthwhile, just an annoying AI partner, or the ability to play co-op, which i think greatly detracts from the things that made the first games so great...and yeah, i still play the REmake on the GC.

And if you thinks the game sucks ass then why shouldn't you voice your opinion whenever you feel like it.

The fact is that RE4 is a waaaaaaaaaay better game than 5. What's wrong with saying that? We waited damn near 5 years for this and if I may say so, it's a disapointment. I wouldn't say it's a waste of money, because it's a solid game. A sequel should take what worked with the first game and keep it. ( Don't fix it if it's not broken) and take what was flawed about it and make it better. Instead, the series has regressed.

Another fact is that the vs. mode IS GAY!! I downloaded it and then promptly got shot up in slayers. I couldn't even score high because some douchebag kept killing me before i could string anything together. It's way too easy for troublemakers to mess up the gaming experience for others. Until they fix that i won't be partaking in the festivities.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I couldn't even score high because some douchebag kept killing me before i could string anything together. It's way too easy for troublemakers to mess up the gaming experience for others.
    Thats one of the reasons ive cut right back on playing online multiplayer games,it was something i loved at first but got all too tired of spawn campers,aimbots,cliquey servers who kick you for no damn reason & team killers who shoot you when your going after the vehicle/weapon they want.Battlefield 2 & counter strike source were the main ones where i saw all this bad behaviour but the online RTS games can be just as bad!The online gaming world is far too full of snotty teenagers with attitude problems

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Thats one of the reasons ive cut right back on playing online multiplayer games,it was something i loved at first but got all too tired of spawn campers,aimbots,cliquey servers who kick you for no damn reason & team killers who shoot you when your going after the vehicle/weapon they want.Battlefield 2 & counter strike source were the main ones where i saw all this bad behaviour but the online RTS games can be just as bad!The online gaming world is far too full of snotty teenagers with attitude problems

In RE 5 They should atleast make it so that in slayers players can't harm each other, they can only go after the majini. I really feel like this is the worst 400 microsoft points I ever spent.

This is really bad business for capcom. Sure they got over on thousands of people and made their money. But the next time gamers are going to be really wary so capcom ends up losing in the end. People don't easil forget companies that play them for fools.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

You might just enjoy it like the majority of us have.
    That's really the problem with the a.d.d. generation (having nothing to do with when you were born) If it doesn't grab you in 10 minutes off to the next thing. And the fact everyone has a voice on the internet and often the loudest and most brash comments catch the attention suddenly its real because the heard starts repeating it? I'm sorry but what has been blow out of proportion is that some element are preferred in Re4 to Re5 that doesn't make it better or worst and being that I just replayed Re4 I can certainly say there seems to be some nostalgia getting way out of hand.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    That's really the problem with the a.d.d. generation (having nothing to do with when you were born) If it doesn't grab you in 10 minutes off to the next thing. And the fact everyone has a voice on the internet and often the loudest and most brash comments catch the attention suddenly its real because the heard starts repeating it? I'm sorry but what has been blow out of proportion is that some element are preferred in Re4 to Re5 that doesn't make it better or worst and being that I just replayed Re4 I can certainly say there seems to be some nostalgia getting way out of hand.
    I agree with this to some degree...but I've played both and still think RE4 is much better. IMO RE5 has some good elements but not the 'wow' factor RE4 brought to the table.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    That's really the problem with the a.d.d. generation
    i was trying to stay out of this thead, but i've got to pop in long enough to inform you that a.d.d. isn't something i'm afflicted with. my dislike of this game has nothing to do with it not "grabbing me" in the first 10 minutes. all (valid) reasons i have for not liking this game can be found in previous post in this thread, so don't lump me in with a bunch of kids with short-attention spans, please.

United States

huh?

so it looks like they're doing a dlc for re5 that has chris and jill (the master of unlocking ftw) going to a very familiar-looking mansion:

any of you guys with re5 see this yet? looks decent enough, better than the main re5 story, imo. this may actually be the thing to get me to pick up a copy of re5, if i can find a decent price on it. but there's still no way i'm paying for a versus mode.

i'd love to see re go back to its roots, or at least a current-gen remake of re1 (another remake in addition to the gamecube one, yeah) or re2.

capncnut
    If it's the same controls and gameplay, no thanks. Capcom have only done this because of the wave of fanboy criticism directed at RE5 for changing the rules too much.

United States
    capcom just ought to listen to fans. i FUCKING GUARANTEE that if they did a faithful and jazzed-up remake of RE2, it'd sell like crack rocks on the day the welfare checks come in.

capncnut
    capcom just ought to listen to fans. i FUCKING GUARANTEE that if they did a faithful and jazzed-up remake of RE2, it'd sell like crack rocks on the day the welfare checks come in.
    In the form of a first person shooter with the original shamblers in it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    If it's the same controls and gameplay, no thanks. Capcom have only done this because of the wave of fanboy criticism directed at RE5 for changing the rules too much.
    yep, unless there planning to do a resi 0 on this its just going to be the walk through spencers mansion that we saw in the same flashback like 9 times during the game.