View Poll Results: What did you think of Survival of the Dead?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it.

19 13.01%
  • Liked It.

53 36.30%
  • Meh, neither here nor there.

25 17.12%
  • Disappointed.

29 19.86%
  • Hated it.

20 13.70%
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: For those of you who **have seen** Survival of the Dead - - - opinion poll!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    If they won't eat bacon then are they worth saving anyhow?

"Paging Lou Cipher...Lou Cipher to the white courtesy phone..."

Undisclosed
    I grew up with the first three Romero movies and the remake by Savini, but this movie was total crap.

Its like he just wanted to give a hand to a college film crew and just stuck his name on the finished product.

Undisclosed
    Naaah. Survival is a bloody good time. It's Romero not taking his 'legacy' serious at all and having a ball. Sure, the CGI was crap but I really dug the overall tone. It's a playful '...of the dead' film that i liked a whole lot more than 'Diary'. Let's just stop waiting for another 'dawn' or 'day' and enjoy these recent films for what they are: smart, witty horror films that are very different from whatever else the genre has to offer. (ducks for cover)

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    enjoy these recent films for what they are: smart, witty .....

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Typical Walking Dead fan if you insult the show

Copied from Amazon:

I personally love zombie movies but this show goes along a different route. It's not simply action with shooting and killing zombie after zombie from what I've seen, this show actually has feeling and emotion behind it (family drama etc.)! Here that moms? This is a heartfelt show that you would probably enjoy watching with your kids, after all...it's rated TV-14. The kids probably won't be up to see it because it's on at 10pm but you can still enjoy it! Oh hell, I'll admit it...it even almost made me cry a couple times! BEAUTIFUL!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Pfffff. Weak.

Come on. Face it: Zombies in these days of romero remakes and zombie soaps on tv have become a parody of themselves. For Romero the zombie movie is just a vehicule to express an idea. Here he also toys around with the lexicon of the western.
    His latest 'of the dead' films aren't instant classics, nor are they made for his hardcore fanbase who keep praying for another danw/day. Not gonna happen. And thank god for artists who refuse to repeat themselves to please their jaded followers.
    Survival is one of the most funny misanthropic films dealing with religion and humanity's worst behaviour in recent history. It's done in a lighthearted tone but it IS way smarter than most recent horror films.

Now if you want to blow your brains out because of that ....

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

"Paging Lou Cipher...Lou Cipher to the white courtesy phone..."
    *pick up white courtesy phone*

Hello? Yes, this is him. What? They won't eat bacon? FUCK 'EM, KILL THEM ALL!"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by triste realtà View Post
    Typical Walking Dead fan if you insult the show

Copied from Amazon:

but. . . I do watch it with my kid. . . . . she loves the show.. . . . Bad dad?
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    Pfffff. Weak.

Come on. Face it: Zombies in these days of romero remakes and zombie soaps on tv have become a parody of themselves. For Romero the zombie movie is just a vehicule to express an idea. Here he also toys around with the lexicon of the western.
    His latest 'of the dead' films aren't instant classics, nor are they made for his hardcore fanbase who keep praying for another danw/day. Not gonna happen. And thank god for artists who refuse to repeat themselves to please their jaded followers.
    Survival is one of the most funny misanthropic films dealing with religion and humanity's worst behaviour in recent history. It's done in a lighthearted tone but it IS way smarter than most recent horror films.

Now if you want to blow your brains out because of that ....
    I enjoyed Survival. No, it's not "Dawn" or "Day," but it is a fun zombie movie for what it is. Sometimes I just want to watch a zombie movie and giggle. And, I just love the end, with the two clowns who ran the familes, dead, on that hill, firing empty guns at each other till the end of time Typical human behaviour really.
    Last edited by Gryphon; 13-Jan-2011 at 05:28 AM. Reason: !!!!!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    And that is the point of the scene, Gryph. Best part of the movie, I think... and maybe the child zeds at the beginning.
    But yeah... I think "Bite Me"'s flare gun effects were better (or at least somewhat more realistic) than the one in 'Survival'... anyone with me here?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    And that is the point of the scene, Gryph. Best part of the movie, I think... and maybe the child zeds at the beginning.
    But yeah... I think "Bite Me"'s flare gun effects were better (or at least somewhat more realistic) than the one in 'Survival'... anyone with me here?
    Just saw "Bite me" and yeah, that was very well done, and probably more realistic. Maybe GAR just wanted to see a zombie with it's head on fire

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Yeah, I guess so... it was a funny idea, but the fake fire just looked... too fake, y'know? You could really tell it wasn't real... still, good idea, just kind of poorly executed.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Yeah, I guess so... it was a funny idea, but the fake fire just looked... too fake, y'know? You could really tell it wasn't real... still, good idea, just kind of poorly executed.
    True. What did you think about the acid-on-the-head zombie in Diary, though?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    i actually thought that was pretty neat. I don't know if other people thought so... but I liked it!