Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 announced for Xbox 360 and PS3

United States
    so what's the scoop on case zero? price/date?

(i realize i could use google, but you seem to have all the answers, CR)

United States
    The producers said Case Zero should be out about a month before the retail game, so expect around late August, early September.

I'm hoping it hits earlier than that, as the summer doldrums of gaming have kicked in and there's not much new stuff to play.

Oh and as far as price, I'm guessing no more than $15-$20.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 15-Jul-2010 at 08:13 PM.

United States
    well, i recently got skate2 back from a buddy who's had it quite a while, so i've been doing a lot of that lately.

and i'm also working towards hitting 10th prestige in CoD:WaW (it's the only achievement i'm missing for that game), i'm halfway through 6 right now, so i've got some time left.

and i've still not even opened ME2, and only scratched the surface of ME1, so i've got that ahead of me still.

also missing some alan wake and RDR achievements, so there's also that.

however, i'd probably lay all those down for quite some time if DR2 was out now.

oh, and i'm guessing (hoping) that 10 bucks is more like it for case zero, but i'd probably pay 15...20 is pushing it, though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    and i've still not even opened ME2, and only scratched the surface of ME1, so i've got that ahead of me still.
    Damn man, you need to get on that! ME2 is a masterpiece, and ME1 is just as good.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    The producers said Case Zero should be out about a month before the retail game, so expect around late August, early September.

I'm hoping it hits earlier than that, as the summer doldrums of gaming have kicked in and there's not much new stuff to play.

Oh and as far as price, I'm guessing no more than $15-$20.
    My money is between 400-800 ms points=5-10bucks.... If they do more then that they are gonna kill wide spread penetration, after all this is a supped up demo.
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 16-Jul-2010 at 01:07 AM.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    New trailer, paid for by the Fortune City Tourism Board:

NEED THIS GAME NOW

United States
    SDCC 10: Dead Rising: Case Zero Dated and Priced

July 22, 2010

Late last night, IGN brought you an in-depth preview of Dead Rising: Case Zero – we beat it on the Comic-Con show floor, in fact – and today, Capcom has announced a price and date for the prequel to Dead Rising 2.

Dead Rising: Case Zero is going to set you back 400 Microsoft Points on Aug. 31, 2010. On top of that, Dead Rising Executive Producer Keihi Inafune announced that the experience points and costumes you earn in Case Zero will carry over to Dead Rising 2.

As to the low price, Inafune says they could've sold the game for 800 Microsoft Points but decided against it so that everyone could get their hands on the title. He says the company is making zero dollars off the game.
    Great price point!

UK
    Machine gun mounted teddy bear, nice...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Great price point!
    Indeed, that is a great price! Mega surprise, there. Also, that's released my b-day so you guys can pitch some points at me if you want.

Twitching

United States
    Hrmm,
    I'm annoyed that Dead Rising 2's release has been delayed by Starcraft II's release. Not like they're in competing genres, and certainly not risking market saturation given the summer game-wasteland, and like they WILL be facing for an Xmas or early 2011 release.

IMHO they've made a bad call on moving back the release date. One that's going to put them head-to-head with the entire wave of games released for the Xmas Rush, as opposed to releasing in August when Starcraft II is the only other decent game to come out in months.

Oh well. I've pinned my hopes more on Diablo 3 than any other game out now or soon to release. Real Time Strategy is dying as a genre because of this idiotic dumbing-down "wider accessibility" trend. Dawn of War II was a travesty and complete shit compared to the original. Hoping SC II doesn't fall prey to this trend, but seeing as how Blizzard loves being trendy.....

Maybe Dead Rising 2 will be better off in the Xmas buying cycle. Still, very frustrating.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Every game is delayed these days. NEVER believe the first few release dates....they won't happen.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if i cannot add a cowcatcher made of chainsaws to a hummer im gonna be dissapoint.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Every game is delayed these days. NEVER believe the first few release dates....they won't happen.
    NEVER believe any release date till it has shipped.... Or better yet till its in your hands.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

Super Moderator

UK
    Has it been delayed again?!

Sheeeeeeesh ... well, hopefully Mafia 2 will stick to it's launch date in less than a month's time, so I'll have that to enjoy immensely. A delay on DR2 would help spread my gaming out a bit too, but even still, all these delays are just retarded ... if they don't know a date, don't provide one ... and also - STOP CLOGGING UP THE "HOLIDAY" SEASON WITH EVERY FUCKING TITLE - SPREAD THEM OUT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

United States
    Oooooo, Dead Rising 2 Special "Zombrex" Edition pre-orders are being taken at Game Stop:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Prod...uct%5FID=78410

RELEASE DATE: 9/28/10
    Price - $79.99

Includes:

•Exclusive Two-Disc Steelbook case includes:
    ◦Dead Rising 2 game disc
    ◦High-Definition game disc with 83 Minute “Zombrex Dead Rising Sun” motion picture and 24 minute “Making of” featurette

•Complete box contents include:
    ◦Steelbook case (described above)
    ◦Zombrex “Syringe” pen
    ◦Zombrex “Prescription” notepad (25 pages)
    ◦Zombrex “Safety” card
    ◦Zombrex “Prospectus” Sales Brochure (16 pages).
    ◦Dead Rising 2 Hardback Artbook (48 pages)

I'm actually kind of surprised it's only $80. Considering the game by itself is $60, this seems like a decent deal if you like all the extras.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 28-Jul-2010 at 12:43 PM.