Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus

Rising

United States
    https://abc7ny.com/covid-party-19-de...virus/6312899/

A San Antonio doctor said one of her hospital's patients, a 30-year-old man, died after attending a so-called "COVID party" -- a bizarre trend where young people intentionally get together with someone who's infected.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children's Hospital, said the patient thought the coronavirus pandemic was a hoax.

"He thought he was young and he was invincible and wouldn't get affected ... One of the things that was heart-wrenching that he said to his nurse was, 'I think I made a mistake,'"...

No shit, Sherlock! A "hoax" At least this irresponsible dipshit won't be contributing to spread this crap around anymore. "Good riddance!", I say.
    Last edited by JDP; 01-Aug-2020 at 10:09 AM. Reason: ;

Ireland
    "covid party"

Jesus wept...
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The press blowing things unfairly out of proportion for alarmism? Surely not?

While we can't compare other Western countries blindly with Sweden, we can take some information from it etc. I think the lesson is, with 20-20 hindsight, that while taking precautions for the initial hit/spike was prudent, most areas could ease up far quicker that they have. ie: Overall, most areas have been too cautious.

Agree? Disagree?
    Well, I keep coming back to the fact that Sweden's overall level of health is relatively high. Most Swedes "keep in shape" and obesity is fairly uncommon here compared to UK, US and Spain. This appears to make the populace more endurable to the disease. Can't imagine there's a high number of obese people in Taiwan, South Korea or Japan either and these have pulled through fairly well, right?

So I think the lesson we should take away from this is; Staying healthy is very important!

Rising

United States
    Another conspiracy theorist knucklehead learns the lesson the hard way:

https://www.dhbusinessledger.com/new...eded-new-lungs

A "hoax"

Rising

United States
    Yet another irresponsible paranoid nincompoop who only ends up contributing to spread this crap further with his kooky conspiracy theories:

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavi...zay-story.html

A "scamdemic"

Rising

United States
    You know we are all in trouble when even MAD FRIGGIN' MAX could not escape it:

https://people.com/movies/mel-gibson...r-coronavirus/

Being Attacked

United States
    Lmao! Calls it a Hoax but then dies. Good Riddance. I can't deal with ignorant people who put others in danger. Anyways, this isn't as bad as the flu but it's still a mutation that needs a means to be dealt with (of course not permanently).
    Vaccines have been nothing but good news. I'm hoping for more good news later this year.

Administrator

England
    An interesting watch, especially from the 21m mark...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UvFhIFzaac
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    https://emanuelkarlsten.se/number-of...ars-mortality/

A recent blog post about the supposed higher mortality rate overall in Sweden. April and May reported an abnormally high number of deaths in the country, most likely linked to the Corona pandemic.
    However the trend is normalizing and in August some weeks indicated a mortality rate below average.

Ireland
    Ireland's cases have shot up over the last couple of weeks.

Pity. I was looking forward to getting back into the boozer for a few pints.

Don't think they'll be reopening the pubs any time soon.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Rising

United States
    "Like the man says, there's no problems, only solutions."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    Ireland's cases have shot up over the last couple of weeks.

Pity. I was looking forward to getting back into the boozer for a few pints.

Don't think they'll be reopening the pubs any time soon.
    And yet the fatality rate is hovering around 0-1 most days, as it has for month(s)...

They are testing more, possibly with less accurate kits, so detecting more cases. But who cares, if the hospital beds are all but empty, and little different to the norm?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    One of my boys (Nicholas) lives in Canada with his mom and I haven't seen him in over a year. I'm ready to go on a "Wild Geese" style raid to see him. The border needs to open soon. That's all I'll say. On the flip side: My other boy (Paul) lives with me and hasn't seen his mom in over a year and it's fuckin' him up. He and his step-mom get along great but that ain't the same. This has been a trial for families like mine that live on both sides of the border. I know there are thousands of us but in the long, that's not much consolation.
    Last edited by Mike70; 21-Sep-2020 at 01:48 AM. Reason: mama say mama saw de macusan
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    One of my boys (Nicholas) lives in Canada with his mom and I haven't seen him in over a year. I'm ready to go on a "Wild Geese" style raid to see him. The border needs to open soon. That's all I'll say. On the flip side: My other boy (Paul) lives with me and hasn't seen his mom in over a year and it's fuckin' him up. He and his step-mom get along great but that ain't the same. This has been a trial for families like mine that live on both sides of the border. I know there are thousands of us but in the long, that's not much consolation.
    That sounds difficult (on the kids)
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    That sounds difficult (on the kids)
    It blows. This border situation is ridiculous. I understand why it has to be this way BUT... Like I said, "Wild Geese" style raid...I"m totally ready for it.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."