Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Dead Rising [Help, Tips] thread

United States
    well to make things clear the a few zombies have there hands up in the air but the ones that dont attack you are the ones with the queen, although they will throw up blood on you.

anyways kill the zombie and capture the queen. throw it on the ground in a heavily infested zombie area such as the underground tunnels and every zombie in a 20 foot range will be dead.

careful though if you throw the queen on the ground at the night the worms that come out will attack you and glow green

Super Moderator

UK
    I hastily used my bug in a jar again, but I saw it nail two zombies ... but I'm still in the wee hours of the morning (now about 2am, something like 57 hours remaining or something...), so I saw this green thing and stamped on it.

Once it's light again I'll venture outside and see the rest of the mall, but I'm ignoring the transceiver and the missions, beef my stats first before I bother with any of that sh*te...I just wanna slice and dice, and I've sliced nearly 400 so far and I've barely had time to play it...it's quite nice just to sit down and slice up zombies for half an hour.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Once it's light again I'll venture outside and see the rest of the mall, but I'm ignoring the transceiver and the missions, beef my stats first before I bother with any of that sh*te...I just wanna slice and dice, and I've sliced nearly 400 so far
    That's what I first did. Wait until you go for the Zombie Genocider achievement; killing nearly 57,000 zombies in one run-through of the game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    see if you an beat my record of like 173,000 zombies killed

Super Moderator

UK
    Somewhere over 700 zombies killed now, I've ventured into Movie Land or whatever it's called - the cinema - bloody dark in there, what-what.

I took the shopping cart with me in there, but he was holding it rather than pushing it, how do I get him to use it differently, like switching back and forth between uses?

Lots of fun bashing a broom on them, then skewering them.

Next up - venturing outside...now that it's morning, it's safe to do that, haha...and I've visited the bog in the cinema, so none of that 3 load zones before I get to kill zombies.

Super Moderator

UK
    Been venturing around the mall some more, the food court was nice looking, but not enough fun to be had, went upwards from there to the part with lots of jewelry stuff - again, not that much fun, but ho-ho-yes onto the gun shop and the DIY store!

Anyway, I'm back at the security room (after loving the elevator FULL of zombies), anyway, only about 13 hours till the chopper comes back, what I wanna know is:

Do the stats I've built up pass on to the next time I play the game? It'd suck if I'd go through all that and then the next time I play my stats are all back to sh*t again...so do I keep the stats next time I play through?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Been venturing around the mall some more, the food court was nice looking, but not enough fun to be had, went upwards from there to the part with lots of jewelry stuff - again, not that much fun, but ho-ho-yes onto the gun shop and the DIY store!

Anyway, I'm back at the security room (after loving the elevator FULL of zombies), anyway, only about 13 hours till the chopper comes back, what I wanna know is:

Do the stats I've built up pass on to the next time I play the game? It'd suck if I'd go through all that and then the next time I play my stats are all back to sh*t again...so do I keep the stats next time I play through?
    Yeah your stats are saved when you play again.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    so its wise to just go nuts a few times till you play the game proper, oh adn you level up faster if you fight the zombies at night.

Administrator

England
    How are you guys with fighting psychopaths barehanded?

you ever tried it?

i might video myself fighting adam barehanded and put it on youtube

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    legendary.

i basically steal the minigun off the convicts van at the start and basically pump adam full of enough bullets to turn him intoa fine paste, then use his cahinsaw on all the other bosses

United States
    never tried it barehanded. it might be a bit more of a challenge. I ususally kill adam with the bush clippers. just cuz its so cool. take his 2 saws and get the 3 books for them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah , samurai swords are very cool but they dont last very long, i spent the first playthrough using the guitars (i didnt figure out i could leave the first plaza with the upstairs resturant and the cinema so i pent a few play throughs in there just fighting zed's ) then i got used to stuff like the weaposn in the antiques store, the queen's and mannequin torsos.
    i never really liked using guns, though if theres one thing zombie movies taught us is its allways better that ,rather than stop and take aim with a gun you run at the zombie screaming like a bat out of hell adn twat it upside the head with a 2X4

United States
    yes the good old 2x4

Super Moderator

UK
    Dizzamn was it fun slicing zeds in two with the katana, although damn straight, they barely last - same as the chainsaw...the rototiller lasts longer though, the lawnmower was fun as hell, but I must have got some zed stuck in there as after a while it wouldn't move very far without conking out...the scythes were also sh*t-hot...as for guns, can't beat a shotgun, those are great. My aim has improved a lot with guns of late, but if only when I aimed Frank would aim in the direction my camera is pointing (i.e. where I am looking) rather than where he is looking (e.g. facing me).

Also, I went back to the gun store recently and there's a bunch of people in there who just shot me dead (funny how it takes an extraordinary amount of bullets to kill you, yet one nibble from a zed takes at least one whole block )...I managed to start talking to one of them, but could barely make out the text whatsoever...the dude didn't wanna come to the chopper or something, but as soon as I moved away from him, they started shooting again!!! Do I have to sweeten the deal a bit more before I can nab some more guns, or what?

Also - what goodies am I missing out on in the Entrance Plaza? Just so I know for the next time I play through.

Sweet, I'm glad your stats carry over, more fun to be had on the next play through, I'll be aiming to sit out the final 11 hours-ish and wait for that chopper, I take it I have to be sat outside near the heliport thingy at 12 - i.e. ready & waiting.

Next time through I'll explore the entrance plaza and the one (on the map) just left of it (right of the food court) as well as track down the garage, ooh, that reminds me - when/where/how do I get the maintenance key so I can go into those maintenance 'tunnels' (at the fire doors)?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    go across the greentowards the clock adn carry on that way and youll see an opening in the wall this leads to a parking lot with a parked car and a parked bike, get in the car and drive around to the underground entrance which is FULL of zombies so dont get out the car if you wanna live, had right then left then right and get out after clearing the area, go in that door, shutting it behind you 'o course, then head to the bakc fo the warehouse for the maintenance key.