Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    I feel sorry for the creators of this remake if they visit this forum.
    pfft, I don't, they should expect this sort of reaction and more - they're yet again raping the good work of George A. Romero, hopping on the bandwagon, jumping on the unoriginality express...wankers.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    pfft, I don't, they should expect this sort of reaction and more - they're yet again raping the good work of George A. Romero, hopping on the bandwagon, jumping on the unoriginality express...wankers.
    The Day remake sounds even more removed from the original than the Dawn remake surely?

It does appear that using the name "Day of the Dead" is taking a bit of a liberty... ie: What has it really got in common with that film?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    The Day remake sounds even more removed from the original than the Dawn remake surely?

It does appear that using the name "Day of the Dead" is taking a bit of a liberty... ie: What has it really got in common with that film?
    Exactly - it's all about raping GAR's work, using the name of his work, trying to pinch the hard-earned and long-since established cult success of his films, to slather it over their piece of garbage.

I really wish people would make original films instead, how can a filmmaker sleep at night knowing they're using someone else's success to try and make their piece of crap somehow more 'worthwhile' or 'more likely to be watched'?

John Carpenter's "The Thing" - that is a remake, and that is how remakes should be done - once in a blue moon and done properly.

Banned User

United States
    Link no longer works

I didn't get to watch it properly
    Here you go Neil! Enjoy! I could not see it as well so I found it on youtube. it does not look good but I will go to see it never the less

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Here you go Neil! Enjoy! I could not see it as well so I found it on youtube. it does not look good but I will go to see it never the less
    *cough* Look at the first post on this thread! *smack*
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

United States
    *cough* Look at the first post on this thread! *smack*
    The links on the first post of the thread do not work

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    The links on the first post of the thread do not work
    The link in my amendment/footnote to that post does! (The post MZ quoted of mine is four months old!)
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Exactly - it's all about raping GAR's work, using the name of his work, trying to pinch the hard-earned and long-since established cult success of his films, to slather it over their piece of garbage.
    I couln't agree more with both of those comments.

John Carpenter's "The Thing" - that is a remake, and that is how remakes should be done - once in a blue moon and done properly.
    Perfect example of a remake that not only retains the creepy atmosphere of the original but actually might well be BETTER than the original.

Sticking to the Carpenter theme, the best remake I saw in recent 'remakey' times was Assault on Precinct 13. Okay, it don't TOUCH the original but I thought it was a pretty decent little flick.

Leguizamo and Rhames - remake royalty.

The link in my amendment/footnote to that post does!
    Aye, works for me too.
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Feb-2007 at 04:25 PM.

United States
    The things is half remake and half readaptation of "Who goes there" Adding and removing elements of each.
    The 1950s thing was dated badly in the FX department, while I dont think Day is dated at all. Haircuts and fashion aren't an issue in that film, The only thing old is no CGI, thank god.

The BIG difference is John Carpenter actually obviously LOVED the Thing and wanted to make it extra great to show his love.
    The makers of Yawn 04 and Day of the Douche , no matter what they say, have no love whatsoever for GAR and are BARELY FAMILIAR with the films. They try to say otherwise, but are flat out lieing.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Sticking to the Carpenter theme, the best remake I saw in recent 'remakey' times was Assault on Precinct 13. Okay, it don't TOUCH the original but I thought it was a pretty decent little flick.
    I thought it utterly and absolutely sucked. I knew it sucked in the first 5 minutes and wished I picked ANY other movie to see. Boring, Predictable, Nonsense foreshadowing and telegraphing that was painfully ham handed,
    Utter crap

I think they remake because they have years of someone else's marketing and word of mouth and name recognition. "Branding" UGH. Ever talk to a marketing major. They are total buttheads who speak a weird manufactured foreign language
    Last edited by coma; 15-Feb-2007 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    True, Carpenter's "Thing" was half remaking the movie, half going back to the source and delivering what the book talked about that couldn't be achieved back in the day - but yes, the love for the material and RESPECT for the material too, that really shines through. Carpenter's "Thing" is wonderfully crafted and is still a terrifying film.

And the Ass-ault on Precinct 13 remake was tosh, it was so Hollywood and so cut 'n' paste, there was nothing stand out about it. When I saw the original I flipped out when the little kid got killed ... I was like "pfft, they don't kill kids in movies" and then BLAM!!! Shotgun to the face - "WHAT THE F*CK?!" The original had grit, it had style and it didn't have Ethan Hawk in it (nor the broad-accented woman attached to those big jugs who was in Joey)...

capncnut
    A agree that it wasn't a patch on the original but (to me anyway) it was one of the better remakes that year.

United States
    That trailer was so bad, it made me question my own sexuality.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    (nor the broad-accented woman attached to those big jugs who was in Joey)...
    She was in the sopranos too, for a bunch of years. The accent is from Queen, NY. You forgot her spectacular ass.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    I know I may be bringing up an old thread, but after watching the trailer, what the hell does the new movie have to do with the original Day? They arent in a silo, nor do they seem to be boxed in, and they arent trying to "train" the zombies. So how can they even call this a remake? Unless its a sequel to Yawn '04 so thats how they are justifying the GAR name, but other than that, I dont know how they can even call it Day of the Dead.

Movie looks DVD rental at best.
    "Have you paid your dues Jack?"
    "Yes sir, the check is in the mail."

capncnut
    It's not a remake or anything resembling the original rules. It's a turd sent from Satan's ass to further pollute the back catalogue of Romero's filmmaking.

Btw Luxor, loving the Neptune avatar.
    Last edited by capncnut; 16-Mar-2007 at 03:07 AM.