Page 15 of 49 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: World War Z (film)

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    I really don't know what to make of this... On one side, it's a film I've been waiting for, for a long long time. On the other side, that footage looks really... not good.

So now, there's a trailer on Thursday. Hopefully, my faith will be restored. And at least if that doesn't work, there's always the new Battlestar Galactica web series on Friday

United States
    Eck....Brad Pitt.....it's gonna be decent for a one time watch.....nothing legendary......that's for sure

Sad
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 06-Nov-2012 at 09:29 AM. Reason: ......

Super Moderator

UK
    Doesn't look like World War Z to me ... will I watch this? Of course I will? Will I actually enjoy it? No guarantee at all ... at the very least I'm going to have major problems with this.

The "I Am Legend" look to it, as previously stated, doesn't exactly fill me with any shred of hope (IAL was decent, albeit too glossy, until the CGI monsters turned up and ruined the entire movie). Does this flick have scale? Sure does - will it be completely wasted on a rubbish script? Time will tell.

Set expectations to "meh", then...

Just to clarify, that's not a pre-emptive writing-off - that's just me not seeing the World War Z that I know and respect in those brief images. Time will ultimately tell, but the forecast is bleak.

United States
    that footage looked positively crap-tacular. zombies moving so fast that they look like running water? no thanks. seriously, change the zombies to water and you might confuse this for another film like "the day after tomorrow" or "2012".

avoiding this one for sure, fingers crossed for a serious flop.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've never cared for the fast zombies, but i'm still reserving judgement for a full trailer or more. From what we've heard in some recent reports about the trailer, it has a definite "world going to shit" fright to it.

I can probably overlook the fast zombies as long as the movie has a decent apocalyptic feel to it. Much like I Am Legend, the vampire/zombie/CGI things were a big disappointment, but the feel of the film was nice. Particularly the first half or so.

Dying

United States
    My reaction is 100% exaggerated, so don't take it literally. I like to exaggerate for the lulz, I'm a huge fan of Maddox, Bill Hicks, Doug Stanhope...don't take it TOO seriously.

But I am very disappointed with the footage. It looks rushed and shoddy. The CGI looks terrible. The tidal wave zombie effect, while good on paper, just looks stupid, laughable, and completely fake in the trailer. (Right, they're undead, that's unrealistic in and of itself, but that doesn't mean it should look so fake I can't suspend disbelief. )

This doesn't look like literally, the worst Zed movie ever made, because of a low budget, or lack of a story. It looks like one of the worst Zed movies ever made because of how poorly I imagine it will handle the source material. World War Z is one of the most epic, captivating zombie novels of all-time, if read correctly. (Really pushing your imagination to imagine the depictions of the war of the dead.) Instead, we get a by-the-numbers 28 Days Later / I Am Legend mashup that looks like little actual effort was put into the horror aspect.

How much you wanna bet Brad Pitt is getting paid like, 10 times as much money was put into the zombie makeup / SFX budget?

This movie will fail, I have no doubt about it. I'll watch it, being a rabid zombie fanatic, but it is a slap in the face of Max Brooks to even call this World War Z. The zombies look stupid as all hell, that tidal wave is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Oh noes, computerized zombies climbing up in a single file to take a wall!

I've waited for over a decade for a solid zombie movie with a scope this big...unfortunately, we'll get this crapfest first. But hopefully this film opens the doors for zombie movies of huge scope that actually take the genre seriously, instead of using it like a cash-cow. I know it's only 30 seconds, but that 30 seconds coupled with all the troubled reports on set we keep hearing...I can just tell this movie is gonna suck so bad.
    Last edited by JonOfTheShred; 06-Nov-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: does it really matter? If you must know, upon rereading my post I decided I could articulate myself better. there, happy?! ;)

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    The action and zombie floods looks like the final battle of the Matrix trilogy. Maybe they will call a truce and reboot the computer.... What pill did I take.............................................. .................................................. ..
    God save us all.......................

England
    I dunno. I've just had exactly the same reaction as Jon. Like others I will watch it, more for the near destruction of society and military v zombies than anything else, but its definately NOT WWZ.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    "for the lulz"

United States
    It looks like crap.

Ireland
    I actually did LoL at that footage...or LuL...or whatever...I don't know WTF it is anymore.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

United States
    Looks like a video game.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States

First footage from World War Z

UK
    Wow, these make your average running zombie look positively pedestrian! Donning the old nerd cap for a moment, looking at that footage you have to wonder how is that is even survivable?? At least in a Dawn04 situation you'd feel have a chance of surviving, but in this they're moving at such speed and in such numbers that they can seemingly tip over a bus and scale massive walls... which kinda makes you question how it's gonna end. It's either everybody dies, or some 'magic bullet' anti-virus that instantly wipes out every zombie all at once? Surely a military fight back against such odds is out of the question - the battle of Yonkers would last all of two minutes, if that!

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but hell, wild speculation FTW!

Ireland
    The more I watch that clip, the more stupid it looks.

How the fcuk could they have gotten this soooo wrong?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....