Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombieland - A film with Woody Harrelson

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Capn and Andy I am disappointed in both of you... a 2 and a 5. Sheesh, but then again you guys liked LAND so its understandable.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Capn and Andy I am disappointed in both of you... a 2 and a 5. Sheesh, but then again you guys liked LAND so its understandable.
    Actually Andy hated Land (his wrath on your ass is forthcoming, son) while I liked it, but we still thought Zombiebland was meh. Funny that, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    2/10? What on earth can you rate anything produced by The Asylum then? Unless your rating system goes down to -4 or something
    Sorry Neil, just wasn't all that impressed with it. One step above the 'total shit' stair.
    Last edited by capncnut; 15-Oct-2009 at 10:32 PM.

Administrator

England

DJ do you even read my posts? im famous for ranking land as my worse zombie movie EVER.. that is right i rank it lower than night of the living dead 30th anniversary edition, children of the dead, contagium and any other shit you care to pull out saying "surely not worse than...." YES. it is.

i despise land.

And my opinion of you just seriously dropped by saying i liked it. you might aswell of called me a nazi-sympathiser.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yup, wrath was definitely just dropped.

I knew you didn't like it, Andy, but what passion!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    DJ do you even read my posts? im famous for ranking land as my worse zombie movie EVER.. that is right i rank it lower than night of the living dead 30th anniversary edition, children of the dead, contagium and any other shit you care to pull out saying "surely not worse than...." YES. it is.

i despise land.

And my opinion of you just seriously dropped by saying i liked it. you might aswell of called me a nazi-sympathiser.

My apologies I thought you were in the Love LAND camp hard to tell who likes what anymore with so much love for Land and so much hate for DAWN 04.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    My apologies I thought you were in the Love LAND camp hard to tell who likes what anymore with so much love for Land and so much hate for DAWN 04.
    I think me and you have even teamed up on the land-lubbers before today

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    ZOMBIELAND has dethroned the DAWN remake as highest grossing zombie film in the zombie genre per box office mojo.

http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=zombie.htm

However, adjusted for inflation, DAWN 2004 still sold more tickets, but that can change by next weekend. ZL only has to gross about $66mm to completely dethrone it, taking into account inflation.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 18-Oct-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Administrator

England
    ZOMBIELAND has dethroned the DAWN remake as highest grossing zombie film in the zombie genre per box office mojo.

http://boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=zombie.htm

However, adjusted for inflation, DAWN 2004 still sold more tickets, but that can change by next weekend. ZL only has to gross about $66mm to completely dethrone it, taking into account inflation.
    So a sequel get's more likely
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Yay for living dead comedies!

What the world needs now is a good war comedy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post

perhaps a musical comedy about the sack of nanking is finally in order.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    OK so i saw it this evening. its a 6 out of 10 for me which is actually not a bad rating. If i was 15 years old it would have been a lot better. Sean of the Dead it aint. the mad-cow thing is plain retarded and to be honest it would have sucked if not for woody and bill.

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

I will also add that the main character was barely discernable from the the main character (skinny dude) in Superbad.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Yay for living dead comedies!

i recommend Blackadder goes Forth

United States

Don't be silly, Zat vould never happen!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post

Don't be silly, Zat vould never happen!!
    one of the greatest movies ever made.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    O the mad-cow thing is plain retarded
    Eh, I thought that part of it seemed very "tacked on" just to offer some sort of explanation (*cough* venus probe *cough*), quickly glossed over, & pretty easily overlooked.

Meh & Hurm.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It felt way too short to me, i was starting to get into it and it finished! also alot of the jumps seemed too predictable, it didnt give me a fright or jump at any point in the movie.. The jokes, on the most side were entertaining but a few did fall flat.. i like my zombie humour a tad darker.

Also, a zombie movie were no-one gets bit? lame...

Those are my gripes, take it if you will.. but yeah 5 out of 10 mate, its a average film.

really?, you wanted a "of god there bitten and turning, QQ" scene in this?!?

I would not have been able to stop my eyes rolling if they did that, thats turned into the "okay guys, lets split up" of the zombie sub genre of horror, its cliche', annoying and its been done to death, undeath then double tapped jsut to make sure theyve uses it to death two times over.

I got no problem with you not being keen, everyones different, but you WANT a bite scene in every movie?

then do you get pissed off when there isnt a guy running in slow motion from an explosion in every action movie ever as well?