Page 157 of 174 FirstFirst ... 57107147153154155156157158159160161167 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2598

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    The only thing I remember about the 80's remake was the sex I had while it was on.

Phwoar! Now that's sexy!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    The only thing I remember about the 80's remake was the sex I had while it was on.
    You old romantic!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    The Blob (1988) - A nice remake of the original.

The good? Nice effects, and some good scenes in parts of the film. Candy Clark is in it, who I love from Blue Thunder.

The bad? Latter part of the film loses its way a little. And unfortunately I had less sex than EvilNed did while watching the film!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

The good? Nice effects, and some good scenes in parts of the film. Candy Clark is in it, who I love from Blue Thunder.

The bad? Latter part of the film loses its way a little. And unfortunately I had less sex than EvilNed did while watching the film!
    You're not aiming for the complete drive-in experience, man.

Rising

United States

And whose character dies an awesomely horrible "phone booth death"!

The bad? Latter part of the film loses its way a little.
    Huh? No way, it's just fine as is. Another good thing: it's totally impending "doomy" ending, hanging by a thread at the mercy of a mentally scarred & unstable religious zealot, clearer and more menacing than the original's vague and not immediately-threatening "The End... ?" (seriously, what random villainous character could really go through the trouble and expenditure of putting together an expedition to the Arctic to try to locate the frozen remains of The Blob? Very, very, very few.)

Another plus: its totally awesome hard-rocking 80s soundtrack:

And unfortunately I had less sex than EvilNed did while watching the film!
    Movie's running time: 1 hour and 35 minutes. That still leaves 1 hour and 32 minutes of movie to be enjoyed.
    Last edited by JDP; 02-Sep-2021 at 06:49 PM. Reason: ;

Administrator

England
    Willy's Wonderland (2021) - What did I just watch? And how did Nicolas Cage nail so much dialogue so perfectly?

Mental but fun 7/10
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Willy's Wonderland (2021) - What did I just watch? And how did Nicolas Cage nail so much dialogue so perfectly?

Mental but fun 7/10

I saw that recently, as well...

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2021/08...ewis-2021.html

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Yeh, I think your summary that there was a better film to be had in there, but it's still good fun, is right...
    -Carl Sagan

Administrator

England
    Watchmen (2009) Directors Cut - A tour de force of style, story and action. Not always perfect, but a solid chewy watch IMHO.

8.5/10
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    King of New York
    I'd only seen it once before back when I was in my early teens. It didn't make a big impression at the time for whatever reason (unlike, say, Bad Lieutenant, which I saw around about the same time), but just giving it a spin last night I was properly impressed with it! And also - James Lorinz of Frankenhooker fame turns up in it (he plays the young newly married cop). I love it when you re-watch movies you haven't seen in ages and then discover things like that. Fantastic location work in this one, too, flipping between the high and low societies of New York, and some great cinematography as well - from little details (e.g. light mingling with steel girders rushing past in the subway) to bigger set pieces (e.g. the shoot out under the bridge while it absolutely tips it down). It's been on my watch list for quite a while and it's one of the viewing experiences where I think "why did I take so long to get around to this?!"

Watchmen (2009) Directors Cut - A tour de force of style, story and action. Not always perfect, but a solid chewy watch IMHO.

8.5/10
    "I'm not stuck in here with you - you're stuck in here with me!!!"

Administrator

England
    "I'm not stuck in here with you - you're stuck in here with me!!!"
    And it's the delivery of the line too... Epic!

A stand out part of the movie for me is the Dr Manhatan section with the Philip Glass (Koyaanisqatsi) music...
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    And it's the delivery of the line too... Epic!

A stand out part of the movie for me is the Dr Manhatan section with the Philip Glass (Koyaanisqatsi) music...
    Were you watching the theatrical or director's cut? There's an "ultimate cut" incorporating a supporting animated feature, but I've never seen that one. I found the Dir Cut to be superior to the Theatrical version, though. More time to let things breathe and feels shorter even though it is indeed longer.

Administrator

England
    Were you watching the theatrical or director's cut? There's an "ultimate cut" incorporating a supporting animated feature, but I've never seen that one. I found the Dir Cut to be superior to the Theatrical version, though. More time to let things breathe and feels shorter even though it is indeed longer.
    Directors...
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Director's cut is the best, I think. The ultimate cut is too long. The animated sequences don't really add anything and just pads the runtime.

I love this film, by the way.

Super Moderator

UK
    Kate
    Just came onto Netflix UK today (Friday) and I just finished watching it - really good! David Leitch (of John Wick) was involved as an Exec Producer, so you kinda get the vibe a bit - a great looking, gun totin' action thriller. Mary Elizabeth Winstead plays an elite assassin who gets poisoned - so she must find and kill her murderer before she dies!

What's good, too, about this movie is it's not some "Mary Sue" bullshit. It's like Atomic Blonde - the female lead is highly trained, but she's not without flaws, and actually has to take as many hits as she dishes out almost - i.e. like we've all expected of our male gun totin' action heroes for decades. Kate is well written and a fine example of how female action characters should be written, not the Disney/Berlanti kinda way where it's all silly and pandering and obnoxious and completely unbelievable with no real stakes or investment. No, with Kate you actually give a shit about her and she far from just cruises through the flick, that's for sure, but it's that will to go on and achieve her goal that keeps you watching and rooting for her.

Crunchy, throat-punchy, head-shooty action galore (although the CGI overload car chase is a bit squiffy) that's well worth checking out. I think I maybe saw a trailer for it a while back, but I pretty much went into this one cold not knowing what to expect beyond 'MEW, Woody Harrelson, and action', and I ended up really digging it! Two thumbs fresh!