Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Day Remake TRAILER!!!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    It's not a remake or anything resembling the original rules. It's a turd sent from Satan's ass to further pollute the back catalogue of Romero's filmmaking.
    Spot-the-fudge-on.

And it can't even be a sequel to Yawn04 I don't think, because Ving Rhames is in it, and he's a cop in that, now in Day of the Remake he's an army guy, so there's no connection there, just taking a name of a GOOD movie, which has justifiably been a success and achieved a cult following and lots of respect - they come along and rape it all for themselves.

IT'S F*CKING SICKENING.

F*CK Day of the Remake, F*CK IT BIG STYLE WITH A CHAINSAW!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And it can't even be a sequel to Yawn04 I don't think, because Ving Rhames is in it, and he's a cop in that, now in Day of the Remake he's an army guy, so there's no connection there, just taking a name of a GOOD movie, which has justifiably been a success and achieved a cult following and lots of respect - they come along and rape it all for themselves.
    Not only that but it takes place on the 'day' of the uprising. Flying zombies? Jeez, I'm still getting over that one.

Super Moderator

UK
    So once again, it's got nothing to do with the original movie, except that it's taking the good name and well-justified cult success and critical acclaim of the GAR film, RAPING it even, flat out THIEVING it.

What a bunch of scumbags, they can ALL go and suck a f*ck.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What a bunch of scumbags, they can ALL go and suck a f*ck.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

England
    Jesus,i just watched the trailer on youtube,and it really does look dogsh*t dildo

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Cool

i think if you are a true zombie movie fan you would wait and make judgements after you see the movie. I myself cant wait to see it,anyone know an opening date
    Last edited by chuck813; 01-Apr-2007 at 06:18 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck813 View Post
    i think if you are a true zombie movie fan you would wait and make judgements after you see the movie. I myself cant wait to see it,anyone know an opening date
    I keep an open mind for GAR's film, but have low expectations for any remake. as far as not being able to wait. I can wait. Ill see it, but I aint paying this time.
    Y'know the trailer is supposed to make a film look better than it may be. That trailer sucked so bad that, if supposing the trailer present it in its best light, it is reallllllly going to suck
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Y'know the trailer is supposed to make a film look better than it may be. That trailer sucked so bad that, if supposing the trailer present it in its best light, it is reallllllly going to suck
    Perzactamundo...remakes by their very nature (in this day and age) are almost guaranteed to suck the fat one and/or just be lame and/or nowhere near the quality of the original, ergo, just by using common sense Careers of the Dead will chow down on teabag soup when/if it comes out...

TCM2003 - not bad, enjoyable, not a patch on the original
    Yawn04 - trumped up videogame movie, terrible/atrocious/soul-raping script, nowhere at all near the quality of the original
    Hills Have Eyes 2006 - falls for some modern traits annoyingly, over all not a bad flick, but the original wasn't hot sh*t in the first place
    The Fog - only heard atrocious things about it, the original was a masterclass in horror filmmaking

And so on...

Undisclosed
    You can't always tell how bad/good a movie is by its trailer, but when a trailer shows you bad stuff, it usually means the movie is bad. I have no hope for this. That said, I'll be there for opening day.... at Blockbuster.

Undisclosed
    i am not normally into pirate copies of movies, but that is the only way i will see this movie, judging by the trailer even £2.99 rental is too much

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by TCDarkness View Post
    You can't always tell how bad/good a movie is by its trailer, but when a trailer shows you bad stuff, it usually means the movie is bad. I have no hope for this. That said, I'll be there for opening day.... at Blockbuster.
    lol.

Maybe NetFlix.

~The Zombie Hunter's Bible~

"Don't go to the Mall without it!"
    -Tom Sullivan, The EvilDead"

Undisclosed
    Hello all, new poster here, longtime lurker. This trailer does lead me to believe that this film will suck much balls, & it probably will. However, I must say that maybe I'm retarded, but I pretty much give any zombie flick at least one viewing, mostly after it's out on video, I rarely fork out the cash to actually see a movie in the the theatre, unless if George or some other director I respect made the film. Movie theatres are WAY overpriced. The only point I want to make is a comment made by Stephen King, then reused by George concerning people ruining George's movies. They both said my movie/book isn't ruined, it's right there on the shelf behind me if you want to watch/read it. On a side note, I think Dawn 04 would have been a great (action) movie, had it been named something else.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnoftheDead View Post
    Hello all, new poster here, longtime lurker. This trailer does lead me to believe that this film will suck much balls, & it probably will. However, I must say that maybe I'm retarded, but I pretty much give any zombie flick at least one viewing, mostly after it's out on video, I rarely fork out the cash to actually see a movie in the the theatre, unless if George or some other director I respect made the film. Movie theatres are WAY overpriced. The only point I want to make is a comment made by Stephen King, then reused by George concerning people ruining George's movies. They both said my movie/book isn't ruined, it's right there on the shelf behind me if you want to watch/read it. On a side note, I think Dawn 04 would have been a great (action) movie, had it been named something else.
    Howdy... I think a number of things in the trailer have seriously concerned people.

eg:-
    1) Super dooper bouncy/jumpy zombies. When someone's dead you'd think their body would probably not function as well, yet alone allow them to bounce around like a ninja on crack!
    2) You'd think that when someone's dead their vocal chords wouldn't change such that they start emitting supernatural'esque cries similar to Godzilla.

If someone is willing to put this sort of stuff on film, it doesn't bode well for the rest of it.

Yes, I'll wait to watch it before forming a final opinion, but thus far I'm not expecting much!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    so.... i saw on IMDB that the release date was cancelled. do we know anything else about it? capn, i know you and i breifly discussed it. maybe realeasing strait to dvd? yeah, the trailer sucks pretty bad. it has a contagium vibe i do kinda like mena suvari though. (not her skills, just her pretty face)

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by trancelikestate View Post
    i saw on IMDB that the release date was cancelled. do we know anything else about it? capn, i know you and i breifly discussed it. maybe realeasing strait to dvd?
    I've been looking into this further and it appears that the April release date has definitely been cancelled. Unfortunately it's not going straight to dvd but is going to get a bigger launch this October so it can coincide with Halloween. I might be wrong but a lot of sites are reporting this to be a fact. I guess we wont know until it is announced officially.