Page 160 of 173 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170 ... LastLast
Results 2,386 to 2,400 of 2590

Thread: Rate the last movie you've seen

Great Britain
    Werewolf within

Fun little comedy horror with a who done it? story. 6/10

Super Moderator

UK
    Why Don't You Just Die!
    A 2018 Russian film about revenge and greed with an awful lot of the red red kroovy sloshed about in the process. It's well paced, peels back the layers of why everything is happening the way it's happening, and manages to make use of primarily a single location (a small flat) without feeling constricted. There's a good sense of humour to it and it's all pieced together very stylishly. Would definitely recommend a viewing.

Speaking of Russian flicks, I recently tried watching "Hard To Be A God" because I'd read the book (by the Strugatsky Brothers) not too long ago ... but fuck me ... three hours and getting off to that slow of a start? A load of miserable people trudging about in mud muttering total non-sequiters with not a hint of story progression to be found, and then when we finally meet the protagonist it's just him meandering about his home playing a fucking pipe/horn thing for minutes on end? Oh fuck off ... packed that right the fuck in. Can't be doing with that ponderous sort of thing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by paranoid101 View Post
    Werewolf within

Fun little comedy horror with a who done it? story. 6/10
    Ooh! I wanna see that! Hopefully it'll come to one of the platforms I've got.

Great Britain
    Shang Chi Disney+

Very fun movie with a likable cast, good action scenes, stories good, I would give it a solid 8/10 but its let down a little by the CGI heavy ending so it gets a 7/10

Super Moderator

UK
    The Undertaker
    Joe Spinell's last movie, made in 1988 a year before his death, but it was never released to the public until 2010 (in a weirdly re-edited version) and then in 2016 in a version closer to what was intended. The movie was essentially directed by four different people, and that certainly shows, as the film is an absolute mess. The script rarely makes a lick of sense, stuff just happens, scenes are jarringly put together, and I don't know if it was an acting choice or just nature but one of the cops in the film is the sweatiest person I've ever seen on film (in a scenario where nobody else is sweating). Spinell mumbles his way through the movie, barely intelligible half the time, while his rotund gut and missing teeth just make you feel a little sad as the end was nigh for him during production. There's a few good gore moments and plenty of boobs thrown into the mix, but it really is quite an inept piece of filmmaking. It's kind of fun to watch just to see how poorly cobbled together it is, but it doesn't have the 'so bad its good' warm charm of, say, Nail Gun Massacre (which is quite inept, but also a lot of fun and a real 'boot straps' kind of production story). The Undertaker, on the other hand, features so much 'direlogue' where characters seemingly take forever to say nothing of any import at all. It scrapes in at 80 minutes, but even that feels too long. It's a curio for Spinell fans and those interested in so-called 'trash cinema', and it does have some moments, but I can't imagine I'll ever re-watch this.

Administrator

England
    Dune (1984) - Never really watched it, until now. Suprisingly enjoyable, albeit more and more rushed as it goes on, until a rather messy final quarter. 7/10.

ps: Patrick Stewart, running into battle, holding a pug? Bizarre!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Dune (1984) - Never really watched it, until now.
    WTF??? Sometimes you surprise me with your bizarre "I have never seen its". What's next? "Flash Gordon (1980) - Never really saw it, until today" LOL!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    WTF??? Sometimes you surprise me with your bizarre "I have never seen its". What's next? "Flash Gordon (1980) - Never really saw it, until today" LOL!
    I know... As a kid "Dune" just never appealed to me...

ps: What's "Flash Gordon"? Should I watch it?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Not only have I not seen Dune (1984), I've also never watched Flash Gordon.

*runs for cover*

But then, neither of them have ever appealed to me.

Rising

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

*runs for cover*

Are you a member of a hermit colony that has been living under a rock since way back when???

- - - Updated - - -

I know... As a kid "Dune" just never appealed to me...

ps: What's "Flash Gordon"? Should I watch it?
    Yes, especially at the movie theater, if you can. I watched both of them when they premiered on the big screen.

Let me make another recommendation: Star Wars (1977). I think you'll like it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I don't really think Dune or Flash Gordon are essential viewing. I've seen both and they're mildly amusing relics from a time when pop rock bands were allowed to score Hollywood blockbusters.

By the way, I saw 1917 and Red Notice yesterday. One was amazing, the other was sub-par. Guess which one is which.

Administrator

England
    Pssst... I have seen Flash Gordan. It's epic!
    -Carl Sagan

Rising

United States
    Pssst... I have seen Flash Gordan. It's epic!
    Yes, but Flash Gordon was even more epic! We should all be wearing "Sam J. Jones" t-shirts, for crying out loud! What the hell happened?? And how come no sequel was made, despite the blatant tease at the end??? It's been 41 years and I am still in suspense: The End (?) ***Ming's evil laughter in the background***

Last edited by JDP; 14-Nov-2021 at 04:03 PM. Reason: ;

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

*runs for cover*

Same here. I've also never seen any of the Star Wars movies except for the original. There are a shit ton more wildly popular movies that I've never seen simply because they don't interest me.
    Last edited by beat_truck; 15-Nov-2021 at 02:16 AM. Reason: .

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post
    Same here. I've also never seen any of the Star Wars movies except for the original. There are a shit ton more wildly popular movies that I've never seen simply because they don't interest me.
    You've not seen The Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi? Wow!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    By the way, I saw 1917 and Red Notice yesterday. One was amazing, the other was sub-par. Guess which one is which.

I had Red Notice in my queue, only half-interested initially, but then I saw a review or two and it sounded like the most dull load of old bits stolen from other better films ... so I took that shit right off the queue. Plenty of stuff to watch.

1917, on the other hand - cracking film!

Quote Originally Posted by beat_truck View Post