View Poll Results: What did you think of Survival of the Dead?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Loved it.

19 13.01%
  • Liked It.

53 36.30%
  • Meh, neither here nor there.

25 17.12%
  • Disappointed.

29 19.86%
  • Hated it.

20 13.70%
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: For those of you who **have seen** Survival of the Dead - - - opinion poll!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Kenny died pretty well.
    They killed Kenny. Those bastards!

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Mwa-mwa. Had to be said, didn't it? Good show. Gold star for you.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    They killed Kenny. Those bastards!
    Like I said, I wouldn't be suprised if they filmed that dialogue - seemed too much of a setup.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Disappointed. Very
    Too many scenes with zombies randomly walking around corners only to be dispatched for the sake of the setup.
    Incoherent story.
    Far too many scenes didn't link and completely threw out the flow of the movie and made me go WTF.
    Agree with the above.

Banned
    Banned User

Aaland
    Disjointed pile of dog vomit from beginning to end full of non-sequiturs.
    Favorite one when pseudo tough ex army guy finds dead non zombie people in the lake "WHO DID THIS I want a piece of him".
    When he finally does guess what happens?
    RIGHT,....NOTHING

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And with that sarge is probably the best actor in the film.

Last edited by darth los; 17-Jun-2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: jd's hat
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I thought her horse was the best actor. Amazing death scene, rivaling Kenny's.

United States
    I was disappointed with it. I felt it had a lot of potential in the story, but the terrible CGI distracted from the movie so much.

I watched the special features where George said that the cost of using actual effects was too high in comparison so he went with CGI. He used the example of them shooting the heads on the stake and said something about how if the muzzle flashes didnt match the explosions then they had to clean up the entire set and reshoot. Then, George goes on to say how that all the muzzle flashes in the movie were CGI... so my question was why not just use squibs to blow the heads so it looks good and then do CGI muzzle flashes so they match up. It was little things like that which distraced me from the film and honestly, it's the only Romero zombie movie I have no desire to own because of this. However, I did like them bringing the guy from the previous 2 movies in playing the same character, that was cool.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Watching the Romero-produced "Deadtime Stories" now. You think "Survival" blows goats for quarters? Check this camcorder dreck out. I used to criticize Wes Craven for slapping his name on every substandard production that came his way (i.e Wishmaster, Dracula 2000, They) but nothing compares to this. Oh, how the mighty have fallen. For shame, Mr. Romero. For shame (and I’m only eleven minutes into it!)
    Last edited by ChokeOnEm; 18-Jul-2011 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Grammar

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    I was disappointed with it. I felt it had a lot of potential in the story, but the terrible CGI distracted from the movie so much.
    So it was the terrible CGI? And not the fact that the terrible CGI was bringing to the screen ridiculous events like zombie heads on stakes and fire extinguishers exploding eyes and a flare gun igniting a zombie head? For me the CGI can't ruin it because the plot got there first.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

United States
    Romero has only made 4 movies that I enjoy watching. I just saw Deadtime stories in Walmart and I had to stop myself from laughing. Romero needs to retire and spend what little time he has left soaking up some sunshine.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fulci fan View Post
    Romero has only made 4 movies that I enjoy watching. I just saw Deadtime stories in Walmart and I had to stop myself from laughing. Romero needs to retire and spend what little time he has left soaking up some sunshine.
    Without a second thought :P

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    ...How's that?!

England
    I put neither here nor there because on first viewing I didn't come away with the feeling that I definitely liked it. I would still defend it though and I definitely need to watch it again. I did really appreciate the fact he was trying to do something different. Maybe if there was something between meh and like... that's where I sit :
    BRUCE CAMPBELL IS GOD
    from a lover of Evil Dead, Zombies, Cult, Exploitation, B-Movies, Action and Comedy

My Movie Review blog - http://aftermoviediner.blogspot.com
    My AMD podcast can be found on iTunes if you search After Movie Diner and at http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/110745
    the podcast blog: http://amdpodcast.blogspot.com/
    or on Facebook under The Podcast from the After Movie Diner and follow me on twitter @aftermoviediner

Norway
    I watched it twice now and my oppinon is that allthough its well filmed, I cant get behind the characters. Just throwing some minorities into the group and have them kill some rednecks does not make you an automatic good guy in my eyes. I also got the impression that the Irish guy who wanted to kill all the zombies used to kill and rob all the other people who showed up at the dock but when the soldiers came in an armoured car he wanted to ally. I liked a lot of things in this movies direction but when a child killer is suddenly made the good guy for the entire movie I fail get very involved. He even preaches! The hell is this?
    The best character by far is the Latino dude who bit the zombies, I remember him and cared what happend to him. I dont remember how the lesbian soldier died, I dont remember anyones names exept Muldoon. I dont even remember if the main character died or not at the end of the movie. That is the worst sin of all how forgettable the movie is, using gag kills for the zombies entertains you then and there but removes all tension in the story. People like this in the same way they like Zombieland, some goofballs kills some zombies and learn a lesson in the end. bah. The great direction and filming makes the movie more infuriating if it had such potential. Think if the movie had been from the Latino guys perspective and the main guy would be a Rhodes like figure and all in the unit was colder and more defensive towards eachother. Remove the gag kills as well and the mood would have suited the filming a lot better.
    So yeah I voted dissapointed.