Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Walking Dead" - Official Trailers/Clips

England
    5 min scene "under the cars" shown at NYCC yesterday

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I friggin love Daryl now. He's a badass.

Looks like T-Dog may not be with us much longer...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    5 min scene "under the cars" shown at NYCC yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I friggin love Daryl now. He's a badass.

Looks like T-Dog may not be with us much longer...
    I was going to try and resist watching the clip, but who am I kidding?

It was a stonker of a clip by the way. Even out of context it was very tense.

I too, like bassman, love the character of Daryl now. At first I thought he was a bit of a twat, but as soon as they got into the city in Vatos - he started to show his worth - then when he saw the revenge that his brother seemingly wrought on the group, I think he's moved closer to the group, and he's become actually quite a good character - I look forward to seeing more of his skills in the coming episodes!

As for T-Dog ... well, he's seemingly in trouble there, but then again perhaps Herschel will be able to help him out?

BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!

United States
    damm, that was awesome. daryl is the man. and yeah, t-dog's little boo-boo looked pretty serious, almost like an artery was severed in his fall...if that's the case, he's probably fuct.

less than nine hours out....CAN. NOT. WAIT.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

I too, like bassman, love the character of Daryl now. At first I thought he was a bit of a twat, but as soon as they got into the city in Vatos - he started to show his worth - then when he saw the revenge that his brother seemingly wrought on the group, I think he's moved closer to the group, and he's become actually quite a good character - I look forward to seeing more of his skills in the coming episodes!

As for T-Dog ... well, he's seemingly in trouble there, but then again perhaps Herschel will be able to help him out?

BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!
    Apparently you learn a lot about Daryl's back story in season 2 via flashbacks. From what i've read thats how they're going to flesh out most of the characters

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed

BRING ON SEASON TWO!!!
    SPOILER ALERT!

i haven't even seen a commercial yet

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Apparently you learn a lot about Daryl's back story in season 2 via flashbacks. From what i've read thats how they're going to flesh out most of the characters
    Interesting ... I wonder if it'll be to their normal lives, or their lives just as the outbreak begins?

Also - I dug the screwdriver moment in that clip.

England

3 min Pre-apocalypse Scene from "Bloodletting"

MY HOME CINEMA

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    So as a US member I can watch the UK videos, but it doesn't work the other way around for you guys? AMC is a stingy bitch.

Anyway...I really enjoyed that. I hope to see more of these kinda "fill in the blanks" flashbacks. Although i'm sure it's too "soap opera" for some....

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Anyway...I really enjoyed that. I hope to see more of these kinda "fill in the blanks" flashbacks. Although i'm sure it's too "soap opera" for some....
    I enjoyed it as well. I do like the flashbacks as long as they keep them pre opening credits and don't overuse them

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooh, I think I like the idea of these flashbacks - little moments from before the outbreak - I found that one to be quite chilling, even though you know things work out (well, sort of, lol) it's still a spine-tingling moment.

Plus it makes a change seeing them not all covered in sweat.

I agree, pre-credits is a good place to put these. Keeps them separated from the show proper.

United States
    damn, that was pretty decent. add my name to the the list of fans of TWD who appreciate the flashbacks once in a while.

and like bass said, those who feel TWD has too much "family drama" or whatever are only gonna see this as more of the same. to each his own.

England
    Sneak Peek - Bloodletting.
    Another quality scene, this time with Dale and T-dog

Last edited by kidgloves; 22-Oct-2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: m

MY HOME CINEMA

Super Moderator

UK
    Damn, T-Dog's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

As for the "family drama" thing that some have moaned about ... I don't see it that way at all. Yes there's drama in there - great drama - but without any quality human characters interacting in a satisfyingly deep and emotional way, what have you got? Just a bunch of shots of zombies walking around. Zombie movies aren't supposed to be about the zombies, sure that's a significant part of it, but it's not the main focus - the main focus, in any good zombie product, has been the people - the real, live, human people at the centre of the story. Indeed, that's no different to the comics themselves - the main focus of which are the human characters.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 22-Oct-2011 at 05:51 PM.

England
    Damn, T-Dog's got a bit of a chip on his shoulder.

As for the "family drama" thing that some have moaned about ... I don't see it that way at all. Yes there's drama in there - great drama - but without any quality human characters interacting in a satisfyingly deep and emotional way, what have you got? Just a bunch of shots of zombies walking around. Zombie movies aren't supposed to be about the zombies, sure that's a significant part of it, but it's not the main focus - the main focus, in any good zombie product, has been the people - the real, live, human people at the centre of the story. Indeed, that's no different to the comics themselves - the main focus of which are the human characters.
    You should see the IMDB forum for TWD. Good god. It is FULL of people complaining about the drama element, nitpicking absolutely everything and constantly complaining about no character development, filler scenes and poor writing. Everyone seems to think they're critics these days. Whatever happened to the days of letting yourself be transported to another world and being swept along for the ride.
    I really like the setting of TWD. When its on the box over here its the exact opposite of the climate outside at this time of the year. It really does seem like another world to me and i like the universe they've created.

MY HOME CINEMA