Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising 2 announced for Xbox 360 and PS3

United States
    New developer diary, "Meet Your Neighbors":

Last edited by CoinReturn; 31-Aug-2010 at 04:21 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm loving it so far. Not much I can say except it's a lot like Dead Rising, only improved upon.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Review: Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    It was awesome... Except for the boss fight. I think the boss fight is WAY too difficult... Maybe it was beefed up because there was only one in the demo... Other then that it was very very good.

Also anyone who wants all the achievements... Those who said it was an hour must not have been going for the chievo's as it will take 3-4 hours...

Bar none best 400point I ever spent... Also Best demo ever...
    Last edited by CooperWasRight; 01-Sep-2010 at 04:01 AM.
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    I have to say. . the Webisodes were soooooooooo bad. I have no idea why I watched all of them. . .I must hate myself.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Well, I played a bit of it last night, and I'm liking what I'm seeing. I'm a bit tired of puking on my own shoes but it's been fun so far.

Baseball bat w/nails & the pitchfork/shotgun are my favorite combo weapons so far..

I stll have quite a ways to go as I didn't get too much time to play it last night (my son was hogging the 360 so he could play it.. ) but I'm enjoying it, and as people have already said, it's well worth the 400 points.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    very irritated i spend 400 on the boring darkspawn chronicles for dragon age instead of this.

United States
    Here are the combo weapons available for those of you going for the achievement:

Combo Weapons Available

DRILL BUCKET - Power Drill + Bucket
    I.E.D. - Propane Tank + Box of Nails
    MOLOTOV - Newspaper + Whiskey
    AIR HORN - Spray Paint (Any) + Pylon
    BEER HAT - Beer + Construction Hat
    ELECTRIC RAKE - Leaf Rake + Battery
    BOOMSTICK - Shotgun + Pitchfork
    PADDLESAW - Chainsaw + Paddle
    SPIKED BAT - Baseball Bat + Box of Nails

Edit: also, the kitchen and bowie knife strong attacks are brutal, good luck with that one, Australia.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 01-Sep-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CooperWasRight View Post
    Also anyone who wants all the achievements... Those who said it was an hour must not have been going for the chievo's as it will take 3-4 hours...
    All of them seem doable.

Being the achievement whore that I am I'm going for every one of them.

What are the 2 most difficult IYO?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    All of them seem doable.

Being the achievement whore that I am I'm going for every one of them.

What are the 2 most difficult IYO?

Rescuing all the survivors seems a bit difficult to me. However, I've only played through it once and was attempting to collect both the bike and survivors, so I didn't get either completed.

It's a lot of fun so far, tough. Completely worth 400points - hell, I'd say it's worth 800 or maybe even 1200 points.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Rescuing all the survivors seems a bit difficult to me. However, I've only played through it once and was attempting to collect both the bike and survivors, so I didn't get either completed.

It's a lot of fun so far, tough. Completely worth 400points - hell, I'd say it's worth 800 or maybe even 1200 points.
    And thus the value. As we said earlier in the thread, alot of the games in the arcade are way overpriced. Something like this would normally be 1200p and no one would even bat an eye.

I was reading the guide to it and it said it would take multiple playthroughs to get all the achievementas.

Oh well, I guess it's good practice for the real game.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

I'll second that - for 400 points, this is best XBL value-for-dollar game out there.

I hope the survivors are smarter than they were in DR1. That was my main bitch about that game, the AI survivors were dumb as a box of rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    Here are the combo weapons available for those of you going for the achievement:

Combo Weapons Available

Edit: also, the kitchen and bowie knife strong attacks are brutal, good luck with that one, Australia.
    Thanks, CR! Appreciate that list...

The knife strong attack is awesome! Love the "theme" music they used, too. Where's Norman when we need him?

United States
    just got the A ending and all the survivor and story achievements. had a blast, the ending escape was very short but awesome. pretty cool to see chuck put on that jacket we've seen him wearing in all the preview screeshots. very eager about DR2 after this. going back through to get the combo weapons, 1k zombie kills, unlock doors, and 100k at the pawnshop achievements.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post

Combo Weapons Available

To take this a step further...

Paddle:
    across the street from the gas station just abit past the van were you rescue dick (pawnshop guy) in the corner of the fence/building

Spray paint:
    purple can on the roof of the gas station(were you spawn) just go through the main room with all the snacks and open the door and the is a ladder that will take you to the roof... Also there is a sniper rifle that is very helpful against the boss...So I suggest grabbing it before you give your daughter her zombrex grab it.

Green spray is behind the police station.

Construction hat:

After you make you way on the roof were Bob is(the dude on top of the building shooting) just move along the alley side of the building, jump over to the adjacent building and to your right there should be a construction hat.

Thats pretty much the obscure items...The rest of the items are pretty common...
    Check out my 3 min zombie short for the diary contest.
    Among the Dead
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=29079528

United States
    Just finished case 0. Best 400 points I ever spent. Awesome awesome. I got the A ending, and saved everyone with the exception of the guy on the roof and his daughter. Couldn't find her in time. Very fun tho. Gonna give it another whirl.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."