Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead Island (video game)

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    im waiting on the inevitable left 4 dead 2 mod.
    Err... Isn't that like getting a Call of Duty mod for Battlefield? lol.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    1: 10 hours in it tells you how to dodge, well, at least you remembered.
    2: infected the fucking runners clip through walls, doors behind you. so if you miss the kick there behind you killing you before you can move.
    3: humans, jesus. just got to the city DONT USE MELEE. kick takes like 25 kicks to knock them down and i hit one eight times with a flaming basbeall bat and he did nothing. then he killed me in one hit with a stick.... you HAVE to shoot em in the head. ironic i suppose.

England
    3: humans, jesus. just got to the city DONT USE MELEE. kick takes like 25 kicks to knock them down and i hit one eight times with a flaming basbeall bat and he did nothing. then he killed me in one hit with a stick.... you HAVE to shoot em in the head. ironic i suppose.
    You can still take their loafs clean off in a one'r with a sledgehammer, axe, mace (why are there medieval maces on a tropical resort??) or machete though!
    How grim is it when you smash the top of somethings head off & blood sprays all over the floor, its looks all shiny & quite real

Administrator

England
    Where can I find how to interpret the stats on weapons? I don't have a clue what the value all mean?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Where can I find how to interpret the stats on weapons? I don't have a clue what the value all mean?
    I'm not sure on that, I just assumed that the higher the stat the better the weapon, so I just upgrade them as far as they'll go, generally I think the more you upgrade the higher damage you can inflict on enemies & the longer the weapon lasts before you have to repair it...

United States

All Melee Weapons have the following parameters:
    • Damage - The amount of health depleted from an attack (initially)
    • Force - this parameter reflects the damage done to a target's stamina (often slicing off limbs or breaking bones)
    • Handling - the easier a weapon is to handle, the less stamina it takes to use it.
    • Durability and Condition - Durability defines the maximum number of attacks this weapon can withstand before breaking. The condition is the current state represented by a white bar around the weapon icon. (When durability is depleted the weapon being used will do a fraction of the base damage)
    All Firearms have the following parameters:
    • Damage - The amount of health depleted from an attack (initially)
    • Accuracy - Determines the chance of hitting your target while not in ADS (Aim Down Sights)
    • Rate of Fire - The amount of bullets or rounds fired in a given time (usually per minute)
    • Reload Speed - How quickly the firearm can be reloaded.
    Rarity

Each weapon also has its own rarity level:
    • Common (White)
    • Uncommon (Green)
    • Rare (Blue)
    • Very Rare (Violet)
    • Exceptional (Orange)
    http://deadisland.wikia.com/wiki/Wea...d_Modification
    IMO Durabilty is the most important in a weapon. It might do 1,000,000 in damage but being only able to use it once and then having a $10,000,000,000 bill to repair it is a no go. The second thing I consider is Damage.
    Last edited by Mr. Clean; 23-Sep-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: ...

Administrator

England
    And what's the deal when it says 200+22 for example? What's the deal with the additional numbers?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    And what's the deal when it says 200+22 for example? What's the deal with the additional numbers?
    Add them together to get the total damage? I think that's the deal anyways.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    HOLY MOTHER OF F*CK I HATE INFECTED.

especially in the city. they literally pop in behind walls, ruun at you, clip through you and wail on you. i keep losing all but two blocks of health because a fucking burning variant and 9 of his bros decided to gang rape me.

-- -------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

found the first easter egg mod from the orange skull, developers carft mod no.1 'electro body'.

United States
    Once you find guns, do you use them quite a bit or do you end up using melee majority of the time? (Question directed at everyone who has made it that far.)

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Melee and blades is the only way I roll.
    (Secretly does not play the game because L4D2 is still superior, and really... how many zombie games does one need?)

Ireland
    Melee for zombies, guns for people
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Yes - you'll be forced to use guns for people later on anyways. Like when taking out a nest of 'em in the jungle, trust me. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Once you find guns, do you use them quite a bit or do you end up using melee majority of the time? (Question directed at everyone who has made it that far.)
    I like Left4Dead's art direction and a lot of the map design, but other than that, it's almost hideously overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun co-op diversion every once in a while, but it get's repetitive quickly. Big part of the blame is the overhyped AI director. Source engine maps tend to be rather claustrophobic anyways, but the AI director's only idea of excitement and dramatics is putting zombies into every corner of those small maps and "spicing" it up with mass attacks that feel like a boss fight each. When they occur, they quickly lose every kind of punch they had when you started out.

If a mod or developer fixes the Dead Island's simple world reset, I could see myself prefering it in terms of co-op zombie action. In Left 4 Dead you constantly fight dozens of undead, in such a comical kind of way it makes the lawnmower finale of Braindead almost appear as a live report on a news show. In Dead Island, it's a bit more like in the movies: You will find yourself followed, surprised or attacked from behind occasionally, there are moments of silence in between the action, and one zombie (particularly one of the infected) can already bite you plenty. You have to pay attention, particularly in the city - and unlike in Valve's relentless gunplay, running away or avoiding zeds is actually an option, often the better one.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Melee and blades is the only way I roll.
    (Secretly does not play the game because L4D2 is still superior, and really... how many zombie games does one need?)
    Versus L4D2 is excellent!
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Too short? It's like 30-40hrs isn't it?
    It is around that long, but you have to understand that I am spoilt on rpgs & their hybrids that have over 100 hrs of gameplay before completion. I have over 150 hrs on Fallout 3. The same with Elder Scrolls 4 and Fallout: NV.

-- -------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

HOLY MOTHER OF F*CK I HATE INFECTED.
    especially in the city. they literally pop in behind walls, ruun at you, clip through you and wail on you. i keep losing all but two blocks of health because a fucking burning variant and 9 of his bros decided to gang rape me.[COLOR="Silver"]

Later in the game, you have to deal with a lot more of them. Oh yeah, there is another type of zombie called the butcher, which will piss you off, too.
    Last edited by slickwilly13; 24-Sep-2011 at 04:38 PM. Reason: edit