Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ted the cave diver: 8 years on, still creepy

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    give me a minute-

there we go
    Brilliant, thanks man!

Looking closer at the two versions, another piece of evidence is that the "1987" version and the Angelfire version share a lot of the same grammar errors such as the use of apostrophes on a plural - "Floyd Collins was a caver back in the early 1900's who got stuck in a tight crawl space and was unable to free himself" (a common mistake but should technically be rendered as "1900s") - and spelling mistakes - "if I waited too long I would loose what little light and coverage I had" (should be "lose"). These minor errors are on-par for a self-run website, but not for a legitimately print-published story where normally it would be proof-read and corrected before going to print. This further suggests that the website was the original source and not the short story. Whoever Thomas Lera is, he didn't read the source material too closely when he plagiarised it.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

Does anyone else think that this would make an excellent low-budget horror film?
    Someone's only gone and done it: click

ViP

United States
    Interesting read, thanks. I think it would make for a better anthology segment. Would the ending need to be ambiguous, almost like the Sopranos ending or something?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Someone's only gone and done it: click
    It's a shame I can't find ANY other info on this movie, other than the info provided in that link.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    Interesting read, thanks. I think it would make for a better anthology segment.
    I agree. Not sure whether this story can entertain the viewer for 110 minutes, we'll have to wait and see.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    It's a shame I can't find ANY other info on this movie, other than the info provided in that link.
    I found it on IMDB last night. I think it's listed under the title "THE Living Dark" as opposed to how it's billed at the fest.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not bad. It could've used a few edits here and there, but pretty creepy.

Super Moderator

United States
    I remember exactly where I was and what office job I was slacking off on when I first read the annals of Ted the Cave Diver. I loved it; lovecraftian, but in a modern sense

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany