Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rant Thread (aka the HATE thread)

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i hate motherfu*kers who are buying a seemingly bewildering array of lottery tickets while i'm waiting to buy a 2 liter of RC.

i hate people who leave their cars at the gas pumps while they go inside to shop.

i hate anyone on myspace.

i fu*king hate facebook and all the assholes who spend hours worrying about what other people are doing and amassing their 700 friends.

i hate when people tailgate but i don't get pissy about it. i get even. i slow down.

i hate white trash and anyone going around talking about "being played like a bitch."

i hate anyone who cannot graduate from high school.

i hate the entire western side of cincinnati - full of white trash and ignorant ghetto dwellers.

i hate anyone wrapped up in activism, politics, or trying to change the world to suit their personal bullshit.

i hate motherfu*kers who act like your friend and wind up being anything but.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I hate hipsters. Especially faux hipsters. And I especially hate to see them on commericals, which is pretty much all they have on commericals these days. Especially detestable are those douches on that make up that fake band on the free credit report.com commericals. I see that shaggy haired idiot in the glasses doing his stupid hipster poses and I want to punch him out. And that faux hipster freak that is a tom cruise wannabe on the insurance commercial makes me want to break his nose.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I hate hipsters. Especially faux hipsters. And I especially hate to see them on commericals, which is pretty much all they have on commericals these days. Especially detestable are those douches on that make up that fake band on the free credit report.com commericals. I see that shaggy haired idiot in the glasses doing his stupid hipster poses and I want to punch him out. And that faux hipster freak that is a tom cruise wannabe on the insurance commercial makes me want to break his nose.
    speaking of commercials- i hate that damn "flash mob" phone commercial with a passion.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What I hate? Auto-tune and how kids these days think it means you can sing. Same thing with Guitar Hero. It's a game....not an instrument.

Administrator

England

Angry

Do not even get me started on adverts, rather than be witty or clever or generally informative, advertisers seem to feel the need to create annoying adverts that they somehow think will win people over and i mean they go all out and out to fu*king annoy you. Example..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_-9QFvhQWo

And it must fu*king work becuase they have been making these adverts for years, people should seriously fu*king boycott these companies until these adverts stop, that isnt even a 1 one off, search youtube for go compare ad's theres hundreds of them. you americans should be down on your knees thanking the merciful god of shit adverts that you dont get this guy over there.

United States
    as for advertisements that get under my skin, (iirc, i started a thread solely dedicated to that once), the netflix "bonus round" radio commercials drive me batty.

i refuse to even consider getting a netflix account till they come up with a new advertising campaign and drag this irritating bullshit one out behind the barn and shoot it. the things have been on the radio for fucking years...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is the first i've heard of these annoying Netflix commercials. Regardless of how annoying the advertisements may be, Instant Netflix is THE SH*T! Totally worth the ten bucks a month. Pretty much any movie or show you can think of...

United States
    i realize that, but i can pretty much do the same thing with a downloading program and save 10 bucks a month.

i tried to find an audio of one, but couldn't and it's really not worth listening to. it's basically set up like some game show and an announcer is asking questions such as "if blood is thicker than water, what's thicker than blood?" , and some moronic sounding doofus gives an off-the-wall answer such as "potato salad". after a few of these irritating and pointless Q&A's, they ask a question about netflix, and then the moron "wins" and they talk about the wonders of netflix.

they've been on various radio stations here in the midwest for literally like the last 4 or 5 years. they never run out of dumb senseless questions, either.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Oh yeah, I heard one of those on the radio this morning.
    "Finish this phrase: tree, sky..." "Transmutation" Or something like that.
    Complete bollocks.
    But yes, I agree, commercials nowadays are, by and large, ("French class!") annoying.

United States
    Some of the modern day U.S. military veterans annoy the shit out of me. They seem to think that since they went to Afghanistan or Iraq that they are owed a hand out. Don't get me wrong....I'm a modern day veteran but I don't expect to be just givin a job or a easier path than someone else who hasn't served.

Example....At my Open House for Police Testing...they were explaining benefits and training we would get from the department if we got hired to work for their PD. He said something about being certified to use an AR-15 by the department. Some guy raises his hand and asks if they automatically certified people who had been certified in the military instead of making them do the training. Another time, they were talking about police certifications. The path is a little different for someone who has already been to the academy or certified in a different state. Some other dude asked if military police training would qualify him for that path. Both the answers were no for those wondering.

I feel that a few of the questions were generated to just play the military card.

Super Moderator

UK
    In relation to hipsters - I can't stand this 'look' that some people strut around in, which is as follows: Skinny jeans/corduroy trousers (for their preposterously stick-like legs), pointy brown shoes (with little heels on them) that add at least 3 inches to the supposed length of their feet, random 'ironic' t-shirts featuring randomly selected phrases picked from random signs found on roads or buildings, over which they were a sport jacket with the sleeves rolled up, and then further up on their self-important bonce they've got one of those Bieber haircuts (or Bieber-like haircuts) ... I was on holiday in Edinburgh recently (during the festival) and there were a whole bunch of these arseholes walking around.

Further to that - Top Man - the male version of Top Shop (a 'trendy' clothing shop we have in the UK) ... I can't stand it. It tries so hard to be 'trendy' and forces everyone buying from it to look like a dimwitted presenter for T4. It creeped me out walking through that place.

As for adverts - yeah, I can't stand those "Go Compare" adverts. They clearly saw that the CompareTheMarket.com adverts (featuring the Meerkats) were very popular and thought 'hey, let's be cooky like they are' ... but instead they made something piss-annoying and won't bloody stop. If anything I'm far less likely to use their service, and while I didn't find CompareTheMarket to be much cop, I enjoy their adverts.

Another series of adverts - those ones featuring that god awful song that goes "Here come the girls!" ... I think it's for Boots or Superdrug or something like that. I FUCKING HATE THOSE ADVERTS AND I DESPISE THAT DREADFUL EXCUSE FOR A SONG!

Administrator

England
    I fu*king hate it when every sentence needs fu*k in it for reason?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    c'mon, neil. you surely had to have an idea that a thread devoted to things we hate would have a good bit of profanity sprinkled in it...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    c'mon, neil. you surely had to have an idea that a thread devoted to things we hate would have a good bit of profanity sprinkled in it...
    Maybe so, but my contribution remains - I hate people swearing simply for the sake of it, especially so in conversation, in public. There you are walking along, and a nearby group (of guys normally) throw out F bombs left right and center as if it's a perfectly good way to punctuate every sentence? Really winds me up! Especially when my kids are around! Just comes across chav and needless IMHO.

ps: Not talking about this thread really. Although everyone knows I'm not keep on liberal amounts of unecessary swearing in the forum.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    F*ckin A. That f*ckin sh*t f*ckin pisses me the f*ck off.