Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what sports do you play?

United States
    Tennis, Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Polo, Football (mind you never in school what with those sexist teams and all), Skateboarding, Wakeboarding, Skiing, Hockey, and in school I competed in swimming & diving, and track and field. I pretty much competed in everything I did except for the football and skateboarding at one time or another either for school or in private groups. I dont really consider rock climbing, kayaking, or sailing sports (even though there's competitions available) but I do those too just not often. Sports rule...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Tennis, Soccer, Field Hockey, Volleyball, Polo, Football (mind you never in school what with those sexist teams and all), Skateboarding, Wakeboarding, Skiing, Hockey, and in school I competed in swimming & diving, and track and field. I pretty much competed in everything I did except for the football and skateboarding at one time or another either for school or in private groups. I dont really consider rock climbing, kayaking, or sailing sports (even though there's competitions available) but I do those too just not often. Sports rule...

It's nice to see a woman that's into athletics. Isn't why they have title 9? To prevent sex discrimination in sports?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Oh they have some prevention of sex discrimination in high school sports? I didn't know that... not that my dad would have let me play... god forbid I dont play tennis or golf...

which I forgot I love golf... but mostly just for the golf carts and drinking while you play...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh they have some prevention of sex discrimination in high school sports? I didn't know that... not that my dad would have let me play... god forbid I dont play tennis or golf...

which I forgot I love golf... but mostly just for the golf carts and drinking while you play...
    Yes, title 9 is a federal act that mandates that women's sports programs in schools get the same equal treatment, such as financing and facilities, as the men. They cannot be discriminated against on the basis of gender.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Yes, title 9 is a federal act that mandates that women's sports programs in schools get the same equal treatment, such as financing and facilities, as the men. They cannot be discriminated against on the basis of gender.
    didnt know that . looks like i learned something new. >heads starts to hurt<
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's the problem, so many people don't know their rights. I'll bet that most people get their rights violated routinely and don't even know it.

Canada
    That's the problem, so many people don't know their rights. I'll bet that most people get their rights violated routinely and don't even know it.
    so very true that is. most peaple dont have a clue what thier rights are and it allows employers to take advantage of them by stiffing them on OT and such. everyone including myself should brush up on our rights then we can stick it to the MAN.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    so very true that is. most peaple dont have a clue what thier rights are and it allows employers to take advantage of them by stiffing them on OT and such. everyone including myself should brush up on our rights then we can stick it to the MAN.

This is the main reason i got into law. My rights were violated once and i vowed it would never happen again. I want to help other people protect themselves from abuses as well. I always say that everybody hates lawyers unyil they need one. Then they're your best freind.

Canada
    This is the main reason i got into law. My rights were violated once and i vowed it would never happen again. I want to help other people protect themselves from abuses as well. I always say that everybody hates lawyers unyil they need one. Then they're your best freind.
    the law has always facinated me as well especially the criminal asspect of it.
    thats the main reason i went to college and took a 2 year course in correctional studies and now work at a mens correctional facillity.

United States
    I dont really consider rock climbing, kayaking, or sailing sports (even though there's competitions available) but I do those too just not often. Sports rule...
    You're limiting yourself to one definition of sport.

sport (noun)

1. competitive physical activity: an individual or group competitive activity involving physical exertion or skill, governed by rules, and sometimes engaged in professionally ( often used in the plural )

2. pastime: an active pastime participated in for pleasure or exercise
    A penny for the old guy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Graebel View Post
    You're limiting yourself to one definition of sport.

sport (noun)

1. competitive physical activity: an individual or group competitive activity involving physical exertion or skill, governed by rules, and sometimes engaged in professionally ( often used in the plural )

2. pastime: an active pastime participated in for pleasure or exercise
    That's right girl, whip out the dictionary on her ass.

United Kingdom
    I just finished doing ballet 1-2 times a week for about 6 months (I think). As with some other things people have mentioned, if you don't think it's a sport, try it. I thought it would be quite nice and relaxing as well as gently toning... I couldn't have been more wrong. I got calves like tennis balls within a couple of weeks. It is *very* physically demanding, I could hardly crawl out of bed the day after a session.

Before that I used to go to the gym all the time and do yoga. I'm not sure whether I'd class yoga as a sport exactly, but it's really good for you. I'm going to start going to boring old fitness classes once a week now (as there's nothing else in my area) but also get back into jogging and possibly swimming. And dancing like a knob-end to workout DVDs at home

Never been one for team sports really.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    I hear ya on team sports I hate having to stick to one role... and you're right about ballet its tough... I dont know how you could do it I hate blisters and callouses ... I'm too weak to be in it

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alot of people think ballet is dainty or for sissy's. In reality it takes an ubelievable amount of strength and intestinal fortitude.

Canada
    Alot of people think ballet is dainty or for sissy's. In reality it takes an ubelievable amount of strength and intestinal fortitude.
    some of those ballet dudes are big, i wouldnt want to call them no sissy or fruit how could you live down geting beat up by a dude that takes ballet