Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Non-Romero Zombie movie

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Zombie Flesh Eaters, hands down!

Spot on!! That and 28 days later.

Undisclosed
    ESCAPE FROM NY features the gas crazies: flesh-eaters, zombie-like, insane people who went affected by an experimental gas during the war time. They live underneath the city.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 22-Nov-2006 at 06:30 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alive Man View Post
    ESCAPE FROM NY features the gas crazies: flesh-eaters, zombie-like, insane people who went affected by an experimental gas during the war time. They live underneath the city.
    Well spotted

I figure they will do fine seeing as how we are NOT sticking strictly to actual zombies, just to things that are "a bit like zombies".

Nexus 6 on the otherhand, while looking and acting human, or rather super human, and are, as we all know "more human than human" ... though strangely, are not "technically" alive ... man

Undisclosed
    Big Plissken fan here.

One of the Duke's henchman (presumibly a gas crazy) is named 'Romero'.
    And the gas crazies are basically cannibals with a dazed mind and a collective will.
    Most of the background story for NY is featured in the novelization (based on Carpenter's script). NY was gassed out, that's why they dropped the ball with Manhattan and turned the whole area into a big prison.

Still, the "Living Dead" concept is so flexible, you can work it out a lot.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 22-Nov-2006 at 06:40 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Undisclosed
    I can see the appeal of remaking the Crazies, but I hope to Jupiter that no one even tries to remake Martin. Now that would be criminal.
    "Move over, boys. I'm one of the gang now." - Mantan Moreland

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Kitler View Post
    I can see the appeal of remaking the Crazies, but I hope to Jupiter that no one even tries to remake Martin. Now that would be criminal.
    Damn true.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    I dunno TBH.

I figured that if he can state 28 DAYS LATER, a movie with no zombies in it, as his favourite non romero zombie movie, then i could also state my own favourite non romero movies which contain "creatures that are a bit like zombies" and are set in a somewhat distopian or post-apocalyptic enviroment
    Sorry If I sounded stupid. I did like your choices. Well in Blade Runner those people/beings/whatever they were were cool. They were so very human but in a ways they were not. Rutger Hauer was awesome in Blade Runner. He was fantastic in The Hitcher as well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rawrOTD View Post
    Whats your favorite non Romero z flick?
    Is there a particular series/style/Nation's film industry you love ?

Theres so damn many

I think I'd have to go with Return of the Living Dead or 28 days later

All the Italian ones are just too campy. The evil dead series isnt enough along the same zombie themes i love (survival and siege)

i love anything where the characters have to barricade themselves in, claustraphobia is a good scary atmosphere IMHO
    make shift survival is really cool to me

I still have yet to see any asian ones (biozombie , versus, wild zero, junk)

anyhoo im sure 2456357356837 noobs have started this thread in the past
    but hey 2456357356837 noobs cant be wrong!
    Why wouldn't 'Evil Dead' qualify? Ash had to survive through the night and was under siege by his dead girlfriend and then the thing in the forest that took over her body and others as well as other items.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    Why wouldn't 'Evil Dead' qualify?

Dawg
    Well "strictly" speaking ... because they are demons rather than zombies?

But as this thread, misleading question and all, is NOT "strictly" restricted to zombies ... i guess evil dead would count

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    In Zombie 4: After Death (Or Zombie Flesh Eaters 3), the zombies are basicly demons. But they act just like zombies in that they eat human flesh are mindless and such. Well some of them can talk. And some can jump. And they can all wrestle.

In any case, Zombie 4 is one of the best films I've ever seen. It's just... Brilliant!

Undisclosed
    EVIL DEAD features one demonic entity (named... guess how? "The Evil Dead") that can split in many portions to simultaneously "fill" many bodies... so technically, they are all possessed by the same entity!

Cheryl, Scott, Linda, Sherri... they were all puppets in the hands of the Evil Dead consciousness, which is one, and only one.

Said that, I only like the first movie, which is the most "Romero-like", and even more.
    Probably, the first ED is the most frightening movie ever conceived and filmed.

The second ED is full of bloopers, and they impoverish it. I can't stand it anymore, even if when I was a child, the movie was my favourite out of the three.

Army is funny.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    In Zombie 4: After Death (Or Zombie Flesh Eaters 3), the zombies are basicly demons. But they act just like zombies in that they eat human flesh are mindless and such. Well some of them can talk. And some can jump. And they can all wrestle.

In any case, Zombie 4 is one of the best films I've ever seen. It's just... Brilliant!
    Zombie 4, 5 9whatever) Killing Birds is the awesomest Zombie movie ever made. It's thought provoking while providing non stop action!
    Unfortuantely it is missing both wrestling and a Tor Johnson look alike

The second ED is full of bloopers, and they impoverish it. I can't stand it anymore, even if when I was a child, the movie was my favourite out of the three.
    Bloopers? Like what?
    Come correct!
    Last edited by coma; 22-Nov-2006 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    EVIL DEAD 2:

Wires. Wires. Strings. Wires.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    easily a draw between shaun and 28 days.

the best damn zombie films us brits have ever made in my opinion, though the living dead at the manchester morgue was okay but that was too much like a brit version of flesh eaters i reckon.

capncnut
    Big Plissken fan here.
    Is it me or is the soundtrack to Escape From New York one of the best in movie history?

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the best damn zombie films us brits have ever made in my opinion...
    *blows into hand and polishes chest* Damn straight Hellz!
    Last edited by capncnut; 23-Nov-2006 at 05:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost