Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What was your fav Land zombie?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe

Note the obvious exception and no votes for BD as fave zombie.
    Big Daddy crawled under my skin. I love the movie, but, BD roared like a "Hollywood Boogeyman" way too much for my liking! On the commentary, don't they complain about Eugene Clark not being able to keep his "zombie walk" for more than one take?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Big Daddy crawled under my skin. I love the movie, but, BD roared like a "Hollywood Boogeyman" way too much for my liking! On the commentary, don't they complain about Eugene Clark not being able to keep his "zombie walk" for more than one take?
    I think everyone could agree on this...

And yeah, seems like I remember them talking like they weren't too pleased with Clark as Big Daddy.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Yeah,

It is such a shame, but i guess most of us seen this coming and expected it

Eugene Clark is most likely a great guy, great actor, great singer ... whatever he does i am sure he puts his utmost effort into it, but i was not really that keen on him taking the role of lead zombie ... but then this is possibly the fault of the casting department?

The Eugene Clark character SHOULD have been one of Big Daddys henchmen, that would have worked fine ... but from over one hundred (probably a lot more) zombies, i think he was possibly the worst choice for the lead zombie even though i fully understand WHY he was chosen.

I can handle the walking/roaring ... no problems. But he just didn't look good enough to take the starring role as lead zombie and get so much screen time with so many close ups.

Hell ... even DJ Funkmaster looked better than big daddy and had far superior make up FX, as did most of the other lesser zombies, and he was cut from the movie and didnt get one single second of screentime!

All things said ... GAR should have insisted that they stick with the original Big Daddy prototype sketches (BD was originally mexican with one arm. Kinda like a one armed mexican bandit which would have earnt him the AKA of "Fruit Machine" hahaha) and used a different actor for that part.

The Big Daddy character portrayal was the main let down for me personally, which is even more of a shame because Big Daddy was ALWAYS going to be the most predominant zombie throughout the entire movie.
    Last edited by Deadman_Deluxe; 14-Apr-2006 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    They never mention being displeased about Big Daddy. Romero seems pretty good with directing, so if he realized that the zombie roaring didn't work he would have told Clark to stop doing it. I think it suits sometimes, but must the damn zombie roar constantly?

Anyway, on the commentary they mention that it was difficult to find the good takes for Big Daddy because they weren't really sure what walk was "to human" and what was "to zombie", or something to that effect. It seemed to be a problem they all had during filming, deciding just how Big Daddy should walk. In the end, I don't think he ever really walks un-zombie like but he doesn't shamble as much as Bub did.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    In the end, I don't think he ever really walks un-zombie like but he doesn't shamble as much as Bub did.
    IMHO, he walks too much like a "stereotypical Hollywood zombie"; or, someone trying to imitate the "Karloff Frankenstien Monster Walk".

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I think he walks like a zombie with a goal. Especially in the scene where he first heads for Fiddler's Green. Great shot, by the way.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Pezhead and the cop in the packy were cool.

Banned User

United States
    I know monroezombie was a zombie extra in it. he made a cool zombie according to the photo he sent me. I have not picked him out of the movie yet. I wonder how married live is treating him

Undisclosed
    i must admit, when i first read the topic, i immediately thought of the chick.. number 9, as you guys refer to her.

Undisclosed
    #9 and the Simon Pegg zombie. 'Twas fun to see him on screen as a zombie himself. But, that sexy beast #9 is the only zombie keeping ol' Simon from being my only favorite.

And as for BD, he's not on my favorite list, but he is far from being on the "zombies I do not like" list.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    simon pegg zombie!!!

Undisclosed
    Big Daddy.

United States
    I got a kick out the butcher zombie. His enthusiasm was contagious.

TZ
    TexasZombie
    http://www.geocities.com/eviloverlord668/afmain.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/9327/main.html

That which does not destroy me has made a very grave tactical error...

United States
    I think the one with the gash in the forehead, to the right of Number 9 is cool myself.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo
    I think the one with the gash in the forehead, to the right of Number 9 is cool myself.

The ugly one?

j/k

Nice Make-up job there Lee. Pretty nasty. Looks pretty gruesome.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*