Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Were you dissapointed in RE the movie?

United States
    I got a kick out of it. I remember that I loved it at first, which is more than I can say for other zombie movies, but I think after having watched it so much, I kind of got tired of it. I watched it yesterday twice, since it was on, but didn't really pay attention to it.

I give RE1 a 7 out of 10 for zombies, Michelle Rodriguez/Milla Jovovich, and frickin laser beams.

I give RE2 a 0 out of a million because of the fight scenes, the running down a friggin wall, Nemesis not sticking his tentacles through anyone, and a movie unintentionally turned into a comedy with that one comedian guy in it.

Not to say I don't own them both on DVD...
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Neither of them were masterpieces, but what do you expect from a film based on a computer game? Milla Jovovich is hot though.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    that exactly my point, resi 2 and 3 is a totally over the top action game, yet when an action movie is based on it people think its a bit too "b movie"

Administrator

England
    To me, the resident evil movies always rank around the same level as NOTLD 30th anniversary edition, Contagium and ROTLD 3.

In short, movies that should never have been made.

The first resident evil is better than the second one, mildly, but their still both about as entertaining as playing with cowdung on a hot day. now let me clarify my point becuase im not going for the "their too actiony and their B movies" no their not, not at all... B movies are enjoyable in a weird way..

My problem with the resident evil movies is that Paul "every movie ive ever made flopped" Anderson took the name resident evil and said a big screw you all the fans of the games... disregarded all the facts laid down by the games and made his own crappy movie which on its own merit would get a 4 out of 10.. not bad but below average.. except a GAR script was rejected so that anderson's could be made, a fact which knocks it down to unbearable for me, everytime i watch it i think i could be watching.

The second resident evil takes what the first one did and magnifies it, not only does it diregard the games but it makes some feeble attempt to link in with the games, and by attempt i mean, it named some characters after characters in the games and that is it, plus giving milli jojojojojojojojojojovich special powers? per-lease

Umberella put a wall around the city? they let people out? nemesis was some kind of terminator wanna be.. they even took all the mystery away from the nemesis by trying to explain where he came from.. worse. movie. ever. fact

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ...the nemesis WAS a terminator wannabe.

Administrator

England
    The nemesis was a tyrant prototype.. NOT a machine NOT a cyborg, no-where in any of the games, novels or comics is it even hinted that the nemesis is a machine or part machine. never.

The movie made it out to be a terminator wannabe and im sure they used some recycled footage from terminator 3 when it showed what the nemesis was seeing

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the nemesis parasite was created by the french branch of umbrella, wesker "procured" one of the parasites and tried to get it to bond with lisa trevor form resident evil but it failed, it never specified who or what the second host was, only that it required the g virus to work, hence the blob mutation at the end of resi 3. There are still 4 nemesis parasites in the resi universe, so who knows, maybe theres a nemesis -plagas hybrid in resi 5?
    ...anyway point is the nemesis was created waaaaay after the tyrant program was created, which was the point of the t virus anyway.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    2 was better than 1 because of one thing JILL VALENTINE ( mini skirt, boots and guns , what a combination..)
    Haha, word. I remember loathing the release of this film because of how much the first movie damaged what the Biohazard games were all about, and totally ignored what has happened in the games, but I suppose this was to be expected with a movie based off a videogame.

When I saw the actress playing Jill in the trailer for the second film, I ignored the part of me that knew the film would be equally as horrible as the first, and knew that at the very least i'd be treated to some very nice eye candy
    Last edited by Loneshamber; 03-May-2007 at 04:43 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the nemesis parasite was created by the french branch of umbrella, wesker "procured" one of the parasites and tried to get it to bond with lisa trevor form resident evil but it failed, it never specified who or what the second host was, only that it required the g virus to work, hence the blob mutation at the end of resi 3. There are still 4 nemesis parasites in the resi universe, so who knows, maybe theres a nemesis -plagas hybrid in resi 5?
    ...anyway point is the nemesis was created waaaaay after the tyrant program was created, which was the point of the t virus anyway.
    ..And what part of all that says terminator wannabe to you?

I dont recall anything remotely similar happening in the terminator universe..

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the fact that he as programmed, albiet for all we knew only mentally in the games, to seek out and murder members of the special tactics and rescue squad, sounds terminator-ish to me, he doesnt sleep, he doesnt get tired, he doesnt stop till he gets you, werve i heard that before?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the fact that he as programmed, albiet for all we knew only mentally in the games, to seek out and murder members of the special tactics and rescue squad, sounds terminator-ish to me, he doesnt sleep, he doesnt get tired, he doesnt stop till he gets you, werve i heard that before?
    Again, its never said in the game that he's reprogrammed.. your guessing that.

As for the he dosn't sleep, dosn't get tired and dosn't stop til he gets what he wants, well neither do zombies.. does that mean terminator ripped off romero?

capncnut
    Resi fanboys, it's neverending.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if theres a few givens on this forum, like mz calling me jaded, or bitchin' about the finer points of mouse and keyboard over controller, or capn finding obscure youtube vids, then theres usually a like thing were every3 months were me and andy try to "outfanboy" each other.

but what else are forums for reallY?

United States
    Andy I kinda liked ROTLD3

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *looks at the flor adn shakes head in disspointement*