Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Issues with Dead Rising

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    The thing is, a game like Dead Rising I just want to pick up and play - it's a free-roaming stress buster, not some deep, rewarding piece-of-art. I just want to kill zombies in different fun ways within a mall setting. I don't have time in my life to spend ten minutes fighting my way back to a safe haven every time I want to stop playing.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    The thing is, a game like Dead Rising I just want to pick up and play - it's a free-roaming stress buster, not some deep, rewarding piece-of-art. I just want to kill zombies in different fun ways within a mall setting. I don't have time in my life to spend ten minutes fighting my way back to a safe haven every time I want to stop playing.
    I'm not trying to take that away from you, I enjoy that every now and then too. But ask yourself, if your just randomly killing and not out to accomplish anything, why do u need to save the game when your done? I don't..
    What I am saying is that a well thought through game has been made, with a good story and a couple of challenging stages and acheivements to earn and I'm also pointing out that it seems to be the same people who couldn't be assed with that who are whining and picking out flaws that people who have done the game properly don't think are a problem. DR is not a flawless game at all, but I honestly don't think the save system is a issue and it actually annoys me that people who piss and moan the story is too hard or there's no cheats that are the same people moaning about minor flaws in a great game.

Also, if it's taking you 10 minutes to get to a save point then your doing something wrong pal

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've only ever done the first two or three missions, and then specifically said "bugger that" so I could just kill zombies and explore. That's all I've done on Dead Rising
    So are you saying you've never seen the tunnels or the grocery market?!?! I hope that's not the case, cause those are my two favorite areas!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I'm not trying to take that away from you, I enjoy that every now and then too. But ask yourself, if your just randomly killing and not out to accomplish anything, why do u need to save the game when your done? I don't..
    What I am saying is that a well thought through game has been made, with a good story and a couple of challenging stages and acheivements to earn and I'm also pointing out that it seems to be the same people who couldn't be assed with that who are whining and picking out flaws that people who have done the game properly don't think are a problem. DR is not a flawless game at all, but I honestly don't think the save system is a issue and it actually annoys me that people who piss and moan the story is too hard or there's no cheats that are the same people moaning about minor flaws in a great game.

Also, if it's taking you 10 minutes to get to a save point then your doing something wrong pal

I want the pleasure of being able to just explore the mall, kill zombies and reload back at nearby location when I die, so my exploration can continue. I rented the game for four nights and I must have only explored about one fifth of the mall in that time - but that small area, I had to go through over and over and over. And I was so sick of the sight of it. Getting around started to feel like a chore, and a game like DR shouldn't feel like that. Perhaps it's because I just rented it. When you've only got a game for a short time, you want it to put out like a French harlot, not demand commitment while denying you pleasure like a prissy chastity queen. See what I mean?

United States
    It seems to me, those who played dead rising properly and got the most out of it had no problems with the save system or the cases or even the acheivements.
    i'm just mad that when i finally got around to doing the pp collector and transmissionary achievements, i didn't have my xbox connected to XBL, and when i got back online, i had to recover my profile and lost those LAST 2 achievements for the game.

i still have the mall employee outfit and hockey mask unlockables, but the achievements don't show up...which sucks cuz it's one of the few games i've got all achievements for...

and aside from the 7-day survivor achievement, they were all fun (some challenging ones required patience and youtube assistance) to get.

but yeah, the save system wasn't a big deal, IMO.

Super Moderator

UK
    I want the pleasure of being able to just explore the mall, kill zombies and reload back at nearby location when I die, so my exploration can continue. I rented the game for four nights and I must have only explored about one fifth of the mall in that time - but that small area, I had to go through over and over and over. And I was so sick of the sight of it. Getting around started to feel like a chore, and a game like DR shouldn't feel like that. Perhaps it's because I just rented it. When you've only got a game for a short time, you want it to put out like a French harlot, not demand commitment while denying you pleasure like a prissy chastity queen. See what I mean?
    Well said Kraken.

Games developers should provide a mode for every mood, every level of player ability, rather than being fascistic snobs that look down on people that just wanna have a bit of fun.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I agree with coin 100%, you youths of today have no sense of accomplishment at all.
    Dude I am 3 years older than you . and resident evil had a typewriter every ten or fifteen minutes to save with. i have no fear of a challenging game, a cheap method of making it seem challenging annoys me though.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    Dude I am 3 years older than you . and resident evil had a typewriter every ten or fifteen minutes to save with. i have no fear of a challenging game, a cheap method of making it seem challenging annoys me though.
    And with a save point in each section of the mall aswell as the security office/safe room your never further than 5 minutes away from a save point.

Sorry but i still dont see the difference and still think you guys are nitpicking.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    And with a save point in each section of the mall aswell as the security office/safe room your never further than 5 minutes away from a save point.

Sorry but i still dont see the difference and still think you guys are nitpicking.
    I only ever saw one in the security room and one in some public toilets.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the save system either.

TBH, I wasn't much of a fan of the game in general. The game lost it's appeal after only a few hours and I never finished. I just wasn't compelled to keep going....

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by octo7 View Post
    I only ever saw one in the security room and one in some public toilets.
    Security room.
    North Plaza, empty store near the gun store and in the hidden area that isabela takes you to.
    Wonderland plaza, Bathroom.
    Paradise Plaza, Bathroom.
    Al fresa plaza, Gym.
    Leisure Park, one of the lakes.
    Underground tunnels, back of a van near one of the entrances, i cant remember exactly which one.

The only area that dosnt have a save point is the food court, and how big is that?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the save system either.
    Seems like me, you and Octo are alone in this.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    seems perhaps i should have been paying more attention to the map

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Seems like me, you and Octo are alone in this.
    if they were more lenient in saving the timeframe wouldve become a moot point, but its different strokes for different folks, some people think left 4 dead is to frantic, i like dead rising fro what it was, it gave an illusion of post apocalyptic freedom when actually your a mouse in a lab, set to a time limit to find the cheese scattered about. it wasnt the freeroaming mmo romero world game everyone wants but theres nothing like it out so its got nothing to compete against.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    For me the game is just piss poor. Bottom line. Yay I killed a zombie with a machete, yay I killed one with a shopping trolley...that's only SO much fun, which is routinely destroyed by trapsing back and forth and back and forth trying to see everything that the game has to offer but never actually seeing anything because its too easy to miss shit.

then you realise you're almost weaponless in a built up area of zombies, so a save point becomes stupid because god forbid if you DO save there, you'll only wake back up with zero weapons and an onslaught of zombies that you can't break through - making their way into your "safe" save area.

Then the game takes a turn for the worse with the darker "under construction" part of the mall which is just sooooo annoying, having to traverse shitty scaffolding with barely a weapon to your name and one of the worst and most frustrating bosses in game history - the gun shop owner.

That's not even mentioning the clown on the fairground ride...I mean, wtf?? why is that even there? It's like all the shitty Dr Robotnik bosses x1000, repetitive moves, tiny timeframes to make an active hit, and a million deaths...over and over.

The photography element to it is a major pain simply because your aim system is swapped with a camera...and half the time I can't be bothered to take pics when I've got a swarm of zombies attacking me with half a baseball bat to defend myself...taking photos just gives them the chance to get closer.

Really didn't enjoy it, and just can't get into it.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.