Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geeeeeezus, what is with some people?!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Group mentality is one explanation that no doubt applies to some cases. But all you have to do is look around and see that dispicable acts of this nature are becoming far more prevalent among this age group in recent years. that explanation cannot account for them all.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Kazakhstan
    nazi germany was worse than this, the abuse & death of sylvia likens was too - both were made possible by everyday normal kinda people.

any society is 5 steps away from this kind of thing, and within the microcosm of a group dynamic, i think these things can happen really quickly.

you can tell yourself these were sallow eyed fiends who masturbated to horror movies in their bedrooms all day, but they probably werent, and that's what makes them dangerous - you wont see them creeping up on you because they don't resemble this boogeyman ideal in your head.

that's why the woman and her son agreed to help them, it's also probably why the parent of one of the kids is like "i cant imagine them doing this" - they really didnt seem like they would do that sort of thing.

read up on the mose depraved serial killers. 9 times out of 10 it's an unremarkable, sometimes amiable person - that's how they get away with it a lot of the time.

also, as i was saying, group mentality. a group is usually capable of things an individual is not - for better or worse.

so aye, keep your guard up
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    Was that fresh air i just smelled?

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

England
    Your right on the nazi germany part,& who fought the hardest for the nazi cause & continued killing allied soldiers even after hostilities had ended?thats right,14-16 year old indoctrinated kids....

United States
    What did i stutttttter or something? People are messed up in ways you can't imagine. I'm serious. YOU CANT IMAGINE. Nothing suprises me anymore and I look forward to using this news story as an example for an essay in psych class. These boys can't be rehabbed... they should be stoned to death. For the safety of everyone. And as for the one guys father saying he has no idea where his kids actions come from... bull crap.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Super Moderator

UK
    I think it's far too easy to just say "ach! the youth of today!" - I've been one of said youth at one point being decried by tabloids, but what was the worst I got up to? A little bit of alcohol, revving around town "lapping" in a mate's Nova in the middle of winter with the windows down playing loud music - being obnoxious basically.

Started swearing like a sailor at 8 years old when I attended my fourth primary school (due to constant moving of houses in my early years). First day there, I got the low down on "these are the swears you need to know", it was laughable when I think back, and we didn't know what they all meant.

Anyway, I was one of the good kids, never really did anything naughty, I didn't see the point, do as you'd have others do unto you and all that. Plus what would you rather have - compliments about how good you are, or constant berating about how much of a scumbag you are? Aye - former.

Every generation of teens is the devil in everyone else's eyes, things get a little more lax and a little more dangerous. Parents in general need to be more actively involved, but they don't because they're too selfish or too busy working to pay all their whopping Council Taxes. Drugs are much more common these days, generally the drugs on the sidelines of the Class A classics - heck, I turned on the news yesterday and there was a report about freaking LAUGHING GAS as a new drug of choice for cheap giggles. They showed a bunch of teens doing it from baloons and how it gets sold in night clubs ... f*cking crazy stuff. Of course, they're doing pure laughing gas, rather than the far safer stuff dentists use (which contains Oxygen in the mix, unlike the stuff being used recreationally).

I think people in general don't give teens enough credit, they're still far too young to vote, they're still idiots - I was a bit of an obnoxious idiot when I look back, in fact I often cringe at certain ways I thought about things, or things I said at the time - the important fact is I changed those things as I grew up and figured more things out.

That's a key thing with teens, you're figuring things out, you're on the march towards adulthood, so it's obnoxious-city.

And of course, sickening cases like these get all the press time, these are the stories which shout the loudest and the stories that most people hear - therefore as everybody's heard it, then oh that means all teens are like this, but they really aren't. They not much different from when I was a teen, or you guys were teens.

There's always bad kids, but what they do to be bad increases up the scale, meanwhile the good kids remain good - but these days they're more likely to dabble in things that (quite a bit back in the day) would have been considered the stuff of motorbike riding rebels - like *gasps in horror* smoking weed.

In terms of drugs, there needs to be frank education, tell kids what they're in for and what the side effects are. I've seen much mis-education or just flat-out not knowing what's-what.

And totally - the really bad things come from those you least expect it. Heck ... (not that it's anywhere near the same league) ... when I was at uni, one of our housemates had been educated independently, yet he and his friends had done just about every drug under the sun bar the really nasty stuff like meth and heroin. At least a couple of his friends ended up on anti-depressants due to over-use of weed with psychosis issues - and that'll have come about from misinformation/not knowing.

So to wrap this rant up, teens today in general are subject to more naughty things that those of yesteryear, but teens in general haven't changed that much, certainly not since we were teens.

It's interesting to watch short films made by people who are a few years younger than me, particularly those who were a few years below me at high school, kids I didn't know and just assumed to be worse than I (forgetting my own obnoxious years as a teen), but watching them and hearing their stories and seeing their social interplay - it's just the same as me and my mates, they even have the same humour. One of the films I watched (made by a friend of the brother of my mate Ben) and it was all about a spirit who stole people's bollocks.

As for the kids in the story ... f*cking freaks of nature, the highly uncommon event that is shouted the loudest.

England
    It didnt say what colour the kids who did that crime were,without beating around the bush it always seems to be black youths who are involved when it comes to gang rapes,they are like a pack of wild dogs when it comes to things like that!
    And no im not calling all black people rapists blah blah blah,just pointing out that gang rape seems to be a very black crime

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, it's kind scary how frequently a black person is involved (both victim and persecutor) with these knife/gun crimes all over the news constantly. Indicative of both culture and social circumstances really.

Oddly enough, I just assumed they were white in that link...perhaps they were...not really "black sounding" names...though it took place "in the projects", so you just kinda assume there'll be a majority of ethnic minorities living there, but who knows really, I've no idea of the Florida ethnic make up.

It's a real shame that such an issue is made out of criminals being black on the news though, it's not the skin colour doing the killing, it's the broken community and the culture of depression and crime bred amongst the citizens in these areas, irrespective of skin colour (not aiming this part at you Tricky) ... it's the impression the news peddles quite often.

Greater crime in poorer areas, if in these areas there are high percentages of black people, then it's more likely to be a black person - but again, it's not the colour, it's the social circumstances breeding the crime. We're all people in the end of the day.

Different social strata, different crimes...although sometimes you get bleed over between strata (e.g. gang rape in high society or fraud in the underclass), but I'd imagine there's most likely a higher percentage of violent crime the further down the strata you go, and the higher up you go (as the money increases) the more likely you'll come across things like fraud and figure fiddling - but then also, with loads of money and a weak soul comes the sins of power, so you get really horrid things like human trafficking (handled by the lower-downs, used by the higher-ups) ... perhaps even things like you see in "Hostel" - who knows? It's not impossible by far.

Right, I'm off to watch Top Gear and be all warm and fuzzy again.

United States
    I think teens have changed in the sense that all moral values are pretty much gone from todays teens regardless of where they grow up or where they go to school. Possibly due to lack of influence from two working parents or two parents who are too busy enjoying life and unable to actually
    'parent' ... its like a person I know just referred to herself as being 'blessed' with another child... its not a blessing when you stop using birth control because you think you're not going to get pregnant again. And now she's going to have two children she can't afford instead of one.

Teens today are giving birth to teens and its going to cause a tremendous amount of strife in that household and lead to a variety of bad behaviors and of course the repitition of the cycle.

The type of behavior exhibited in this instance certainly isn't indicative of the type of behavior from poor neighborhoods... at least as far as the gang rape scene goes. Personally I see that among men/boys in the higher eschelons of society who want to put certain women in their place. Because this crime involved her son the perpetrators of the crime could well have known her child and felt she was a MILF... kinda why i'm offended by the discovery of the whole MILF scenario especially because when I was a teenager and guys discovered my mom it was embarassing that they'd want to spend time at my house and say horrible sexual remarks about her.

Obviously the whole 'i have a flat tire' thing must've been well planned and thought out by these kids who were preying on her willingness to help out someone. Additionally it bolsters the idea that her son knew the boys and that was why he joined her as she went to help them and why she would help them. He was prolly very disliked in his school and the perps wanted to humiliate him in the most ultimate way that he will never overcome. If that was the case the boys could well have been part of a group he wanted to join in school and that's why he and his mum helped perhaps because he thought by helping them he could have his 'in' with them.

I'm anxious to see how this story develops.

Well just as a tip for you tricky and for all the male posters here i've known several groups of people who have gang raped someone I know and in every case it was white men...

I even had a stalker once tell me he was going to get his pals together and give me the ol prison once-over... he was white ...

Matter of fact when this guy i went to hs was broom banged by the wrestling team they were all white...

I'm sure there's people from all woks of life who do that...
    Last edited by MissJacksonCA; 07-Jul-2007 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Kazakhstan
    do me a lemon tricky!

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Greater crime in poorer areas, if in these areas there are high percentages of black people, then it's more likely to be a black person - but again, it's not the colour, it's the social circumstances breeding the crime. We're all people in the end of the day.
    MZ has it nailed there.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ what he said, no ones born a killer or a rapist or a pedophile, its your surroundings and the way your brought up by the people around you that does it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ^ what he said, no ones born a killer or a rapist or a pedophile, its your surroundings and the way your brought up by the people around you that does it.
    It depends on your point of view on the nature nurture debate. If you say that no one is born a certain way, how do we really know that. By the same logic no one is born gay and therefore can be "treated." I believe that some people are just born gay and can't help the things that they fell, it's natural to them. By that same token you'd have to think that there are other things that people are boen with, like being psychos. You'd have to admit that we are born with certain instincts, so that goes to say that there is certain knowledge and propensities that we are born with. We are not a clean slate at birth. Not to say that nurture doesn't have alot to do with it, but it's only 1 factor in the how someone turns out.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    It depends on your point of view on the nature nurture debate. If you say that no one is born a certain way, how do we really know that. By the same logic no one is born gay and therefore can be "treated." I believe that some people are just born gay and can't help the things that they fell, it's natural to them. By that same token you'd have to think that there are other things that people are boen with, like being psychos. You'd have to admit that we are born with certain instincts, so that goes to say that there is certain knowledge and propensities that we are born with. We are not a clean slate at birth. Not to say that nurture doesn't have alot to do with it, but it's only 1 factor in the how someone turns out.
    research shows that homosexuality has something to do with how stressed the mother is while pregnant. weird eh

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    research shows that homosexuality has something to do with how stressed the mother is while pregnant. weird eh
    It's not so much wierd as informative. I'm never suprised about the things that we continue to find out about the human body and it's development and there's still a ways to go. Alas, we might never understand why people act the way they do.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    There are some things that are worth dying for and that's one of them imo. They would have had to kill me before i did that.
    Easy to say because you werent in that situation. First the Kid was TWELVE. Thats a child. HE had a gun to his head and just saw 10 masked guys beating the crap out of and ganging his mom and probably kicking his ass too. They probably threatened to kill HER if he didnt. And look what they did to him after! I doubt he just said "ok". And you knows Moms, they will do anything to protect the life of their kid.

People can say "I wouldve this and that" but thats monday morning quarterbacking. That situation is so horrific that no one could say what they would or wouldnt do. I have heard a lot of "tough" dudes talk crap and when push come to shove they pussed out. Its all hypothetical until it happens.

You are taking that poor child out of the class of victim and thats just wrong.

I wish I didnt read that story. That was nauseating.

btw,
    Crime stats go up and down depending on economic situations at certain periods but Sex crimes remain basically the same.
    It may be upbringing and sociatal pressures but I was exposed to violence and never hurt anyone that didnt have it coming. But that may be a reaction as well.

When I was a teen from 1980-88 there were evil kids doing evil stuff. Its not so different there is just more reporting of it and WAY more graphic detail. They used to leave out most gory details.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Well just as a tip for you tricky and for all the male posters here i've known several groups of people who have gang raped someone I know and in every case it was white men... ..
    That depends on circumstance. If you know mostly white people who know mostly white people and most sex crimes are done by people you know it would make sense. I don't think any group has a monopoly on it.
    Last edited by coma; 07-Jul-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers