Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Son of a b*tch! 360 tv cable...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I think it's worth pointing out that me and a whole number of folks haven't experienced the red ring once from launch.
    Yeah,I haven't experienced the red ring either.Knock on wood.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    To be fair i think both consoles have their merits,its a bit like back in the early 90's when the SNES & megadrive were both on the market,they were both good in their own right & both had their own exclusives as well as sharing a lot of titles.I ended up owning both consoles because i loved games on both of them (donkey kong country & mario world were prime reasons for me getting a snes too).
    The PS3 is coming into its own now though i think,im starting to see the PS3 shelf in most games stores expanding!i know people who are on their 3rd or 4th xbox due to this red ring of death thing,that alone is enough to put me off buying one im afraid
    Difference between Snes and Megadrive & Ps3 and Xbox is that the Snes and megadrive both made money....ps3 isn't really doing anything....it's hardly even marketed...it's a dud, and this is coming from someone who owns both machines.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    Yeah,I haven't experienced the red ring either.Knock on wood.
    I've not had Red Ring either ... although I did have a total image failure so it had to be fixed, but still.

The thing with the Red Ring though, is that those who have it - shout about it - and rightly so. But you never hear being shouting and raving about something working, because it's expected, and they're happy.

SNES and Mega Drive both had a wide range of titles though - PS3 has bugger all titles, and about two exclusives. A variety of titles that were Sony exclusives/firsts are now coming out on 360 at the same time - no doubt for two reasons:

1) PS3 isn't shifting.
    2) The cost of development is so high that multi-platform (at least two platforms anyway) is more and more common.

You know what they could do with doing? Up the amount of cross-platform games that INCLUDE the PC, considering the fact that all these console games are made on PCs in the first place.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, Mason (my Xbox360) hasn't Red Ringed ... but it has had to go in for repair once since I got it. / Fingers crossed I have no more problems with it!

Indeed.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    I've had one xbox360 red ring of death....it was about 3 years old and for about 8 months it was kept on a carpet which I attribute to the overheating. I got a replacement in about a month, and it was much much quieter which I really appreciated...it was like a hoover in the early days.

Anyway I traded all that in for an elite because I wanted the HDMI connection, and BOY am I glad I did!!!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    A variety of titles that were Sony exclusives/firsts are now coming out on 360 at the same time - no doubt for two reasons:

1) PS3 isn't shifting.
    2) The cost of development is so high that multi-platform (at least two platforms anyway) is more and more common.

Maybe the case 12 months ago, but check your facts again MZ, the PS3 is actually outselling the 360 now

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Maybe the case 12 months ago, but check your facts again MZ, the PS3 is actually outselling the 360 now
    Yup, but how many traded PS3's are there sitting on the shelves of GameStation gathering dust?

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    the cynic in me attributes this to the release of MGS4....it won't last... haha

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've not had Red Ring either ... although I did have a total image failure so it had to be fixed, but still.
    That's still a failed console... red ring or not, it should NOT happen.

I'm on my 3rd 360; the first two consoles failed so fast. One in like 4 months and the other in like 5. I've had this one for like 10 months now, though... so hopefully it won't die on me.

United States
    While it's true that the PS3 has sold about 300k more than 360 this year, it's still 6 million units behind 360, and about 10 million units behind Wii.

Last month 360 sold about 10k more than PS3, and with the recent price drop to $199, I think it's fair to say that Microsoft has a more than fair chance of outselling PS3 this year. $199 has always been the sweet spot for the mass market, and during the last three months of the year is when most hardware is sold. I just don't see PS3 outperforming anybody when their console is still $400.

Add to that the fact that multiplatform software always sells more on 360 (GTA4 sold twice as much), and exclusive software on PS3 is extremely front-loaded (Metal Gear Solid 4 was the #1 selling game for June, and was out of the top 10 the next month), there just isn't much to be excited for with Sony's system. Just ask yourself this: this Fall, would you rather play LittleBigPlanet and Resistance 2, or Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Command and Conquer Red Alert 3 and Left 4 Dead? (Man, that's a lot of sequels!)

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn View Post
    (Man, that's a lot of sequels!)

Gaming is the only entertainment medium where things generally improve with sequels, and spin offs...and the consumer loves it...

Funny when compared to movies, where every sequel is met with a *sigh* by movie-goers and spin offs and the like generally fall flat on their face after a few attempts.

Case in point: Final Fantasy 12 vs Freddy vs Jason....

haha

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    If you're still using the S-video connections, dude...buy a HDTV...!!!!
    Maybe one day when they're a resonable price....

I broke down and bought a cord. In walmart of all places. I didn't think they had stuff like that. Works good now....so I guess somehow the yellow wire broke but the other three didn't?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Maybe one day when they're a resonable price....

I broke down and bought a cord. In walmart of all places. I didn't think they had stuff like that. Works good now....so I guess somehow the yellow wire broke but the other three didn't?
    Glad that solved your problem dude.

That said, I've had a bunch of cables break on me recently, or go wiggy thus rendering what they're attached to useless.

My laptop power lead went, my cool 5 button infrared mouse went ... possibly it was the left button instead, but who knows...and there's been other cables going wiggy ... damn cables...but I can't be doing with that wireless sh*te.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    its also worth noting that while the 360 has better textures and more realistic graphics, (best case is any wrestling game where the fabrics look real)

the game play is crappy and thats where sony wins. so i guess they both corner 50% of the market and lose the other half

Super Moderator

UK
    Surely gameplay is on a per-game basis?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    That's still a failed console... red ring or not, it should NOT happen.

I'm on my 3rd 360; the first two consoles failed so fast. One in like 4 months and the other in like 5. I've had this one for like 10 months now, though... so hopefully it won't die on me.

agreed, i've only seen one case of a ps3 dying

Surely gameplay is on a per-game basis?
    not from what ive seen at all. i'd always look on in amazement at the 360 games and their very realistic textures and then when i look at the ps2 and 3 its like they're muted or even just made to look fake. but the gameplay is far superior there on sony sytems
    Last edited by acealive1; 21-Sep-2008 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost