Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Underated horror movies

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I think that it is much more than a "horror" movie, but that would be the easiest way to categorize it (and that it how it is in fact categorized) and that movie would be
    "Triangle". I am shocked that it doesnt have a higher rating on imdb, but I give it my strongest recommendation.

And although it is not a zombie film at all, I rank "Triangle" as my second favorite movie of all time, behind GAR's Dawn of the Dead.
    Really? I haven't seen it, but I saw it was on one of the Showtime channels. I figured that it probably sucked, but I'll give 'er...
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

I'm not a huge horror fan, but Night of the Creeps and The Omega Man come to mind. NOC is cheesy as all hell, but it's fun and has some creepy moments. I mention TOM because I often bring it up while people are discussing Will Smith's I Am Legend and they have no idea that the story has been filmed before. Three times, actually. Heston's is the best, imo.
    About time someone else gives NOTC some love. I've been pushing it for eons, with not many takers. And heck yeah, Omega Man.
    Will Smith can suck it.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Purge View Post
    Superstition.

Right on. I should have remembered to include this. Finally got this on DVD a few months back. The price on this movie is actually down right now, for whatever reason, so you all should jump on it!

I'd like to add Stir Of Echoes to my list, as well.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What about HOUSE (1986)

Fright Night (1985)

The People Under The Stairs (1992)
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    The Car (1977)

Duel (1971)

Last edited by Eyebiter; 17-Jan-2012 at 10:06 PM. Reason: .

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the Gorgon. Hammer flick from 1964. cushing, lee, etc. it is a bit creaky by today's standards but still great.

Burnt Offerings from 1976. an oliver reed haunted house flick.

Captain Kronos: Vampire Hunter. one of the last Hammer flicks. if you haven't seen this one, do us all a favor and throw yourself from a bridge.

Vampire. a 1979 movie starring jason miller, richard lynch and E.G. Marshall. hard to find but worth the search.

-- -------- Post added at 12:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    About time someone else gives NOTC some love. I've been pushing it for eons, with not many takers. And heck yeah, Omega Man.
    Will Smith can suck it.
    Night of the Creeps is an awesome movie. cheesy? yes. buried deep in 80s idiocy? yes. but it is still a fun movie. the haters can suck a dick on this one.
    Last edited by Mike70; 18-Jan-2012 at 04:33 PM. Reason: g
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Night of the creeps isn't underated. Everyone who loves the genre holds it in high esteem. As they should.
    Other Hammer goodness: the devil rides out and the plague of the zombies.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    What about HOUSE (1986)

The People Under The Stairs (1992)
    Deej - I believe the title of the thread mentioned "horror" movies, not "unintentional comedies"

I will, however, have to give kudos to ya for Fright Night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    Night of the Creeps is an awesome movie. cheesy? yes. buried deep in 80s idiocy? yes. but it is still a fun movie. the haters can suck a dick on this one.
    ^ This.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 18-Jan-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Night of the Bacon

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I too thought The People Under The Stairs was ridiculous in the worst of ways. My wife loves it and recently made me sit down to watch it for the second time since it's release.....yup.....still awful.

Ireland
    'Horror Express' (1972)

'Creep' (2004)
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Deej - I believe the title of the thread mentioned "horror" movies, not "unintentional comedies"

I will, however, have to give kudos to ya for Fright Night.
    No offense, but if you knock House you're not a true horror fan! All of the comedy in it was completely intentional, too. C'mon!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    No offense, but if you knock House you're not a true horror fan! All of the comedy in it was completely intentional, too. C'mon!
    There was no knock of House whatsoever - I love that movie! And while I realize the comedy was indeed intentional, who can resist the temptation to poke Dj with a stick? Certainly not I.

Being Attacked

UK
    having watched 'city of the living dead' last night im gonna add it to my list, because i hear alot of negativity, but i thought it was a very well shot and made horror movie, and i now cannot wait to see 'the beyond'

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    'Horror Express' (1972)
    peter cushing's character (very indignantly): "one of us the monster?! We're British, you know."
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by daz of the dead View Post
    having watched 'city of the living dead' last night im gonna add it to my list, because i hear alot of negativity, but i thought it was a very well shot and made horror movie, and i now cannot wait to see 'the beyond'
    City... had little plot but great gore and a good soundtrack (pretty much the case for all of Fulci's films). The Beyond is his best. See Zombie if you haven't already, too.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    peter cushing's character (very indignantly): "one of us the monster?! We're British, you know."
    My favorite line in the whole show. Peter Cushing, Chris Lee and Tele Savalas....you can't beat that.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....