Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: before i go...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    didn't the word "colored" go out in the late sixties? interesting choice of words but shouldn't really cause a big stink.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Ive been trying to find the actual strip, but I can find it anywhere dammit. But this whole situation can be easily debunked by an old Bloom County strip. I can't find the strip but here is the dialouge from it:

Mom: That's the most adorable little colored girl playing outside. Steve: "Colored"?!? You're saying "colored people" in 1988?!? You know better, Ma. Mom: Then why the "National Association for the Advancement of Colored People? I don't think Negroes mind at all. Steve: Don't say "Negroes," Ma! You can't say "Negroes"! Mom: Can I say "United Negro College Fund"? Steve: You're baiting me, Ma! Dad: That's it! We're leaving. Mom: Stay put, Reginald. "Mister Socially Sensitive" isn't finished shaming his parents into enlightenment. Steve: Everybody just calm down. Let's agree to use the the New-Age term "People of Color." Mom: People of Color? Steve: People of Color. Mom: . . . Colored people. Steve: NO!!! Dad: We're leaving!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    What I meant to say/should have said was "a lot of people in the media and blogosphere.".
    Who? Who? Whooooooooooo????

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    This is just bull**** - the term "coloured" isn't offensive here but it's not used because it's ridiculous....what she said wasn't racist because she wasn't applying it in a negative context.

Don't rag on the left either. This thread is descending into the very thing it's trying to ridicule.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    NEW YORK – Lindsay Lohan referred to President-elect Barack Obama as the country's "first colored president" in an interview on "Access Hollywood."

Describing her experience on Election Day, Lohan said: "It was really exciting. It's an amazing feeling. It's our first colored president."

A spokeswoman for Lohan didn't immediately return messages left Wednesday.

Interviewer Maria Menounos didn't question the 22-year-old actress on her use of the term. "Access Hollywood" also didn't cite her remark in its online story, but did post an "extended interview" video on its Web site that included the remark.

A spokesman for the syndicated entertainment news program said in a statement Wednesday: "We believe the word in question that Ms. Lohan used was unintelligible."

Lohan blogged about her support of Obama during the presidential campaign.
    Speaking of firsts, Lohan is the first skank that many think is hot for some reason.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Its another example of blacks using a double standard. They're infamous for that.
    Are you kidding?

Anyway, I can't see the big deal. It's not news that she is a dumbass but she obviously meant well, she just used an outdated expression.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Christmas Island
    Just another example of the weasel corporate media squeezing controversy out of nothing. Get those little folk riled up over nonsense. God forbid they get angry over what's really farking them up the ass.

Norway
    But are not you doing the same thing? You are getting angry over someone getting angry over something they should not be angry about when its not clear that anyone got angry in the first place so its little point in getting angry about it.

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    But are not you doing the same thing? You are getting angry over someone getting angry over something they should not be angry about when its not clear that anyone got angry in the first place so its little point in getting angry about it.
    Well all I can say is that it's is a good thing I don't have any loaded guns at home. I would bankrupt myself over all the TVs I'd have to buy after shooting them.

United States
    Sure, Lohan is a skanky retard, and certainly she did not mean any offense by using this outdated term. Her use of the term "colored" points more towards her being a low grade moron than a racist.

But that being said, I can understand if people find the term "colored" to be offensive. It used to be acceptable for blacks to be called "niggers" in the United States, and I am sure that most of you can understand why that term is considered to be highly offensive to black folks now.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Sure, Lohan is a skanky retard, and certainly she did not mean any offense by using this outdated term. Her use of the term "colored" points more towards her being a low grade moron than a racist.
    Before she uses the term 'coloured' she should look at all those upskirt pics of her crawling out of limo's with no underwear on and then work out what 'colour' her snatch is. Rotten.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Before she uses the term 'coloured' she should look at all those upskirt pics of her crawling out of limo's with no underwear on and then work out what 'colour' her snatch is. Rotten.
    Ick. I was eating a grilled ham and cheese when I read that

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Are you kidding?
    Nope. I know plently of blacks who do not cared to be referred to as colored. Yet, NAACP has the word Colored. I have also heard them on countless occations call each other a certain racist word, which some claim ownership to. But if I say it, regardless of how I used it, then there will be a fight.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I hadn't thought of that! Kinda gross, and kind of funny at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Nope. I know plently of blacks who do not cared to be referred to as colored. Yet, NAACP has the word Colored. I have also heard them on countless occations call each other a certain racist word, which some claim ownership to. But if I say it, regardless of how I used it, then there will be a fight.
    I hear where you are coming from. For instance, I know that in the UK the term "Jap" is not as racially charged as it is here in the states for Japanese Americans, yet among Japanese Americans (I am one) I often times hear the term "Jap" used amongst our own group. But once, a friend from the UK told me that although she does not mean offense when he says "Jap" the fact that others take offense is enough to cause her to stop using that term - at least in front of Japanese Americans who are touchy about it. She explained that while it might be hypocritical of the Japanese Americans to take offense at her innocent use of the term while they freely use it among their ethinic peer group, the fact that it causes offense when she uses it causes her to not use it, specifically because she means no offense. So in that regard, I can dig that it is not ok for me to say "Colored" though among african americans it might be acceptable for them to refer to themselves as that. For me it is not a matter of being politically correct, just a matter of not wanting to inadvertently cause offense to be taken where none is meant.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 20-Nov-2008 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."