Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Requesting your Input

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I am requesting a reality check from you all. So did I step over the line?
    Not at all. Sounds like you were polite & courteous 100% of the way. We seem to have had a rash of new arrivals in the past few who are a bit...overly sensitive to but it mildly....

And here I was prepared to come into the thread all smart assed since you "requested my input"

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Ugggh...this is ridiculous.

You stalk some stranger and not me, Yo?! NOT me?!

I thought I'd earned a little stalking...maybe a shrine in your basement or something. I don't know. A little recognition. I'm not asking for you to stand outside my window with a boom box over your head or anything, ya know?
    Well he did "request your input"

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    i'm pretty sure who it is too and i have three things to say: fuck him. keep your shitty stuff off this forum. take it to fucking ebay where someone might actually give a shit.

So don't hold back now...how do you really feel about this?
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 07-May-2009 at 05:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United Kingdom

Noob giving input

Hay, I know im new here, and I don’t know anybody that well on this forum and I haven’t read the post’s/pm’s/emails, so im not going to start spouting “you go bro!” or “no way dude, you were totally in the right”. But ill comment on what you (Yojimbo) originally posted.

Every forum iv been a member of has considered the type of post’s created for the sole reason of self advertisement without any input to the threads/forum as spam, and each of said forums has encouraged your ‘average Joe’ to politely speak up when they see this happening. As long as it don’t lead down to a flame war then I don’t seen any issue with inviting others to become a more ‘productive’ member of the forum, and, judging by other members post’s in this thread (and the Admin’s) you were in no way out of line. It’s a bummer that you felt you had caused another member to feel ‘harassed’ when in actuality you had there interest (and the forums) in mind, but again, looking at other reactions in this thread it’s clear that you did no wrong.

Just my input
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    you want to just come here, to a site thats more of a community than 10,000 retards spewing verbal diarrhea at once...
    I'm no stranger to those places and get quite a chuckle looking at the endless list of moderators names on the front page, while the place is technically unmodded.

I was just on one forum like twenty minutes ago and some retard (probably like twelve or something) said the following to a mod with no action taken thus far: "Yuo f**kin' faggit, I knwo wear yuo liv. I'm gonna chup yur legs off, yuo c**t. Just yuo wate, yur ded."

You gotta laugh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    "Yuo f**kin' faggit, I knwo wear yuo liv. I'm gonna chup yur legs off, yuo c**t. Just yuo wate, yur ded."

You gotta laugh.
    and shake your head at the same time when a person cannot spell the word "you" or "wait" correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post

So don't hold back now...how do you really feel about this?
    hey, i'm like an umpire - i just call it how i see it (through my own cynical world view of course).

i'm a bit jealous of jimbo (not because of his movie star looks and the fact that he is so fucking suave), i always call out of folks that do this sort of thing, report their posts, call them spammers, etc. where's my stalker??

we really need a crybaby smiley.
    Last edited by Mike70; 07-May-2009 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    not sure who your on about this time but ive commented on certain people who post only to advertise there crap and ive never thought ive gone over the line, you want to just come here, to a site thats more of a community than 10,000 retards spewing verbal diarrhea at once tring to be heard like gametrailers and advertise your book or film or something but not even reply to anything besides "how can i give you money for this" then i say its fair to call them out on it as long as its not khardis style "I AM RIGHT YOU SHOULD BE SHOT" flaming.
    Nice to see you again, brother Hellsing! Missed you there for a while. Thanks for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Not at all. Sounds like you were polite & courteous 100% of the way. We seem to have had a rash of new arrivals in the past few who are a bit...overly sensitive to but it mildly....
    Moon, thanks brother for your backup.

I do think that it takes a while for newer folks to gauge the temperature, so to speak, of these boards - and sometimes things that are said innocently or in a friendly or joking manner are taken the wrong way. If I intend to offend someone, then I expect some backlash, but in a way I think that I failed on some level to properly communicate my message if someone reads my post and gets offended when this was not my intent.

Thanks again, Moon - you Rule!

Quote Originally Posted by Dachan-da View Post
    Hay, I know im new here, and I don’t know anybody that well on this forum and I haven’t read the post’s/pm’s/emails, so im not going to start spouting “you go bro!” or “no way dude, you were totally in the right”. But ill comment on what you (Yojimbo) originally posted.

Every forum iv been a member of has considered the type of post’s created for the sole reason of self advertisement without any input to the threads/forum as spam, and each of said forums has encouraged your ‘average Joe’ to politely speak up when they see this happening. As long as it don’t lead down to a flame war then I don’t seen any issue with inviting others to become a more ‘productive’ member of the forum, and, judging by other members post’s in this thread (and the Admin’s) you were in no way out of line. It’s a bummer that you felt you had caused another member to feel ‘harassed’ when in actuality you had there interest (and the forums) in mind, but again, looking at other reactions in this thread it’s clear that you did no wrong.

Just my input
    Thanks Dachan, and welcome again to the hood. The rules here are simliar to the rules elsewhere, but I daresay you would be hard placed to find a cooler group of freaks and nerds elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I'm no stranger to those places and get quite a chuckle looking at the endless list of moderators names on the front page, while the place is technically unmodded.
    My site's mods can beat up your mod's dad!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 07-May-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I do think that it takes a while for newer folks to gauge the temperature, so to speak, of these boards - and sometimes things that are said innocently or in a friendly or joking manner are taken the wrong way.
    Mmmm...that's a good point. I've seen some fairly innocuous comments mis-interpreted & quickly spiral out of control. But considering that your posts are always very well composed & thought out, I can't see that being the case here.

we really need a crybaby smiley.
    Just for you:

Last edited by MoonSylver; 08-May-2009 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    My site's mods can beat up your mod's dad!
    i'll put a £100 down on the tag team combination of the capn and axlish against any two mods from another site. they could call themselves capn krunch and axlish the annihilator.
    Last edited by Mike70; 08-May-2009 at 12:19 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Yo, it doesn't really matter in the least man. You are the picture of civility, this guy just got upset that you trumped his free advertising. Whatever. Officially it is indeed spamming, so he was in the wrong to begin with. I don't really mind zombie related material advertising here as long as it's from someone that has posted sometime before with actual human thought. But to just jump in to make a quick buck is skeevy. Screw him.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yo, it doesn't really matter in the least man. You are the picture of civility, this guy just got upset that you trumped his free advertising. Whatever. Officially it is indeed spamming, so he was in the wrong to begin with. I don't really mind zombie related material advertising here as long as it's from someone that has posted sometime before with actual human thought. But to just jump in to make a quick buck is skeevy. Screw him.
    Thanks clang!

I'm sure that some of my comments may have pushed the limits of civility from time to time but I am certain that this was not the case this time. But that being said, I do know that - even if the poster in question doesn't agree - that these posts were spam by definition, albeit spam concerning a zombie related product which in some sense makes it forgivable.

My main issue was - as you and others have pointed out - was using our boards like a pimp would use a whore: all about making money, self-promotion, with little concern about means and method.

In the end - to take the urban street metaphor a bit further: this is our neighborhood and we live here. You are welcome to visit, and even welcome to stay and even join with us - but only if you show respect for our street and those of us who call it home. And should you conduct yourself in a manner which goes against the code of honor that binds all of us together you should certainly not be surprised if someone calls you out.

Peace Clang - you rule nearly as much if not more than The Pixes!

i'll put a £100 down on the tag team combination of the capn and axlish against any two mods from another site. they could call themselves capn krunch and axlish the annihilator.

I'll match that bet AND give points to anyone who wants to bet against them!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 08-May-2009 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    My main issue was - as you and others have pointed out - was using our boards like a pimp would use a whore...
    In the end - to take the urban street metaphor a bit further: this is our neighborhood and we live here.
    Yo, he gonna roll up in MY hood & be pimpin'?!?!?!

capncnut
    Only as long as I can use my Nunchaku...

...I'm getting Sam Seed vibes that Axl has similar weapons too.

United States
    I think we need to rename this thread 'Showin' Yojimbo the love'...

United States
    don't give him any ideas, or we could end up with another "alive man appreciation thread" on our hands here.

j/k jimmy-boy

United States
    Update: I received another PM from the OP of the Spam that was very polite and apologetic in content. The poster stated that he felt that an apology was owed for his conduct. He explained that at the time of his PM he was not aware that behavior of this type was frowned upon and that had he known about this he would not have made these posts and been so self righteous about them in his PM. He further said that he is intending to participate in the forums and will not post commerical announcements until then.

I like to think that he came to this change of heart on his own and not as a result of viewing this thread, but as far as I am concerned he, like anyone else is welcome to post here as long as he intends to be cool.

Peace everyone, and thanks again for your backup and very kind thoughts. I owe all my friends here a great debt and pledge to be there for all of you like you were for me.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Nah fuck it, keep the adverts off this board - sorry - even if it is for Romero or zed based products, I find it far less offensive that one of us discover it through mailing lists or us actually making the effort to seek out a particular product or service, than someone coming here using a community forum as some sort of backpage newspaper advertising space for their product. Maybe in the future if I am in a similar boat I may find myself being a hypocrite, but I generally believe at this moment in time that advertising your product on a webboard is slightly disrespectful to the members as it's obviously JUST the financial incentive that is keeping that person here.

It's like ticket touting really.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.