Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

United States
    add me to the list of those who were very pleased with el camino. i thought it was a bit slower-paced at times than i anticipated, but picked up at the end when it really had to. i was also glad to see so many familiar faces whether from the current time setting or the numerous flashbacks. it did seems to have a slightly different vibe from the main series or better call saul, but given how much they had to incorporate the flashbacks in to tell the story, it was all good in my book.

very eye-opening to see how awful things were for jesse while he was held captive, as the main series mainly stuck with walt after everything went down in the desert so it was interesting to see just how bad uncle jack's gang fucked with poor jesse. i felt el camino was a very satisfying and fitting end to his tale, hopefully the character finds peace and moves on with his new life in alaska.

the only thing that took me out of it was the amount of weight some of the actors have gained since breaking bad ended, sort of breaks up the continuity if you know what i mean. and i really think they could have found a better title since jesse essentially ditched the el camino within hours of leaving jack's compound.

now i hope we get two more stellar seasons of better call saul and they have some resolution for saul, as the glimpses of saul's current life as gene seem to be building towards some sort of a climax or something happening to allow his past to catch up with him or him to make peace with it at least. after that, i really hope they leave the breaking bad universe and let it be.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I’d also thought about the title car being ditched fairly early on, but given the final flashback with Jane telling Jesse to make his own path, El Camino meaning “the way”, and Jesse once again hitting the road, this time in Alaska and with a smile on his face, I assumed the title was meant to have a deeper meaning?

United States
    ^

huh. never knew that's what "el camino" meant. makes perfect sense now, disregard what i said earlier. thanks for the insight, bass!

Super Moderator

UK
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU8SgjZRPxA

Some behind the scenes stuff.