Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: While we're on the subject of rotting corpses, let's discuss the PS3...

England
    I imagine there will be a lot of 360's on ebay when the ps3 drops,microsoft are bathing in the glory at the moment,& they've got a good headstart,but sony will come up with the goods again
    If i want to play microsoft games (which i do) il play them on my PC!Il be having one of sony's machines when it comes out though

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    ...and Blu-Ray smells like the Betamax!
    word.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    You did read my full post, I was refering to what the article from a PS2 mag put down the same rag took a pop at Gameboy, Ipods, portable DVD players and DS when PSP was set to launch.
    If you really want to see how PS3 compares to other consoles look no further then comparison shots at this link:
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30411
    I'm in no way surprised at the difference. The 360 and PS3 are comparable and both have better lighting effects then the Wii version. There is however one thing the screens cant show, apparently the Wii version has a better framerate.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I imagine there will be a lot of 360's on ebay when the ps3 drops,microsoft are bathing in the glory at the moment,& they've got a good headstart,but sony will come up with the goods again
    If i want to play microsoft games (which i do) il play them on my PC!Il be having one of sony's machines when it comes out though
    the thing is with that, Sony is counting on alot of support from their thrird party developers. whcih given the fact the era of the "console exclusive" is almost dead, i think their business forcast is faulty.

Halo3 and GTA4 will be the absolute widowmaker for PS3. the only real balls out game PS3 has on deck at this point is Metal gear 4. which to be honest, we all know it'll get an eventual get a 360 release with added content just like MGS2: Substance did. So even MGS4 is a tempory solution to the underlying probelm with sony's mentality. Further where is Sony's online gaming? they keep touting and online market place, and for two years now it has yet to materialize.

the bottom line is they're doing nothing to retain their foothold in the market. Hell they've all but abondoned the PSP. which is amusing because up untill a few weeks ago i was more than willing to dump money into it for new games. Now i just use it to watch pirated movies and TV shows i missed, at work.

Sony has proven to me, and i suspect a number of other gamers, that they've no interest in gaming, just profit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ive said it before and ill say it again now resident evil, silent hill, metal gear, final fantasy ect. are multiplatform (AND THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE DAMMIT!) sonys screwed, without final fnatasy 7 and metal gear solid the ps one launch would have been ****.
    my 360 is a ssit down in forn tof a loud explosion for a few hours and play against freinds online, in short lazyboy gameing and the wii is more active, make a prat of yourself in front of your mates gameing, which is just as fun only one is for when you have freinds round the other is to shoot each other online from the confort of your armchair.
    then theres the ps3 which is basically a light show like those ones for toddlers from fisher price and as much as i loved my ps2 theres nothing ,NOTHING, that will attract me to a ps3, and the fact they stole, word for word the online press sheet for there online games off the xbox live press release from 2 or 3 years ago AND, as much as sony fan boys would like to differ they DID steal the wii's motion sensor idea at the last minute and lets face it if your console looks like a cross section of a trash can and the logo is the same font as spidermans movie logo you know there going downhill, i think it will have some fans but its definatly going the way of the dreamcast and the gizmondo.

Undisclosed
    To be honest, FF7 and Castlevania: SOTN are the games that sold me for PS. Dynasty Warriors 2 & 3, Kessen, and FF10 convinced me to buy the PS2. I have no regrets buying a PS or a PS2.

Fiji
    excellent point Hellsing.

i had forgotten about the motion sensor issue. which thinking about it is assinine, why would you dump rumble features for a tilt sensor. atleast the WII has a full range of pick up for motion. the ps3 is basicly just tilt the controler forward or backward .

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Nintendo comes up with a anologue stick, Sony come up with adding analogue sticks to the PSone pad, Nintendo come up with a rumble pack, Sony comes up with the Dual shock, Nintendo - incorperating touch screen and microphones on DS, Sony - so far rumor and speculation in regards to PSP successor, Nintendo - Wiimote, Sony - sensor pad.
    During E3, Sony exec states sonsor tech and rumble tech are incompatible and "rumble tech is soooo last generation..." then the company they stole the Dual shock off of pulls off a controller with both.
    Gets worse, Sony wont include Dual sensor pads with PS3 to keep prices low. It's already £425 what's a extra £5 - 10 gonna do?

You know what the sad part of PS3 is? it's the very console that wowed gamers with it's graphical capabilities during the unveiling of.... the Emotion engine in 1999. Remember all those fantastic tech demos? all that stuff that never manifested on the half baked PS2 that came out the oven?

capncnut
    I really don't care what console has the most memory, has the most features, has the biggest d**k! At the end of the day, consoles come down to games... step forward 360. Look at the current library of games the 360 has to offer right now. Now look at the 'alleged' launch line-up of the PS3. It's DIRE! Devil May Cry 4 is the only game I want from Sony (Metal Gear is on it's last legs and Killzone can just kiss my ass!), now what games to you think Sony want from Microsoft - er, all of 'em! With the announcements that Microsoft have secured all next-gen versions of FIFA and PES for a whole year, Rockstar and Capcom deciding to go multiformat and promising simultaneous release dates AND the 360 already having games that Sony have yet to release (a friend of mine played Condemned on PS3 at a German games festival and said there was NO difference whatsoever - he was even playing it on a 360 joypad!!!) I can hear the bells of death a-calling for Sony. I was once a massive Sony fanboy but now I'm really not so sure. I personally think the PS3 is just a sneaky way for them to try and forge Blu-Ray into the marketplace. I for one will not buy this console and many, many friends of mine who once swore allegiance to Sony are now turning their backs on them.

Fiji
    you know, i still don't see what all the fanfare over Killzone is all about.

Killzone still stands as the only game i've ever boughten and returned in the same day. and that's with a 45 minutes drive each way to the gamestop store i shop at. The game was just abyssmal, and i don't see how killing retarded kids in the armor from Jin-Roh is in anyway entertaining.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    Killzone still stands as the only game i've ever boughten and returned in the same day.
    Ooh, I can feel a thread comin' on...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rottedfreak View Post
    During E3, Sony exec states sonsor tech and rumble tech are incompatible and "rumble tech is soooo last generation..." then the company they stole the Dual shock off of pulls off a controller with both.
    Gets worse, Sony wont include Dual sensor pads with PS3 to keep prices low. It's already £425 what's a extra £5 - 10 gonna do?
    What is even worse is that there was a Playstation controler that had both tilt and rumble and it was released around 98-99. Yes, a Playstation controler with those features, I believe it was put out by Pelican, but I may be wrong on the manufacturer.

Sony has definatly made a lot negative press with the PS3. At the Blockbuster/Game Rush I work at most of the customers that I have talked to that are on our call list for the PS3 are telling us that they don't want it, they want the Wii, they just want the PS3 for a quick Ebay profit.

The call list is another story all together. Since Sony will not gurantee us any (yes, I said any) Playstation 3's, we are taking phone numbers and names and if we get any in we are going to call the people on the list in order that they signed up. If they want the PS3, they have a little while to come in and get it otherwise it goes to the next person on the list. I think we will get 3 PS3's launch day if we are lucky.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    At the Blockbuster/Game Rush I work at most of the customers that I have talked to that are on our call list for the PS3 are telling us that they don't want it, they want the Wii, they just want the PS3 for a quick Ebay profit...

...I think we will get 3 PS3's launch day if we are lucky.
    At the local GameStation near to where I work, my pal is telling me the exact same thing. Almost everybody who has pre-ordered the PS3 are going to put it out on E-bay for a tidy profit.

As for getting 3 PS3's on launch day in the US, I wouldn't hold your breath my friend.