Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: buying an xbox 360

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    thast true only the gamecube ha had a decent luanch set.

...well to bhe honest when you have smash bros which i still havent worth it a cubes worth that alone, cant wait for snake vs link in brawl.

ive preordered a wii (notice since miyamotos awe inspiring e3 show no one laughs anymore?, now that guy commands respect, hes the romero of games isnt he?).

cant wait for my 360, couldnt give two ****s about any of the games out right now, im waiting for dead rising, tony hawks project 8 (wether i want to or not, its a jackass fans addicition) ,resistance fall of man, bioshock (so glad thats coming onto 360 too!), and finally the awe inspiring steven king-em up alan wake

im looking forward to wake so much i registered on the froums long ago, were the remedy staff also drop the rare egg of knowledge on max payne 3 rumors.....

i could never get into any of the smash bros games, i think my addiction to sf2 and mk2 in the arcades warped me for any other fighting games.

btw i bought my gc souly for rogue squadron 2. what an awesome game for the time. still i s.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag
    btw i bought my gc souly for rogue squadron 2. what an awesome game for the time. still i s.
    word bitch rogue squadron like a muther ****er!

sorry but i love that game, it ws like t2, wereas the sequel was liek t3 literally and unmerically

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh and i just found out i might be getting my 360 on sunday a few months early, hells yeah, so whats the deal with a online thing you dont have to pay for like silver or whatever?, whats that about ?, plus im on silver aol so will it work?

United States
    If you have Broadband, you can use Xbox Live, basically. The silver level is free for Live, and you can do everyting except play games online(download demos, videos, message friends, etc). Gold is $50 a year, and well worth it. I think if you buy a 360 you get a 3 month trial membership to Gold.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CoinReturn
    If you have Broadband, you can use Xbox Live, basically. The silver level is free for Live, and you can do everyting except play games online(download demos, videos, message friends, etc). Gold is $50 a year, and well worth it. I think if you buy a 360 you get a 3 month trial membership to Gold.
    As I already had an Xbox Live membership when I purchased my 360 I'm not sure of the length of the trial Gold Membership (I thought it was 30 days) but either way you do get a free trial.

The Gold membership is well worth the $50.00 per year & I would highly recommened that you get it when you can hellsing . Let the people here know & we can add you to our friends lists on Live .

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by general tbag
    i dont think the add on will really make a difference. after all no system with a add on to the system has ever suceeded. and other than movies it wont be a requirement till a few gens away . like i said the 360 is just rehashing the older gen games, bf2 included.

I'll need to back search, but i think the Sega Cd kicked ass as an addone to the original console. so there is a whopping 1. my point more so is with the DVD format "war" (pssshh) heating up. i think microsofts big kick this year will be selling 360's to those that don't have them. and selling the HD DVD units to those that already do. the drive is suposed to go fo $80-100, so 1 drive and 4-5 HD DVDs running at 25-30 a pop would be a decent Xmas gift this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    If any, I have a feeling that Microsoft will come out with a much larger HDD. I know that one of the buzzwords in the recent E3 was downloading games directly from the publishers a la Valve's Steam. With the constant updating and additional features being put into XBLive, I see it as a strong possibility that a Live-user can have games available for downloading straight to his HDD.

i was thinking about this as well. with the new upgrades to the XBL marketplace, it's tactic would tend to fit very well.

from waht i gather, Microsoft is trying to make the idea of game demos, which is common for PC games, more previlant for 360 games. which would make sense, at $60 a game, i'd like to try it a little before ordering it

Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65
    The Gold membership is well worth the $50.00 per year & I would highly recommened that you get it when you can hellsing . Let the people here know & we can add you to our friends lists on Live .

here's a question. if i already have an active XBL account on my xbox, will it transfer over to my 360?

that would just kick exorbident ass.
    Last edited by p2501; 22-Jun-2006 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    here's a question. if i already have an active XBL account on my xbox, will it transfer over to my 360?

that would just kick exorbident ass.
    Yes, if you already have an Xbox Live account it transfers over to the 360. Once you get your 360 & hook it up for Live all you need do is go through the "Recover Gamer Tag" option & you are good to go. That's just what I did when I got my 360 in December after just renewing my Xbox Live account in November. It was a completly painless & simple process .

Canada
    paying for xbox live is worth every cent. dont even bother with the silver.

Fiji
    oh that just rukles.

Hab1B Marwan lives again!!!!!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    oh that just rukles.

Hab1B Marwan lives again!!!!!!!
    That gamertag looks familiar to me from the TeamXbox forums. Did you or do you post there ??

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65
    As I already had an Xbox Live membership when I purchased my 360 I'm not sure of the length of the trial Gold Membership (I thought it was 30 days) but either way you do get a free trial.

well i live on a new poorly cowboy built estate so we cant get higher than uhh....512kb....i think so i cant get live yet.
    ive allready prepared by signing up a gamertag account, Black Hellsing, origional huh?

well 'I_AM_THE_ROXORS' was taken surprisingly,lol.

but yeah i cant wait till i can get it here cus its well worth the creds o pay for it, oh and i signed up to the underground section, that way i can use swear words like 'bugger' ,'bollox' and 'ruddy'
    Last edited by Danny; 22-Jun-2006 at 07:53 PM.

Canada
    well i live on a new poorly cowboy built estate so we cant get higher than uhh....512kb....i think so i cant get live yet.
    ive allready prepared by signing up a gamertag account, Black Hellsing, origional huh?
    check with ur isp to see if qos is included with your connection, it might help your bandwidth limitation. expect to be kicked if ur laggy , not only from players, but also microsoft.

United States
    but yeah i cant wait till i can get it here cus its well worth the creds o pay for it, oh and i signed up to the underground section, that way i can use swear words like 'bugger' ,'bollox' and 'ruddy'
    No need to worry about those words. I've heard FAR worse on Live . Generally it's great but you have times where the foulmouthed racist crew gets into a game & make it interesting. Plus, if you are playing against American's most won't know what the bloody hell "bugger", "bollox" & "ruddy" mean .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i actually heard in a games magazine "now all the teenage americans have left the halo multiplayer alone on live we can play it free of being called a 'douchebag' or racist comments, huzzah!"

HELLLLLLLLSSSSS YYYEEEAAAAAH!.

my family came into some cash today and im getting my 360 tomorrow, 2 months early, ....well technically 6 monthss too late but i dont care, next bring on my dead rising and wii, i hope theyve got oblivion in.
    Last edited by Danny; 23-Jun-2006 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost