Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Whining/Complaining/General Grievance Thread

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Good post Symph - Also those who attempt to overtake when theres something coming the other way in the distance, their car is clearly not quick enough to do it, and they then try to push their way back in front of you when they realise they arent going to make it so you have to jam your brakes on to let them back in, then as soon as the vehicle coming the other way has passed they try and do it again to the car in front!
    Yeah I made that mistake once in Scotland - stupid moment but there was literally miles of straight, clear roads ahead of me - car just wasn't going to do it, it felt like an eternity - I vastly underestimated the shitness of my car, made it eventually but the truck driver coming towards me wasn't too impressed when I finally managed to get in front of the car I was overtaking - that was certainly a stupid mistake that I haven't repeated since! I was quite new to driving at that time so I forgave myself for it, but yeah, fucked if I do that again in a hurry!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Undisclosed
    WOMEN...just bloody women

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    WOMEN...just bloody women
    ^This! Add this to my list.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

The "Know it all" - Yeah, we all know one. The bozo who thinks he knows everything, has all the facts (when he really has no clue), etc. He also has done everything you have (supposedly) but somehow manages to do it bigger, better, faster or whatever. Annoying as hell.
    Are all of them really bad?

Nah, I just couldn't resist that one...

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Dubious, strangely enough they only end up being that way soon after your arrival. Hmm... coincidence?
    You must be new.

Okay here's a grievance: Your signature photo is stupid and perhaps a just a tad homosexual.

How'm I doin'?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    You must be new.

Okay here's a grievance: Your signature photo is stupid and perhaps a just a tad homosexual.

How'm I doin'?
    Point proven, Dubious. You make an asinine statement like that (although not nearly as witty as you generally are -- give credit where credit is due) and then disappear to see how the dominoes fall.

Oh wait, no... I'm supposed to whine in my whining thread about how my signature isn't homosexual and how you're an idiot for thinking that and blah blah blah...

I certainly give you credit on doing a great job of proving your point. You're a great addition to this forum, Jimmy. Like Lee and others, you make people think and I respect and appreciate that.

(I was just busting your chops after all, and you know that).

j.p.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    OK after 780 miles driving around this green and pleasant land I have definitely added one major gripe that overshadows ALL of my other driving complaints...

BMW drivers. They're all w**kers. No exception.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    BMW drivers. They're all w**kers. No exception.
    HEY! I drive a BMW 330ci.. what are you trying to say?!

It's like the saying/joke goes:

Q: What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
    A: The porcupine has the pricks on the outside.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    hahahahahaha exactly

lol nah it's nothing personal man, but honestly on this mad journey I was "road bullied" by more BMWs than I could count....female and male drivers, shoot up behind you at such a speed that it's almost scary then tailgate someone til they either do a dangerous manueover or speed up themselves and risk getting busted for speeding - they just don't seem to care and have this "I'm driving a tank, I can fuck you up" attitude...

and look at the size of your Beemer!!!! you could drive my car inside your car!!!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    hahahahahaha exactly

....and look at the size of your Beemer!!!! you could drive my car inside your car!!!

Dude, I can't agree with you more. Most BMW drivers are MAJOR pricks! I feel sorta bad driving this thing - well, that is 'till I step on the gas but seriously, I have to agree - I think "most" BMW drivers are assholes, but I can't say all 'cause I'm one of them, and it's a self-preservation thing or something..

My 330ci isn't that big - but those 7 series BMW's are like cruise ships on land! They are pretty huge.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    So, this is an idea I had last night about a new thread dedicated to nothing except our whining/complaining/general grievances. Feel free to post anything you want (within terms of membership of course, we want to keep this thread alive after all) but please ensure that it's a general whine/complaint/grievance you have about a subject that you wish to articulate.
    Wow! What an utterly pointless thread! In all my years I really can't recall a bigger waste of time! I mean, when I think of all the people who have contributed over the years, and think about the effort all those people have made, this thread really just spits in their face!

Sheesh! Grrrr! It makes me mad!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Wow! What an utterly pointless thread! In all my years I really can't recall a bigger waste of time! I mean, when I think of all the people who have contributed over the years, and think about the effort all those people have made, this thread really just spits in their face!

Why? Are you being sarcastic?

C'mon Neil, everyone has a general grievance/complaint, and I think it's valuable for people to be able to 'flesh out' their issues/complaints in a reasonable way -- so far this thread has not broken into a "which penis is bigger" thing like so many threads in the general discussion have over the past -- people here have been logical in what they've said, and everyone has made valid and insightful posts. I'd call that a good thread I suppose, then again I don't own the site.

Actually, you're honoring the nature of the thread by your post if you think about it. Maybe that's your point?

j.p.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post

that's way too paradoxical for me...

Canada
    This is about the best thread these forums have seen in several years.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    This is about the best thread these forums have seen in several years.
    i agree Mo...its not like we have a secret forum to air our greviances....