Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead remake....

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    the day remake is an abomination in the sight of god and man. i still cannot believe that $18 million was spent to make that turdtacular film.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    the day remake is an abomination in the sight of god and man. i still cannot believe that $18 million was spent to make that turdtacular film.
    I agree, i think we're just going to have to start facing the SLIGHT possibility that a good zombie film is the exception and not the rule. So if you think about it, in the land vs. dawn 04' spats we have what are we really debating? I'm in the dawn 04' camp yet there no denying that both films are lightyears ahead of what normally comes down the pipe. Sh8t pipe that is.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed

Yikes !!!!!!!

watched it, I am so glad i did not buy it, waste of time, why did they even bother, a sci-fi channel movie of the week it's ten times better ( and boy those are awful ), this movie left me with brain damage

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by lullubelle View Post
    watched it, I am so glad i did not buy it, waste of time
    I agree,it's not worth buying.I wouldn't own it even if they were giving the movie away for free.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    So if you think about it, in the land vs. dawn 04' spats we have what are we really debating? I'm in the dawn 04' camp yet there no denying that both films are lightyears ahead of what normally comes down the pipe. Sh8t pipe that is.
    Well said, Darth

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Canada
    I don't want to say 'told you so'
    ah hell I will say it...Told you so

Watching the remake or gutter-puke
    was a waste of breath wasn't it

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyHicks View Post
    I don't want to say 'told you so'
    ah hell I will say it...Told you so

Watching the remake or gutter-puke
    was a waste of breath wasn't it
    Gee, thanks rusty I feel so much better now
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post

If I had the dvd,thats what I would use it for.
    its not even worth coasting my cups next to my copy of the lost boys 2 its that bad! ive seen better uwe boll movies!

United States

Ha!

I actually really enjoyed the Day of the Dead remake even though... it bore little resemblence to its namesake I found it thouroughly entertaining. The characters weren't well developed but few horror films are capable of that. And there were a lot of holes in the movie that it felt like they were going to go somewhere but never got there. Like why didn't Sara load her gun? They kept mentioning that and what happened at her old base but never got into it. I felt there was something there. The one and only thing I really hated about this was when one or two zombies crawled upside down on the celing... its so tiresome to see that display and it didn't make sense. I get zombies getting up and eating people but crawling on the celing? You have to draw the line somewhere.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    I have never seen it myself but the snippets I have seen, and all the reviews around the web, and the opinions of those hear make me not want to see it.

I am going to have to say no, no for me.

United States
    Doesn't the curiosity of not knowing make you want to see it if for no other reason because its a zombie movie? There are so few of them out there...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    Doesn't the curiosity of not knowing make you want to see it if for no other reason because its a zombie movie? There are so few of them out there...
    Not watching the Day of the Dead remake = best decision someone can make when it comes to zombie films

United States
    I think there are far TOO many zombie flicks on the market. Zeds are the 'in' monster in movies today and it shows. As my wife explains it to me, it's quality over quantity!

United States
    If zombies were 'in' they would have zombie tv shows. I would say vampires are 'in' and wolves too while we're at it. Zombies have made a tremendous comeback but they'll hardly be the most popular evil beings on the block. Breaks my heart to say that but frankly if they were more popular the funding for zombie movies wouldn't be so hard to come by.

Zombie movies are like 80s B-list actors. There's a cult of people following them but they're not wildly popular with all the kids on the block imho.

I do see a future with zombies but the range of the script and characters have to appeal more to women to really win it. And while as a female I love zombie movies and characters as they are I know why my gal pals dont want to watch it. I appreciate that zombie movies seldom objectify women and dont abuse foul language or use nudity but they need something more. When they find that something they'll be a hotter commodity. Imho.

capncnut
    If zombies were 'in' they would have zombie tv shows.
    Dead Set and now Cell. Looks like the zombies might well be 'in' at last.