Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Redneck gets life in prison for multiple DUI's.

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    great, he gets life in prison next to guys who kill people. nice way to make an example
    Drunk drivers kills people in droves.
    Think of it this way: If he took his rifle and just shot some bullets around town while drunk should he not go to jail? And if he did not stop he should go to jail. People need to learn too think and leave the jackass stunts and wild lifestyle to the people on tv.

United Kingdom
    I agree that drink-driving is wrong, but it's not the same as premeditated murder. A life sentence is too much. Banning, fining and community service would have been more fitting, I think.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Banning, fining and community service would have been more fitting, I think.
    i still think my fire ant idea would drastically lower the number of drunk drivers.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Norway
    I agree that drink-driving is wrong, but it's not the same as premeditated murder. A life sentence is too much. Banning, fining and community service would have been more fitting, I think.
    No but it can cause acidental killings and since the roads are used by all its important with hard laws to keep the worst of the worst in line. And some people never stops so they need to be stopped.

United States
    I agree that drink-driving is wrong, but it's not the same as premeditated murder..
    At 10 arrests, if he killed someone, then it would be premeditated murder. He has been told over and over again at this point that driving drunk could kill someone. Now he hasn't killed anyone. . but I think a charge for attempted manslaughter wouldn't be out of the question here.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Dying

Undisclosed
    Pittsburgh Man Convicted For 12th DUI
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/17161546/detail.html

I wonder what the record is?
    Last edited by major jay; 12-Aug-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Drunk drivers kills people in droves.
    Think of it this way: If he took his rifle and just shot some bullets around town while drunk should he not go to jail? And if he did not stop he should go to jail. People need to learn too think and leave the jackass stunts and wild lifestyle to the people on tv.

so put him in detox. u think hes getting help in jail? i admit drunk driving is wrong but what good is he doing behind bars wasting my tax dollars?

Norway
    Putting fear in others.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    so put him in detox. u think hes getting help in jail? i admit drunk driving is wrong but what good is he doing behind bars wasting my tax dollars?
    The same amount of good he's doing loose and running your family down in the street. The guy's worthless trash whether he's in prison or out of prison.

And there is no "help" for his condition. He, and others like him who willfully endager other people in the name of their own fun are afflicted with "I don't give a ****". And there's no cure for that.

Super Moderator

UK
    I saw something on a repeat of an episode of Fifth Gear when I was flicking around the channels, and two of the presenters did a driving weary test thing.

One was drinking all day (not sloshed though, but seemingly merry) and the other was awake for a long time.

They did a driving challenge and the one who was simply tired fared far worse than the one who was drunk, which was interesting.

I think booze has a huge variety of affects on all people, and it varies even more with the quantity of drink too.

But still ... 10 DUI's ... come on, both the law and the guy...sheesh.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Banning? Telling him not to drink and drive had no effect on him, but telling him not to drive at all would be effective? I doubt it.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Chicago donut connoisseur's demand return of beer goggles.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...0,745209.story