Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on Suspiria

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    It worked for Sergio Leoni...

I haven't seen Suspiria since I was a kid. Might have to look out for it. Maybe Youtube can save me the trouble...
    I remember Suspiria fondly as a stylish hell of a good ride, Deep Red by reputation alone; but I don't recall ever actually seeing it. Recently cable has been showing the Final(?) entry in the Mothers series (They were the 3 mothers, right? )called Mother of Tears(2007 ) with Asia Argento.
    The film starts with an accidental blood letting awakening an ancient evil( man, I hate those things. )which rampages through Rome like a plague, turning most of the population into maniacs.
    In the meantime, Asia runs from person to person, hoping to find someone wh hasn't been subverted, until one of the most amazingly bizzare finales I'd seen in some time.
    Italian cinema is strange, but then again, that's the rep since I watched Brava and Fellini films as a youngn. Makes me hanker for Barbara Steele in The Beast( even with the hairy makeup on )
    (Saturday afternoons during the 70's & 80's. Dr. Shock on channel 48 in Philadelphia )

Wayne Z
    "This ain't no 'Fright Flick or 'Creature Double Feature, Babe! "
    Dead Fall; Foreshadow

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Okay, I just finished watching this for the first time in many, many years and the first thought I had was: "What the hell?".
    Whatever you do, don't watch INFERNO!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by wayzim View Post
    Deep Red by reputation alone; but I don't recall ever actually seeing it.
    My GOD, man, what is wrong with everyone?!