Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So what would you realistically do if the dead walked?

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Moi? I would hole up until everyone else has fled my area, then kill as many as I could before being eaten. Maybe setting the town on fire in the process. Not a great plan, but... yeah, that's it. Wouldn't get drunk, though.
    You must get drunk. Conflagrations are not fun if you aren't buzzed.

Just been bitten zombieparanoia's Avatar

Undisclosed
    You know, I think that if zombies suddenly were a reality, people would get their shit together and be ok. Its like in district 9 or the watchmen, all humans need is a common enemy and we'll stop fighting amongst ourselves and unite against the common foe. It would be like an space alien attack, there would be noone on earth who wouldn't be proearth.

Everybody with a pulse is suddenly on one team.

I think the authorities and institutions would drop the ball and geta lot of people killed but people on the grassroots level would look out for each other.
    Last edited by zombieparanoia; 11-Sep-2009 at 04:42 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post
    You know, I think that if zombies suddenly were a reality, people would get their shit together and be ok. Its like in district 9 or the watchmen, all humans need is a common enemy and we'll stop fighting amongst ourselves and unite against the common foe. It would be like an space alien attack, there would be noone on earth who wouldn't be proearth.

I think the authorities and institutions would drop the ball and geta lot of people killed but people on the grassroots level would look out for each other.
    I've always been of this thought and I've been shouted down by the "This would be the end of the human race. Period." people. I still think this way though. Nothing would unify the people of earth more than aliens or the undead.

Undisclosed
    Find Ken Foree - he knows how to survive.

United States
    United or not, we are still talking about the undead. Unless aliens were landing, eating us, and biting others of us who in turn become additional aliens...the two are not comparable.

I would like to hope the human race would rally but large metros would fall pretty quick. Look at recent disasters in large cities...the sh## hit the fan and chaos took over. Imagine that exponentially.
    Last edited by Mr.G; 11-Sep-2009 at 11:55 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    Find Ken Foree - he knows how to survive.
    i'd laugh if it turned out that ken was a crazy survival nut and he thought dawn was real and lives in some cabin somewhere waiting for it to die down.
    ..theres probably a spoof movie in that.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I've always maintained going to a military base in the midst of an outbreak would probably be a horrible idea. If you go as soon as you realize there's a problem, you'll be surrounded by gobs of other people with the same idea, many of them quite possibly being turned away or rioting and some of them infected. If you go much later than that you risk being shot out of hand (what with the military wanting to survive and you likely being in breach of the recent martial law).
    What if your actually a paid up, albeit part time serving soldier though

United States
    who the hell would want to live in a
    world where dead people were walking around.

i like Johns advice from Day

"lets find a little island somewhere and spend
    what little time we got soaking up the sun'

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by zombieparanoia View Post

I'm not sure that we actually would all pull together to fight the fight. Do you honestly believe people like the Taliban or Bin Laden would suddenly have a change of heart? No, they would claim it would be something like divine retribution against the western infidels and in all probability use it as a means to further undermine western civilisation - instead of bombs they'd just send suicide squads into major cities armed with a pack of razor blades, find a quiet back alley, slit their wrists and wait for the shit to hit the fan. Martyrdom through zombification. I'm afraid all the old tensions will still persist in the apocalypse and we'll be fighting a war on many fronts I'm sure as various dissident groups, religious nuts and assorted other organisations seek to further their own agenda by taking advantage of the situation.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Carcass View Post
    I'm not sure that we actually would all pull together to fight the fight. Do you honestly believe people like the Taliban or Bin Laden would suddenly have a change of heart? No, they would claim it would be something like divine retribution against the western infidels and in all probability use it as a means to further undermine western civilisation - instead of bombs they'd just send suicide squads into major cities armed with a pack of razor blades, find a quiet back alley, slit their wrists and wait for the shit to hit the fan. Martyrdom through zombification. I'm afraid all the old tensions will still persist in the apocalypse and we'll be fighting a war on many fronts I'm sure as various dissident groups, religious nuts and assorted other organisations seek to further their own agenda by taking advantage of the situation.
    Once they are zombies, it wouldn't matter. They would all be dead.

Undisclosed
    I would probably go down pretty fast to be honest with you. I would get caught in some no win situation more than likely, not to mention I am not that good at foraging or anything like that. When the world goes down I am probably not going to be worth that much in the end.

In the idea scenerio have a little bit of time, head out to the country with alot of lumber and bricks. Brick up low level windows, fill everything with water and stockpile as much food as possible. Probably try to get a garden going too but that would be harder, the house some relatives live in you might be able to mess with the roof but that is it. I figure it is better to hide, lay low and hope things come back under control. If they do not in relatively short order it is unlikely that they ever will.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Moi? I would hole up until everyone else has fled my area, then kill as many as I could before being eaten. Maybe setting the town on fire in the process. Not a great plan, but... yeah, that's it.
    Well, if it isn't the Trash Can Man.

I will set you to burn!

-stray-

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post

If GAR has taught me anything, it's that my fellow humans are a greater threat than the zombies.

Agreed. In a zombie crisis situation I would be much more concerned about the threat posed by other panicked survivors than the zombies themselves.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Well, if it isn't the Trash Can Man.

I will set you to burn!

-stray-
    Bumpty-bumpty bump...Bumpty-bumpty bump... My life for you! My life for you!

haha... couldn't resist...

M-O-O-N, that spells Trash Can Man.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    If a zombie pandemic were to really hit the world, I'm going on the warpath against anybody who's ever wronged me. Since I consider certain organistations or classes of people enemies, this vendetta could go on for sometime. I suppose the best outcome I could hope for would be to become a Road Warrior type figure prowling the wastland.