Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 5 Pushed back to 2009!?! WTF!?!

England
    I bet the wait for the game isnt as ridiculous as the plot will be,whats next "umbrella has secretly turned the earths core into a large bioweapons lab"
    The first game was great with the lab being a relatively small believable thing hidden under the mansion (apart from the bit with the lowering ceiling,that was a bit ghey),but as the series moved on it just got more & more stupid!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I bet the wait for the game isnt as ridiculous as the plot will be,whats next "umbrella has secretly turned the earths core into a large bioweapons lab"
    The first game was great with the lab being a relatively small believable thing hidden under the mansion (apart from the bit with the lowering ceiling,that was a bit ghey),but as the series moved on it just got more & more stupid!
    Yeah, i think the umbrella storyline has run it's course. That's why the direction they took with re4 was so refreshing. I think they're going to go with the parasite angle for a couple of games. But there are alot of questions that are still unanswered. It's been confirmed that the lead character is chris. What does he have to do with las plagas?
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Umbrella Chronciles and the Wiimakes of past games to follow will provide all the answers to Umbrellas demise.

United States
    Yeah, I think RE5 is going to open up a new arc, and Umbrella will have little or no involvement in it. The Umbrella Chronicles should give us closure on that particular aspect of the story.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I own all the re titles and i never even knew about their downfall. It was never mentioned in the other games.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    ^ thats what umbrella chronicles is for.

its stated at the start of resi 4 that umbrella is gone, no more umbrella story arcs, the only bad guy left from previous games is albert wesker who been colecting virus' and parasites for a good 9 years now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ^ thats what umbrella chronicles is for.

its stated at the start of resi 4 that umbrella is gone, no more umbrella story arcs, the only bad guy left from previous games is albert wesker who been colecting virus' and parasites for a good 9 years now.
    Umbrella was like a big dysfunctional family anyway. It's no wonder they couldn't keep it together. Too many people with their own agendas.

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Umbrellas downfall was due to infighting, in RE2 Hunk and his team are sent in to get the G virus, according to a EX file in the N64 version they operated from the European branch of Umbrella.
    Birkins plan was to ditch Umbrella and take his virus to the US government who had a team waiting at the Water treatment plant/Dead factory (in RE3), the European branch later sent in Tyrant retreivers (T-103) one was dipatched to get the G virus and the rest were sent to destroy the special forces at the Dead Factory, they also sent nemesis to wipe out the STARS team.
    In Resident Evil: Code Veronica it's the US government that attack Rockfort and it's quite possible other government authorities siezed the European offices and labs.
    Hard to believe we missed all that stuff going on in the background.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alot of people missed that because it was never explicitly expressed. If alot of people weren't confused as to the storyline i don't think that they would have come out with wesker's report which puts most of it in a neat little package.
    Last edited by darth los; 23-Jul-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah you have to read the extras and stuff to get the full story, like why did the nemesis not talk?, becuase the nemesis parasites were made by umbrella france, you cant expect a french monster to speak english

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If i recall correctly he did say "S.T.A.R.S !!" I wonder what that translates to in frech?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    One fan theory of Nemesis identity is that it's Billy Coen - purely because of the way he says Stars when he first encountered Rebecca on the train in Zero.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's a good observation, although if it were billy i think that they would have revealed it by now. The series doesn't usually leave things up in the air like that.

capncnut
    Who did Tofu work for?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    From what i've read tofu was put in the game to challenge all the people who were able to beat the first game with just the knife. I just thought he was a quirky counterpart to hunk.