Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wrestling pioneer Killer Kowalski dies at 81

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post

kowalski could only dream to wrestle 300 days a year plus whatever else they had planned for you. in WWE's peak in the 80's they only wrestled on tv TWICE A MONTH. and only had house shows about three times a week at most. so how does someone who wrestled in the 40's and 50's wrestle 300 plus days a year unless he wrestled last year?

P.S. most wrestlers before about 1987 had other jobs because wrestling didnt pay like it does now.
    Might want to check the results.
    http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling/cawthon777/63.htm

And that's 45 years ago. You can find the 1980s from that page, if you want to see those.

Undisclosed
    Looks like all of those cards were up North in the general area. Big diffrence between traveling around NY and CT compared to wrestling in NY then traveling to TX for a few days then going to CA then maybe over seas to Europe or Japan.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    Looks like all of those cards were up North in the general area. Big diffrence between traveling around NY and CT compared to wrestling in NY then traveling to TX for a few days then going to CA then maybe over seas to Europe or Japan.
    Of course they were in the northeast, in 1963. That's where their territory was. The NWA was broken into chunks all over the place. That's why a guy like Flair wrestled everywhere from Puerto Rico to Japan to Singapore to Montreal when he was NWA Champion.

Current guys work 4 days on, 3 days off. Which isn't all this "much more travel" than the way it's always been. So I don't buy travel as an excuse to be a drug addict. At all.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Of course they were in the northeast, in 1963. That's where their territory was. The NWA was broken into chunks all over the place. That's why a guy like Flair wrestled everywhere from Puerto Rico to Japan to Singapore to Montreal when he was NWA Champion.

Current guys work 4 days on, 3 days off. Which isn't all this "much more travel" than the way it's always been. So I don't buy travel as an excuse to be a drug addict. At all.
    the fact is they travel more than they're home. so no matter if they're "working" or not, they're not home a lot.

need more proof? i worked security for a promotion in my area when i graduated high school and i talked with a few big names and my god they LIVE on the road.

no one said "drug addict", but landing on a ring made of canvas and wood that many times a night isnt good for you. so they might need anything form aspirin to somas
    Last edited by acealive1; 02-Sep-2008 at 11:56 PM.