Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'Flex Sex': interesting research on women's sexual fluidity

Super Moderator

UK
    Bless you MZ, there is a heart in there after all
    I'm a well of deepness and emotion and you know, stuff ... so I am.

Although if I could time-travel I'd kick my own ass when I was 17 and say "chill the f*ck out, geez!" ... now I'm a black-eyed loner walking the cold landscape alone amidst lots of rain and wind and you know...adjectives loosely hung around feelings ... and sh*t.

Seriously though, I burnt myself out at 17/18 ... so while still only attracted to the fairer sex (to bring this back around the topic at hand), I've not been attracted to anyone for a good while.

So I guess that's yet another layer of attraction (ah, still on topic ) ... those who, temporarily, aren't attracted to anyone in their zone of choice.

Or maybe I'm just a heartless bastard.

United States
    It's also worth noting that there is a difference in sex, gender, and sexual preference. A man (sex) could be very effeminate, with a secret love of dressing up like a woman (gender) but could only be attracted to women (sexual preference). It's a weird wide world.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    what a great term, sexual fluidity.

wonderful ahhh

isnt sex about exchanging fluids as well
    when you think of it.

and i dont know if i agree in female/female sex
    being less invasive, a dildo can be a pretty
    intruding object.

the majority of people are bi sexual
    doesnt mean they have sex with members
    of the same gender, but they can look at someone
    of the same sex and mentally acknowledge that person
    is attractive.

Its all harmless.

Do what thy will shall be the whole of the law.

quoting Crowley may seem inappropriate but he
    was very much into sex magick.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    You don't necessarily have to take it up the arse to visit Planet Homo, Neil If you think about it, getting a blow job or even just kissing another bloke would be a homosexual act, despite not being anything you wouldn't necessarily do with a girl.

It's definitely more acceptable to be a gay girl than a gay guy atm Which probably puts more guys off experimenting, as socially speaking, they have more to lose!
    No, but when a male has sex it tends to be more 'invasive'. If you consider many elements of sex, they involve penetration (oral, vaginal, anal), and if you consider being penetrated as somewhat of a sign of submission, then sexual actions/roles could be considered dominant or submissive.

As many 'regular' men would not particuraly like/accept the submission role, I suggest it is therefore more of a step for most 'regular' guys to make that leap into same-sex sex.

Women, whose sexual role could generally be considered more submissive, it could be considered as less of a leap - certainly with less 'invasive' sex involved - to venture into same-sex sex.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Its natural for humans in general to find the female form arousing, I am sure even some gay men do. The female body has been a source of artistic inspiration, a source for great drive and ambition for man kind for our entire history. The 1st thing we see in nature are our mothers breasts which provide us with nourishment. Are we so surprised that all humans might find female bodies beautiful? This of course though doesn't mean we all want to have sex with women, or that women are bisexual by nature. Thats just an absurd conclusion. Finding a female body beautiful doesn't mean women in general want to chow down on the muffin. In fact most would find it disgusting.

My girlfriend loves breasts, she is fixated on them (so am I for that matter). But she is sick to the thought of making love to another woman, even if she thinks she's beautiful.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Its natural for humans in general to find the female form arousing, I am sure even some gay men do. The female body has been a source of artistic inspiration, a source for great drive and ambition for man kind for our entire history. The 1st thing we see in nature are our mothers breasts which provide us with nourishment. Are we so surprised that all humans might find female bodies beautiful? This of course though doesn't mean we all want to have sex with women, or that women are bisexual by nature. Thats just an absurd conclusion. Finding a female body beautiful doesn't mean women in general want to chow down on the muffin. In fact most would find it disgusting.

My girlfriend loves breasts, she is fixated on them (so am I for that matter). But she is sick to the thought of making love to another woman, even if she thinks she's beautiful.
    I don't really get this the female form is more attractive than the male... Obviously to me it is, but if you attempt to be non-bias, a well toned male body is surely just as interesting and 'artistic' as a female body?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I don't really get this the female form is more attractive than the male... Obviously to me it is, but if you attempt to be non-bias, a well toned male body is surely just as interesting and 'artistic' as a female body?
    I don't quite agree, I think the male body is by definition hard, utilitarian, and linear. No real curves or soft delicate touch to it. If we had to describe shapes that describe human bodies (fit bodies mind you) when you think of woman form you think of circles, when you think of the male form its straight lines.

Not to mention men and women evolved differently throughout the ages, women evolved to have beautiful soft, delicate looking bodies while men left that behind and evolved to have strong powerful bodies useful for war, hunting and construction.

Women have symmetrical looking bodies with graceful lines and rounded edges because thats what we as a species are drawn to, men have linear looking utility type bodies, good for getting things done, but nothing really to look at.

I am not trying to be biased either, even GAY men love women's bodies, its why the majority of fashion designers and makeup artists, Victoria Secret designers are gay men.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I don't quite agree, I think the male body is by definition hard, utilitarian, and linear. No real curves or soft delicate touch to it. If we had to describe shapes that describe human bodies (fit bodies mind you) when you think of woman form you think of circles, when you think of the male form its straight lines.

Not to mention men and women evolved differently throughout the ages, women evolved to have beautiful soft, delicate looking bodies while men left that behind and evolved to have strong powerful bodies useful for war, hunting and construction.

Women have symmetrical looking bodies with graceful lines and rounded edges because thats what we as a species are drawn to, men have linear looking utility type bodies, good for getting things done, but nothing really to look at.

I am not trying to be biased either, even GAY men love women's bodies, its why the majority of fashion designers and makeup artists, Victoria Secret designers are gay men.
    I can see exactly what your saying, and agree with some of it...

But none-the-less, the one sided nature of the argument bugs me and I would continue to argue a well toned male body is far more dynamic and just as interesting to look at as a female body. It's difficult to be subjective on the matter especially when Demi Moore keeps popping into my head
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I can see exactly what your saying, and agree with some of it...

But none-the-less, the one sided nature of the argument bugs me and I would continue to argue a well toned male body is far more dynamic and just as interesting to look at as a female body. It's difficult to be subjective on the matter especially when Demi Moore keeps popping into my head
    The most famous of them all...

Beauty is subjective, but it doesn't have to just mean a curvy lady.

If anything, symmetry is a more over-riding factor in beauty objectively speaking...or so I've heard people saying in the past.

Then of course there's the 'default' key beauty stylings of each gender. In females it's curves, in men it's strength ... then there's a whole bunch of other things...

Oh and proportions - another thing that adds to beauty.

Then there's the whole mental side of beauty - where the subjective aspect of it really takes over and becomes very personal.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 18-Mar-2008 at 10:47 PM.

United States
    Actually the Greeks and the Romans were very much inspired by the male form. Even more so than the female form. Even during the Renaisance we see a return to this ideal. The male form was considered to be the epitome of perfection. The idealization of the female form is actually a rather recent phenomenon, as far as human history is concerned.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Actually the Greeks and the Romans were very much inspired by the male form. Even more so than the female form. Even during the Renaisance we see a return to this ideal. The male form was considered to be the epitome of perfection. The idealization of the female form is actually a rather recent phenomenon, as far as human history is concerned.
    garsh dammit. you and MZ have beat me to this. i was prepared to wax all poetic about the greek and roman sculptors but no you've ruined all my fun.

there are lots of cultural reasons for the way the male form was treated in greek and roman art - especially in greek art. i could go on forever about said reasons but won't.

suffice to say that the greeks had a very low opinion of women in general (except for the spartans but they are the exception that proves most of the other rules about greek society) and the male form, as clang has said, was considered to be the perfect form.
    Last edited by Mike70; 19-Mar-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    id like to throw my two cents in here, im a straight dude, wich needless to say means i dig the ladies and i honestly cannot fathom what any straight woman or gay man finds attractive about a naked human male...seriously, what is there to dig?
    but the thing is thats just me, and every human is unique, were not pack animals so much anymore ,were very solitary creatures at heart, intrinsically i mean, and no two people live the same lives so every bit of stimuli from the day they were is going to affect there view on, well, everythng to put it bluntly.

United States
    Ha

Homophobia is so ingrained

and it is a phobia, a fear
    not a hate.

some men are so afraid to acknowledge
    the obvious truth that there is beauty
    in both the male form and the female form
    as they are both considered the greatest
    works of art ever created.

As far as having sex with someone thats
    a whole other issue

many. but not all are bisexual
    some are born that way
    others are sucked into it (sorry).

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    id like to throw my two cents in here, im a straight dude, wich needless to say means i dig the ladies and i honestly cannot fathom what any straight woman or gay man finds attractive about a naked human male...seriously, what is there to dig?
    You're kidding right? There's those cute little furry butts for for thing, and flat abs, those cute little beebites on their chests, and soft hair.... and their eyes even....GUYS ARE ATTRACTIVE trust me.

M_
    Last edited by Marie; 19-Mar-2008 at 12:51 AM.
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Undisclosed
    Now....

Theres a sexy beast....

*grins*

Or I suppose this is acceptable...

But then again...this is probally better.....at least its more accessable to those afraid of it....cause on the outside it looks the same...

This is good too

Personally Id want to be Teddy
    Last edited by Terran; 19-Mar-2008 at 05:18 AM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!