Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thor movie

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    The plan Marvel has from what I hear is to do a solo movie for each of the original Avengers, leading up to an Avengers movie. Iron Man & The Hulk are already out of the way, Thor is in the works, so that leaves Captain America & Ant Man.

As long as they're good, I don't care, keep 'em coming.

[/IMG]
    Marvel announced the Monday after Iron Man was released that they are making Iron Man 2 and Thor both to be released in 2010 and then Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers to be released in 2011 and Ant Man sometime there after.

I agree, as long as they are good keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The last time I saw thor in a movie was in an Incredible Hulk film. It was waaaaaaay back in the 80's so the details are kind of blurry but David Banner (still played by Bill Bixby) was on the verge of a cure for his curse. All I remember is the fight scene between thor and the hulk. Thor whacked him on the chest with his hammer but all that did was knock him back and piss him off even more. Gotta love those original Avengers.

Not to sound like a smart a$$, but the link from the OP actually has that fight scene video posted at the bottom of the article.
    Last edited by DeadJonas190; 24-Oct-2008 at 03:44 AM.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadJonas190 View Post
    Marvel announced the Monday after Iron Man was released that they are making Iron Man 2 and Thor both to be released in 2010 and then Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers to be released in 2011 and Ant Man sometime there after.

I agree, as long as they are good keep them coming!

Not to sound like a smart a$$, but the link from the OP actually has that fight scene video posted at the bottom of the article.

Perhaps it is. You guys are gonna have to forgive me. I do the bulk of my posting at work so i'm constantly missing things like that and mispelling things because i'm in a rush.

But atleast I remembered that . How many others can say the same? I've asked scores of people about it before and they all look at me as if i had a third eye on my forhead.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Perhaps it is. You guys are gonna have to forgive me. I do the bulk of my posting at work so i'm constantly missing things like that and mispelling things because i'm in a rush.

But atleast I remembered that . How many others can say the same? I've asked scores of people about it before and they all look at me as if i had a third eye on my forhead.

I saw it when I was younger, but didn't remember it until I saw the video posted under the article.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's just as well that they don't show it anymore. Compared to the new flicks Lou Ferigno in body paint is laughable at best.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    My choice to play Thor is Triple H. I mean, he looks like Thor AND he even comes with his own (sledge) hammer!

Super Moderator

United States
    So, I wonder if they'll go the 'secret identity' route, complete with the classic Donald Blake, or take a more of a later day, hands off 'alternate identity-you're-not supposed-care-too-much-about' approach (i.e. Sigurd Jarlson), or do late era Thor where he's just the plain old son of Odin come to earth with no real secrets, save whether he's more likely to drink grog with you, or shove a lightning bolt up your bunghole for being an 'impudent mortal*'.

* Yes, I'm well aware that Asgardian gods in the Marvel U are not actually, completely and fully immortal in the sense of, say, the Olympian gods.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 27-Oct-2008 at 01:59 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Question for THor fans.....I remember THor in the comics back when I read them. I never subscribed to the THor title, I mainly saw him in other comics starring other characters. The question is....what was the Marvel explanation for how a mythical norse gods from 1,000 years ago was alive and well in the present day?

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    The question is....what was the Marvel explanation for how a mythical norse gods from 1,000 years ago was alive and well in the present day?
    Asgardians, in the Marvel Universe, are beings who are as close to immortal as one can get without being actually completely immortal. They have extremely high resistances to physical damage and disease and age at a rate that is so slow that it makes them seem immortal from a normal human's perspective.

By contrast, Olympians (Zeus, Mars etc.) are immortal with the exception of their vulnerability to unnatural death by means of violence etc. so they do not age.

The above is based on information of the old MU and may not be current with any retcons that have taken place recently. It also ignores that many of the Asgardian gods avoided permanent death after Ragnarok (though the Ragnarok cycle was, apparently broken by Thor, so who knows if that played into it at all). We do know that Odin did, indeed, die and is currently residing in Valhalla.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 27-Oct-2008 at 03:46 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Come the f*ck on. Which dinkus is going to pay money to watch Ant Man?!

They're already cycling through "heroes" that most people don't much care about. Personally, I can't stand Marvel at all, but I realize Hulk, X-Men, and Spidey have huge followings. But f*cking Ant Man? Enough's enough.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post

They're already cycling through "heroes" that most people don't much care about. Personally, I can't stand Marvel at all, but I realize Hulk, X-Men, and Spidey have huge followings. But f*cking Ant Man? Enough's enough.
    I actually agree with you here. I like the character of Hank Pym and all, but a whole movie devoted to him is a silly prospect. Having him in the Avenger's movie would be just plenty thank you.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    I actually agree with you here. I like the character of Hank Pym and all, but a whole movie devoted to him is a silly prospect. Having him in the Avenger's movie would be just plenty thank you.
    I'll kinda 3rd. I like the character. Don't know if he's strong enough to carry a movie all his own. Honestly I think you could intro him in the Avengers movie & all would be good.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post

It depends on if they use the Hank Pym Ant Man or somebody in an Ant Man suit. If they use the story from the most recent run of Ant Man written by Robert Kirkman it could be pretty good. Then again, the Avengers movie may be what Marvel is waiting for before announcing the movie as a definite thing to see if it generates enough interest in the movie to justify making it.

Super Moderator

United States
    It depends on if they use the Hank Pym Ant Man or somebody in an Ant Man suit. If they use the story from the most recent run of Ant Man written by Robert Kirkman it could be pretty good. Then again, the Avengers movie may be what Marvel is waiting for before announcing the movie as a definite thing to see if it generates enough interest in the movie to justify making it.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. This is why Ant Man is tentatively slated for a post-Avengers release. With the correct writer behind the script, vision behind the camera etc. it could be a nice break from some of the other Super Hero film templates. I'm not saying turning an Ant Man movie into something people want to see is a stiff bill to cover, or that it's likely it would be done correctly, but I think it could be and I understand why such a film would be slated the way it is.

Coupling the old Hank Pym with the new stories and take on the identity could help, quite a bit.

Again, this is not to say that I think the movie will come about, or that it will be done well, just that it certainly could be with the correct vision and execution.

United States
    The Ant-Man movie is supposed to feature Henry Pym in the past as Ant-Man and Scott Lang in the present as Ant-Man. It's also supposed to be lighter in tone than other superhero films (possibly more of a family oriented movie?).

I think Marvel is just trying to show Ant-Man some love since he's the only one of their original batch of characters who didn't become a household name. I don't think Ant-Man is intended to be a franchise anyway (unless you count his being in the Avengers maybe).

United States
    So Capn Kirk's daddy is gonna be Thor huh? Hmmmm. . . I just dunno. But Anthony Hopkins as Odin. . . . oh yes!

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories....nings_On_Board
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."