Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A dream come true, walking in a mall at 5am, no one there!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Where I live there's a mall that is all but deserted. You don't need to wait until 1 AM. You can get that creepy Dawn feeling at 7 PM on a Friday night.

And, yes, I always have the Gonk playing in my head as I go there. No, I have never slid down the escalator. And I have cheated myself.
    got it on my iphone, if im in a mall and that comes on when its on shuffle, which is always, then i allways start a little and look around to see where its coming from.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    Yeah, I used to get that in retail too. Hours clearly posted on the door, yet 1/2 a dozen would show up an hour or so early, wander across the parking lot, bang on the doors & peer in the windows. It was eerily zombie like. By opening time you could sometimes get a crowd of 20+, shuffling aimlessly about. & when those doors opened...another eerie zombie moment as they came flooding in.....

Which is the genius of DOTD. Anyone who can't appreciate that is either in denial or isn't paying attention.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    I was doing a job moving a safe one time (and by job, I actually mean job...not a heist) which had us in a mall jewelry store before shopping hours. They had the mall walkers and instant thought was Dawn of the Dead. Had a couple guys laughing at the comparison.

I was at the Monroeville Mall for the Dawn screening (I left the YouTubes on here a while back) and the screening was afterhours so the mall was obviously closed. You could wander a little ways down one of the corridors...that was pretty awesome.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    If you didn't slide down the handrails of an escalator you only cheated yourself.

Funny... very funny... I have a single story mall here so there's no chance of that... so glad i'm moving But I have been i the mall at 3am and the mall cops are usually there so there's no real chance of fun... not when Paul Blart is your mall cop and he's always trying to write citations for the most stupid of things...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html