Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a moment on the original...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Your witt is exceeded only by your charm.

Those are damn funny observatios, but sooo true. I wonder why i never picked up on that. They looked like cops who's been on the job 20 years binging on various pastries.

Undisclosed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post

Your witt is exceeded only by your charm.

Those are damn funny observatios, but sooo true. I wonder why i never picked up on that. They looked like cops who's been on the job 20 years binging on various pastries.
    Thanx buddy at least someone is on my level!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I always appreciate your posts. You write the funniest sh8t per capita on the forum.

Dead

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAD BEAT View Post
    I just felt that the soliders could have been more realistic,they looked like they just stepped out of a bar!

Rickles had a mean beer gut!
    Torres looked like a stoner
    Miguel was 2 much of a puussy
    and steele looked like he turned wrenches

Rhodes was maybe the only convincing one!

dont get me started on the scientist "dumbshiits"
    Yes, more accurate looking soldiers would have been nice...but they were down in that bunker and away from the traditional army for how long after the world fell apart? Perhaps they were older reservists dug up at the last moment because no active duty (and younger!) troops were available.

The accuracy of the uniforms would have been a real simple thing to improve on had someone bothered to stop at the local surplus store for some quick advice. Wasn't Tom Savini in Vietnam?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jim102016 View Post
    Yes, more accurate looking soldiers would have been nice...but they were down in that bunker and away from the traditional army for how long after the world fell apart? Perhaps they were older reservists dug up at the last moment because no active duty (and younger!) troops were available.

The accuracy of the uniforms would have been a real simple thing to improve on had someone bothered to stop at the local surplus store for some quick advice. Wasn't Tom Savini in Vietnam?

That could be it. However, we don't actually know how long they were down there. 3 months? 3 years? Also, reservists would have been more likely to abandon their posts and unravel quicker (one would think).

Dead

Undisclosed
    That could be it. However, we don't actually know how long they were down there. 3 months? 3 years? Also, reservists would have been more likely to abandon their posts and unravel quicker (one would think).
    I don't know if its a safe bet to say Reservists would be more willing to run away. Despite the many misconceptions and stereotypes, many have active duty time under their belts and god knows how many years of discipline (mandatory retirement age of 60).

But I suppose all bets are off if a guy who just died is coming after you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There ar 60 year old reservists !?! WTF!?! Oh yeah, this county is so screwed. How long before they start sending senior citizens to iraq?
    They are short on man power you know.

Dead

Undisclosed
    There ar 60 year old reservists !?! WTF!?! Oh yeah, this county is so screwed. How long before they start sending senior citizens to iraq?
    They are short on man power you know.
    I know all too well that we are short on troops, all too well.
    The U.S. military has been short on manpower for some time now, long before the present administraion came around and long before we got back into Iraq. I'd say the last time we had the adequate number of troops was the Gulf War of 91'. Its an American military tradition for politicans to downsize our armed forces so that we have to build them back up again

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    what scares me is that we're basically to the point where the military is practically broken. God forbid another country like north korea starts trouble there's little more that we could do about it than an air raid. What this administration is doing is very irresponsible. We don't even have adeqyate personel and equiptment to deal with domestic emergencies as evidenced by that tornado that hit kansas a few weeks back.

Canada
    Canadas in a worse boat....

if a major incident happened (earthquake, terrorist etc) we would be so ill prepared to deal with it. Out military is in shambles, and it is well known that currently there is no way we could deal with two such incidents happening. Understaffed military.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    well, they could always bring back the draft.

Canada
    meh...

i think i will join up when i get in better shape....

i will be zombie killer king.

"hey guys, instead of desert warfare training, we should have feild survival techniques for when the zombies come"

"get the hell out of here"

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland

i say forget it

i wouldnt join the military if you payed me to... dont believe in the cause... and as far as what the soldiers looked like in DAY.... they have been seperated form the military for so long who cares what they wear.... my 2 cents...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wouldn't either. Don't get me wrong, i have great respect for the men and women that serve. I know I couldn't do what they do, they're special people. What i find deplorable and why I would discourage anyone from joining is what happens when your servixce is up. The way this country treats their veterans, especially the wounded ones, is uncoscionable.