Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK fathers...

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I wish i was a parent but finding memo was an excilent flick.
    "Finding Memo"?

Was that the Pixar film where an office chair lost its stapler?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I wish I was a parent too....
    A parent of my own race of atomic monsters! Atomic supermen with octagonal-shaped bodies that suck blood out of ... *walks off continuing to rant*

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    "Finding Memo"?

Write off to Pixar Neil, you could be on to something there.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    I wish I was a parent too....
    A parent of my own race of atomic monsters! Atomic supermen with octagonal-shaped bodies that suck blood out of ... *walks off continuing to rant*
    I suspect the planet earth may be far better off with Terran not procreating ....
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

United States
    "Finding Memo"?

BWAAAHAAAAA!

You got me there! I was probably at work when I posted that.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Write off to Pixar Neil, you could be on to something there.

Ya go ahead and have fun at my cost. I forgive you. LOL!

Speaking of office supplies. We have a printer here that we named "Buffy the Paper Slayer"
    Last edited by HLS; 27-Nov-2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

Germany
    Before I became a parent, and friends with children would say, "it changes when you have kids", I didn't really believe they had a point as I'd rate myself as a fairy compassionate persion...

But they were right...
    Try watching Pet Cemetery now.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    pet semetary is the one that does me in. can't watch it anymore at all. the little boy getting run over is too much. talk about ignorant, irresponsible parents. you NEVER take your eyes off your kids for even a second when you are outside- especially if you are near a road or some such other hazard. people that say you can't watch them every minute are:

a. dead wrong b. not parents and c. asking for tragedy to strike.

this is something that i am totally nuts over. nick is absolutely never ever out of my or my wife's direct line of sight when we are outside of our house.

as for finding nemo - i have never seen it so i have no idea what neil is talking about.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    pet semetary is the one that does me in. can't watch it anymore at all. the little boy getting run over is too much. talk about ignorant, irresponsible parents. you NEVER take your eyes off your kids for even a second when you are outside- especially if you are near a road or some such other hazard. people that say you can't watch them every minute are:

a. dead wrong b. not parents and c. asking for tragedy to strike.

this is something that i am totally nuts over. nick is absolutely never ever out of my or my wife's direct line of sight when we are outside of our house.

as for finding nemo - i have never seen it so i have no idea what neil is talking about.
    I often take my little boy to a little park near where I am. It's actually a small pretty island with access via a bridge.

When he was about 2 odd he would often go ahead of me & do things like pop around a corner and then within about 2-3 second pop back around and laugh...

So he disappears around a corner with me about 20-30ft behind... I wait for his little smiling face to reappear.... but it doesn't. So I go up to the corner and look around ready to say "boo".. But he not there....

So I dash down the path where he must have gone and nothing... The path disappears in a couple of different directions and I can see nothing. I run in both directions looking for 20-30 seconds... nothing...

So there I am... on a small island... water in EVERY direction, and my 2yr old is wondering around without me!

At this point I'm panicked! VERY!

I zoom back in the direction I came from and there's a couple sitting on a bench so I ask them if they've seen a toddler. They say yes and say he's wondered back in the direction we originally come fomr - basically we'd almost passed each other on opposite sides of a bush...

Where the couple pointed to was a path running along the egde of the water (no fence or anything!). I asked them to go one way, and I went the other...

I found him back in the middle of a small green we'd passed before I lost him, obviously looking for me, and crying his little heart out... Thank God he'd been content looking for me, and NOT interested in anything near the water. He was just a few feet away!

It probably lasted little more than a minute, but f*** did it scare the b-jesus out of me
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

United States
    Awwwww. Poor little guy. You sound like your a good father which is great.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Try watching Pet Cemetery now.
    Yeah, the little kid who played Gage in that movie stole the show completely.

United States
    I often take my little boy to a little park near where I am. It's actually a small pretty island with access via a bridge.

When he was about 2 odd he would often go ahead of me & do things like pop around a corner and then within about 2-3 second pop back around and laugh...

So he disappears around a corner with me about 20-30ft behind... I wait for his little smiling face to reappear.... but it doesn't. So I go up to the corner and look around ready to say "boo".. But he not there....

So I dash down the path where he must have gone and nothing... The path disappears in a couple of different directions and I can see nothing. I run in both directions looking for 20-30 seconds... nothing...

So there I am... on a small island... water in EVERY direction, and my 2yr old is wondering around without me!

At this point I'm panicked! VERY!

I zoom back in the direction I came from and there's a couple sitting on a bench so I ask them if they've seen a toddler. They say yes and say he's wondered back in the direction we originally come fomr - basically we'd almost passed each other on opposite sides of a bush...

Where the couple pointed to was a path running along the egde of the water (no fence or anything!). I asked them to go one way, and I went the other...

I found him back in the middle of a small green we'd passed before I lost him, obviously looking for me, and crying his little heart out... Thank God he'd been content looking for me, and NOT interested in anything near the water. He was just a few feet away!

It probably lasted little more than a minute, but f*** did it scare the b-jesus out of me
    Had a similar experience, once. Back when we only had the one, I was working everday at 3:30 in the morning. I fell asleep on the couch while the wife was working, Peter couldn't have been more than 2 at this time, and woke up about 20 minutes later startled that I had fallen asleep.

I couldn't find him anywhere in the apartment. It was two floors and he was just mastering stairs.

He turned up napping behind the recliner.

No matter how tired I am after pulling some queer shift...to this day, I physically can't fall asleep until the wife comes home or the kids are down for the night. Those 2-3 minutes took twenty years off my life. At least.