Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *ahem*, **** GUITAR HERO 3!!

Canada
    use the guitar hero 2 guitar.

I heard that the one they ship with number 3 isn't responsive enough.

i've had some issues with it as well, but i haven't been arsed to try and fix it in the options menu.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i know its the same with me. though i guess in part the song list wasnt as good, at least in my opinion as the last one, in 2 there were loads that were fun to play, like iggy and the stooges or kiss or, well damn near all of them except for insitutionalized, in this there was the slipknot one, the dragonforce one, the pat benitar one and the kaiser chiefs one, i enjoyed them but none of the others were fun to play they just felt like chorse to get through to unlock the next set of songs y'know?
    You know what the difference between 2 and 3 is? Harmonix sold the franchise to Activision and didn't work on it. Instead they created Rock Band, hence the reason Rock Band seems to be better.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn straight adn 3 months till it comes out over here, ive got 4 freineds i reaally got into guitar hero over the last few months so ill buy the full set and test it out with them, i want to try the drums myself.

United States
    Its pretty simple:

Single player: Guitar Hero III > Rock Band

Multiplayer: Rock Band > Guitar Hero III

The note charts are way more varied and interesting in Guitar Hero, but that doesn't really matter for Rock Band, seeing as jamming with your friends is what its all about.

Oh, and manually setting the video lag calibration to 20ms in GHIII will fix most response problems (that's what I have mine set at).

then the notes start to go down the screen slower or faster during play for no reason, but the music and keys stay at the same rate, so its therefore unplayable.
    That would be a tempo change. Sorta throws you off when you aren't expecting it.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 26-Dec-2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    no its not, the song continues, the screen psyichally lags, the whole thing, including the back ground slows down to a jittery frame rate and yet the notes continue, but you cant see on screen the match. the game was just faulty, i dont get why everyone ive mentioned this to goes all plumber on me with the "ah now what you problem is" line, i tried different ratios, different tvs regular adn hi def, different controllers, different playstations, every possible permutation i tried, the game was just faulty end of.

United States
    Its just weird, that's all. I've noticed occasionally a half-second of lag when you activate some characters star power on the 360 version, but this is the first case I've heard of game breaking jitters.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    no its not, the song continues, the screen psyichally lags, the whole thing, including the back ground slows down to a jittery frame rate and yet the notes continue, but you cant see on screen the match. the game was just faulty, i dont get why everyone ive mentioned this to goes all plumber on me with the "ah now what you problem is" line, i tried different ratios, different tvs regular adn hi def, different controllers, different playstations, every possible permutation i tried, the game was just faulty end of.
    Exactly, you shouldn't have written it off altogether; you should have exchanged it for a working copy and tried to enjoy it that way!