Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nazism

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    my aunt is jewish,so no this isnt funny.
    My friends are jewish, and they join in.

I'm definetly with you Chaos. I can't stand to hang around people who can't tolerate extreme and controversial jokes. Nazism is funny! That's like the number one rule of humour.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    ha

reminds me of a time i was at a club
    and a guy came out dressed in full nazi regalia
    and asked everyone if they wanted to meet anne frank
    when everyone said yes
    he emptied a full ashtray onto the stage

the nazis in prison arent nearly as much fun tho
    Must've took quite a collection of sick minds to think of that completely tasteless and disrespectful "joke"... not to mention, it's not remotely funny.

I can't believe they allow you to get away with a post like that.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Isn't it just outrageously fun to dress up as a nazi at a party and get a group heiling together? I did it today, and I had a blast. I hate the PC bastards who made me shut down my act, tho.
    I think it's just outrageously fun to go out and beat Nazi sympathizers until they're starting to puke up their intestines... and then you put their heads under the wheel of your car and hit the gas.

That's just me, though. /shrug

Whatever floats your boat, I guess... am I right!?

Kazakhstan
    there's nothing wrong with mocking fascists, but a certain degree of tact has to be employed.

personally i cant relate to people who say things like "i think that's dreadfully insensitive, i'd like to remove your face with a broken bottle and rub dog turd in your eyes for that" i mean jesus, if violent fantasies roll so easily off one's tongue, perhaps one shouldnt take the moral high ground so vocally.

or not, i dunno...whatever
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Canada
    sigh.....

kortick, that joke is friggin hilarious. sorry but it is.

how is he a nazi sympathizer tho? honestly? tell me how. Why, cus he dressed as one?

weak man, just weak.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im inclined to agree the one lasting curse of the nazi's is due to the unjust hate they persecuted on others it brings out just as much hate nowadays in other people, i know guys who whent ape**** at high school when we got some german exchange students, but i highly doubt any of them were zieg hielin' it up with hitler.

United States
    I could give a crap less what people do away from me. They can dress up like whatever they want. As long as they aren't trying to impose their will on me, they're fine.

I cannot understand why anyone would want to do such a thing, though. Putting on a Nazi uniform is a lot like smearing a turd over your body. But if you can live with the stink, that's fine. I just know that I wouldn't want to look like one.

Kazakhstan
    well how we deal with nazism is an important and contentious issue.

if we demonise the nazis, we begin to negate the possibility that we are capable of such atrocities - which is something we should never lose sight of, and for me is the main lesson of the second world war.

on the other hand if we make fun of them, does it trivialise the issue and rob the message of it's grave power?

who knows, as long as you know it's wrong and you employ tact & a degree of subtlety when making jokes about it
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Super Moderator

UK
    I think it's all about context, it's easy to mock them and that works, but it's also very easy to cut the mockery and focus on the cold facts and realities of the conflict. Standing in the epic grave yards in France on history trips isn't a big bucket o' entertainment...well it wasn't for me, there were some others who were treating it like a holiday, standing on the monuments and taking holiday snaps of each other, meanwhile I was focussing on whether or not you could hear and birds singing when you stood in the middle of the whole lot...I forget the name of the cemetery, but it's the really famous one, the really big one...I think the frogs were even thinking of paving a bloody ROAD through the damn thing last year, f*cking morons - how on earth could you even contemplate such a thing (I think that was quashed fairly swiftly, especially after it got into "the media")...

Anyway, the power of the situation can never be lost, but neither can the opportunity to mock the crap out of the evil bastards who perpetrated the acts - like they say, make light of that which scares you most...or something along those lines.

It's all about context, time & place.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Brown View Post
    Must've took quite a collection of sick minds to think of that completely tasteless and disrespectful "joke"... not to mention, it's not remotely funny.
    What are you talking about? That joke was pure ace. If you find it offensive, then you should cool off. It's meant as a JOKE, it's not meant to hurt anyone and joking about traumas is a way to get over them. That's a fact. If you want to remain stonefaced whenever someone brings up nazism, be my guest, but you can't expect others to do the same. Without joking about nazism, we'd never had gotten over it. And that's a fact. Accept it.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    I think the whole nazi-thing (I'm talking ww2 here, not neo-nazis) are just so hilariously fun to act out. Sure, they committed horrible crimes to humanity. But heck, Mel Brooks makes fun of them. Why can't I?
    Dressing as a Nazi, screaming 'seig heil' and hailing is not, in any way, shape, or form, making fun of them. Seems to be glorifying, if anything.

United States
    I'll have to agree with Ned on this one. The Anne Frank joke is hilarious.

If you don't think that it is, I blame George W. Bush.

-stray-

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Dressing as a Nazi, screaming 'seig heil' and hailing is not, in any way, shape, or form, making fun of them. Seems to be glorifying, if anything.

I dont know,have you seen the episode of father ted with the nazis on?its pretty damned funny that one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qTyDFtLEU
    Last edited by Tricky; 30-Sep-2007 at 10:02 AM.

United Kingdom
    Just to back up what a few people have said already, I don't think there's anything wrong with mocking Nazis. I mean, if any political group deserves mocking...!

You just need to make sure you aren't inadvertently belittling what people suffered at their hands, or mocking them as well.

If I turned up at a party to a bunch of people dressed up as Nazis throwing salutes, I would feel very uncomfortable (despite being pretty Aryan looking, minus the dyed black hair!), unless they were *very* close friends and I could know for sure it was purely drunken mucking about.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Sunny Gulfland, Within sight of the Beautiful Manatee River
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    I dont know,have you seen the episode of father ted with the nazis on?its pretty damned funny that one
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6qTyDFtLEU
    Why was the older Chinese man in the yard when Father Ted was gesturing at the window wearing what looked like a Jewish prayer shawl?

M_
    "I would like to take you seriously, but to do so would affront your intelligence." William F. Buckley, Jr.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Just to back up what a few people have said already, I don't think there's anything wrong with mocking Nazis. I mean, if any political group deserves mocking...!

You just need to make sure you aren't inadvertently belittling what people suffered at their hands, or mocking them as well.
    Now that just sounds like good, clean common sense!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany