Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hypothetical: Who do you save

United States
    This one's easy. I'd save the one closest to me and the exit. Duh. Quick and easy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    This one's easy. I'd save the one closest to me and the exit. Duh. Quick and easy.

No fuss, no mess.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by lullubelle View Post
    ...I guess the family that dies together, rises together and eat everybody else together, starting with you THORN for putting us in this predicament

*gulps*

Love the responses and I can totally relate to what each of you is saying, I think the couple of you who basically were saying save who can be saved and leave the emotion out of it are just saying you love them all equally and you error on doing the most good, That makes perfect sense to and again is out of the box thinking.

If the question had you conflicted at any point or struggling to answer it served its purpose

Thanks again all for playing along and
    trying to put yourself in the situation to answer such a hard question.

United States
    I save my wife. I would do this even at the expense of my own life.

****** Spoilers ahead *******

remember that old dude at the beginning of 28 weeks later who basically let himself get attacked to buy his wife a few more moments of life. In my book, that dude is a hero.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I save my wife. I would do this even at the expense of my own life.

****** Spoilers ahead *******

remember that old dude at the beginning of 28 weeks later who basically let himself get attacked to buy his wife a few more moments of life. In my book, that dude is a hero.
    SNIFF, SNIFF.... That's beautiful man.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    well to your other post thorn and to add on this one... my girlfriend is pregnant and i live with her. my parents live little under 30 miles from our house. (sorry mike i left the area... to many college students) my gf would be my number one priority. thats the immeadiate concern. my mother works at a local hospital so chances are high she would be f*cked in the first place. i always told her nursing would kill her ha. now my father had a heart attack a while back and hasnt been the same since he sits and sleeps in his chair and smokes and craps and doesnt do much to help my mom. for those of you that know oxford ohio pretty well my sister goes to school in oxford so she would be screwed relatively speaking with such a high population 22,000 students and thats just students she wouldnt fair well. my parents farm is right on a major state route so the house is pretty much screwed within the first week. my grandmother who is 84 lives in a small village between the city my mom works in and the college town oxford. so she would be screwed a week in. my uncle lives across the street and has guns.... cha ching. and i could go on but i dont think most of my family would fair very well within the first week. we have no place to fall back to and no plan for when SHIZA HITS THE FAN so all bets are off or the percentages dont look good. my girlfriend would be my number one priority and my guns and dodge dakota 4x4 second. then the rest of my family.but its my closest family i would worry about not satellites like aunts and uncles. so yeah there ya go. just who i come to first. id prolly shoot my grandma in the head for a mercy kill just because she WOULD be a burden and she knows she would be so thats where that wouldnt be a problem with her or me. i know im gonna catch hell for all this but if this were to happen that would be the only answer. get rid of the week and save the strong.
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    *gulps*

Love the responses and I can totally relate to what each of you is saying, I think the couple of you who basically were saying save who can be saved and leave the emotion out of it are just saying you love them all equally and you error on doing the most good, That makes perfect sense to and again is out of the box thinking.

If the question had you conflicted at any point or struggling to answer it served its purpose

Thanks again all for playing along and
    trying to put yourself in the situation to answer such a hard question.
    Hey sugar, I guess it depends on who ever is answering the question, my sister would have hi tailed out of there and left us, u know what I mean, someone has to ask these question, makes it very interesting.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    I see what you all are saying but what about those who could save themselves? We have a voice I would be screaming my lungs out about the backdoor being clear of zombies. I am thinking strength in numbers. I know you said we could only save one or two people but, what about them helping themselves out of the situation? I am thinking of my family and we all would be putting up a huge fight before we all we go down to being zomb food.

United States
    It is safe to assume everyone would be trying to save themselves as well. Hard at times though, if you were holding a boarded window together and arms reach in and are pulling you out. At the same time zombies swarm in the front door and have encircled someone else and there is a small child crying in the corner to save them all or for them to save themselves.

Again you could pick the question apart until the cows come home but it kind of takes the fun out of it.

Norway
    Gee I got so many family members but I think that I would save my stepbrother he is in a wheel chair and my family members want me too. The rest just have to try save themselves.
    So my answer is love often goes togheter with practicallity. Save the children and women first.