Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back To The Future Blu-Ray Pre-Order AMAZON - $50.00

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    not sure if you've noticed, but the search feature is beyond fucked right now...i've had a hell of a time trying to dig up a few older threads...hopefully they get it fixed sometime soon. until then, you'd be better off leaving your search nazi hat at home.
    Hey shitstain, it's on the first or second page of the media forum!

Nazi bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    It will.
    Any sort of back up to go with this claim? I haven't seen anything official about it yet.
    Last edited by bassman; 21-Sep-2010 at 06:54 PM.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Goto HIGHDEFDIGEST.COM and learn to read.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've looked at the official releases and seen nothing official about the Stoltz scenes being added. Only rumor.

So instead of being a dickhead, how about providing a link to the story?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Well...you've also got to consider that the cliffhanger was there for the original release. It wasn't intended to lead into a sequel. It was just a fun little coda at the end to get the audience going.

As Zemeckis says on the special features: "We never knew we would be making sequels. If we did, we wouldn't have put Jennifer in the car. That was the hardest thing to figure out in BTTF2 - what do you do with the girl?!?"
    Was 'To be Continued' in the theatrical release of the film? Or was it added later much like, say 'New Hope' was to Star Wars?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Was 'To be Continued' in the theatrical release of the film? Or was it added later much like, say 'New Hope' was to Star Wars?
    It was shown on the theatrical release. A lot of people take that to mean that the sequals werre planned from the beginning. When in reality, Zemeckis and Gale only put that on as a little bit of excitement at the end. The entire Doc/Mr. Fusion/"Your kids!" sequence was just meant to be a goof. "To Be Continued->" was a little wink to the audience that time and now time travel will carry on. They supposedly never had any intention to make sequels. It was after the success of the first film that they realized they really had to pick it up from there with the sequels. Which goes back to what I was saying earlier. Zemeckis acts like putting Jennifer in the car was a HORRIBLE mistake. You can tell how they're like "leave her here....she'll be FINE!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey BASSMAN,

from BTTF.com

This is it! This is the big one you’ve been waiting for!!! Exactly twenty five years to the day since Marty McFly first sped off in Doc Brown’s suped-up DeLorean Time Machine in the parking lot of the Twin Pines Mall towards 1955, Universal Studios Home Entertainment (USHE) will release the 25th Anniversary Back to the Future Trilogy Boxed Set on DVD — and for the very first time on Blu-ray Disc — Tuesday, October 26, 2010!

This highly anticipated 25th Anniversary collection features all-new restorations for enhanced picture quality and hours of bonus features including new interviews with the cast and crew.

In an exclusive interview with BTTF.com, Back to the Future Writer/Producer Bob Gale gave us a sneak peek into what we can expect from these brand new features, including one specific item which fans have waited 25 years for a glimpse at.

We caught up with Bob last weekend at the 2010 DeLorean Car Show in Lexington, Kentucky to get his thoughts on the new Hi-Def transfers of the films. “The HD transfers for all three films are simply breath-taking,” Gale told BTTF.com. “They actually look better than they did in the theater because of the incredible job that was done on dirt clean-up. (And the film grain is preserved, so they still look like movies should look.) And hearing the sound in full dynamic range is — okay, I’ll say it — a blast!”

He went on to describe the new documentaries, one of which is called Tales from the Future. “I’m sure fans will enjoy the new documentaries, which include interviews with cast and crew members who — for budgetary reasons — were left out of the 2002 documentaries,” he explained. “So there are some stories and anecdotes told on camera for the first time. And since everyone wants to know, there are three very brief snippets of Eric Stoltz incorporated into one of the documentaries.” You heard it here first — finally, film footage of Eric Stoltz as Marty McFly!!

Finally, Bob gave us a description of just some of the remaining bonus features which to expect. “We’ve included an animatic storyboard of the nuclear test site sequence from the early drafts of Part 1; the galleries of stills and artwork have been rescanned at a higher resolution, and we’ve included just about everything from the previous releases as well.”
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 22-Sep-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Very good.

I'm glad to know it's there. You know you could be a douche about it but....OHHH shit. You've already done that.

Thanks for the info. Might be easier to relay the link in the future.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Sep-2010 at 01:50 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Try Google... Why should WE do all the work for ya. I thought you were a BTTF fan? You should have known this shit before us.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Try Google... Why should WE do all the work for ya. I thought you were a BTTF fan? You should have known this shit before us.
    Alright, whatever man. I thought I might get a little bit of courtesy from people around here, but I guess I was wrong. You know, I try to post the links to the items I'm talking about. It makes it easier for the reader, but maybe from now on I should just say "why should I do it for you?".

Google has turned up nothing about that footage other than rumor. I was just asking for a link to your concrete info.

Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Sep-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Alright settle down lads.

Sometimes it is nice to just be told by another human being about something though ... Google is great and all, but it's like the entire world is just Googling everything and never asking another human about anything ever ... perhaps Google is Skynet?

As for the Blu-Ray, I'll wait till its cheaper. I'm not launching about £45 for something I've already got on 3-disc DVD (although I would love to have all the extra features, including the shit I missed on the launched-soon-after-I-bought-the-3-disc-version BTTF 4-disc DVD boxset) ... but I will go and see the first film in the cinema when it comes out October 1st.

I'm properly up for that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Alright, whatever man. I thought I might get a little bit of courtesy from people around here, but I guess I was wrong. You know, I try to post the links to the items I'm talking about. It makes it easier for the reader, but maybe from now on I should just say "why should I do it for you?".

Google has turned up nothing about that footage other than rumor. I was just asking for a link to your concrete info.

Thanks for your help.
    Oh settle down and take some MIDOL... I am just fucking with you Bassman.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship.

Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Sep-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It was shown on the theatrical release. A lot of people take that to mean that the sequals werre planned from the beginning. When in reality, Zemeckis and Gale only put that on as a little bit of excitement at the end. The entire Doc/Mr. Fusion/"Your kids!" sequence was just meant to be a goof. "To Be Continued->" was a little wink to the audience that time and now time travel will carry on.
    This is wrong. "To Be Continued" wasn't at the end of the film during it's theatrical run; they (Zemeckis/Gale) just wanted the film to end on a cliffhanger. The "To Be Continued..." title card wasn't added until the film was released on VHS; by this time they were in the talks about doing a sequel.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's right. The title card was added, but the scene existed from the beginning. My mistake.
    Last edited by bassman; 22-Sep-2010 at 06:56 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    In the UK they can get it with a DeLorean car that holds the discs or a Collector's tin. Us Americans get a crappy slip cover and case.
    MZ - for once you can feel like you aren't getting ripped off over there.

I'd buy this for the delorean car if I could get it - but I'm not sure if I'll run out and buy this right away since we're getting a shitty slip cover version. Don't get me wrong, I loved BTTF, it's just not exactly on the top of my priority list.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 22-Sep-2010 at 07:36 PM.