View Poll Results: The best film of the original Alien series?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alien

17 40.48%
  • Aliens

25 59.52%
  • Alien 3

0 0%
  • Alien Resurrection

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alien Poll

Undisclosed
    I read there was also major problems between Weaver and Beihn. I read one script in which Hicks was the main character. If I remember correctly, there was more than one Xenomorph.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Get the fuggin' Quadrilogy!
    What I meant is that I already have the Alien and Aliens discs of the quadrilogy set and I need to also get Alien 3. Alien Resurrection can burn in hell as far as im concerned.

Super Moderator

United States

I went with the first film. I think the whole series ranks pretty much in order of release.
    I agree. Alien is a classic film and Aliens, I feel, is awesome and happens to be my fav blockbuster film of the 80s.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    I agree. Alien is a classic film and Aliens, I feel, is awesome and happens to be my fav blockbuster film of the 80s.
    You take that back and say Ghostbusters right this minute young man!

United States
    Aliens to this day is still considered by me to be the greatest film ever made. I absolutely love everything about this film. I even dedicated a piece of my shoulder (Pvt. Hudson tattoo) to it.

Alien and Alien 3 are also some my favorite films.

Alien: Resurrection can suck it.

Undisclosed
    From the testimonies here about the Alien 3 special edition I decided to watch it tonight....because I have never seen this version of the movie.....and wow...its like a different movie altogether......I never "hated" Alien 3 before hand....but this version I can actually say is good....wow totally surprised at how different it is..

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pidemiC View Post
    Aliens to this day is still considered by me to be the greatest film ever made. I absolutely love everything about this film. I even dedicated a piece of my shoulder (Pvt. Hudson tattoo) to it.

Alien and Alien 3 are also some my favorite films.

Alien: Resurrection can suck it.

nice way to show your love for the movie,bro.

alien resurrection had the right dark feel just like aliens but the whole alien love thing didnt work so well. also the alien saying "mama" was cheezy

United States
    "In 1979, we discovered in space, no one can hear you scream. In 1992, we will discover on earth, everyone can hear you scream." And Fox wondered why Aliens fans were disappointed in the third film?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    I was watching the 'assembly cut' of Alien 3 recently and I was blown away by how superior it was to the official release. So with that in mind, I have decided to make an Alien Poll. The Alien vs Predator films are excluded because I think neither are as good as any of the original four.

I went with the first film. I think the whole series ranks pretty much in order of release.
    I went with Alien - For it's sheer terrifying atmosphere, Aliens was a great action movie, some wonderful stuff in that one.

I also agree that the "Assembly Cut" of Alien 3 is far, far superior to the original, very enjoyable.

The less said about "Resurection", the better.

BTW, I assume all you guys have the "Alien Quadrilogy 9 Disc Box Set"?....Superb DVD package!
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I assume all you guys have the "Alien Quadrilogy 9 Disc Box Set"?....Superb DVD package!
    Certainly do, everything from the film extras to the menus and packaging is perfect. £15 in HMV if anyone from the UK is interested.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Aliens

Simply awesome.
    Stunning production! Everything looks usable and real and COOL!

The dialog was great! The characters was great! And most importantly it didn't rape/dishonour the original in any way, but built on it perfectly!

Even what they cut out for the cinema cut was great! Putting it back in made the film even better!
    Last edited by Neil; 19-Feb-2008 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Certainly do, everything from the film extras to the menus and packaging is perfect. £15 in HMV if anyone from the UK is interested.
    I got Alien through Alien3 with the 2-disc versions (the Quadrilogy split up by the films for separate purchases). I feel a bit of a schmuck for buying those three separate now, but meh...didn't really plan it initially. Bought the Alien3 one on a whim, so I was kinda tied to that route...plus Resurrection sucks.

United States
    The first one. No need for stupid bells and whistles and videogame-style violence. It stands as is, unlike the others, that need gimmicks to hook the audience.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    You take that back and say Ghostbusters right this minute young man!
    It's funny, but I suppose it's because of the style of Ghostbusters that I don't consider it to fall into a blockbuster mold in the manner that I choose to think of blockbusters, though I suppose you bring up a good point. However, Ghostbusters was my fav childhood movie and I used to know every single line

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Gimmicks?

One of the key selling points was the Alien itself in the first film, and the insane, never-before-seen design of Giger's world.