Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dredd (film) - Judge Dredd movie

Chasing Prey

Canada
    gonna have to pass on this........if it makes alot of money it wont make any sense because it looks just like the stallone version

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    gonna have to pass on this........if it makes alot of money it wont make any sense because it looks just like the stallone version
    See? SEE?!? This is exactly what I was talking about.

Thanks for proving my point, Ace.
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Nov-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: .

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Yeah I know it's the look from the pages. Just pointing out that if you didn't know this was from a different film, you would think it was Stallone...
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    True, true...the ascetic of the helmet seems especially similar from little i can remember, which is a good thing in this case.
    Average Joe Movie Goer is going to see that and think "I saw that movie ten or fifteen years ago!". Even the awesome Batman Begins struggled a bit after the failure of Batman and Robin ten years prior. It wasn't until DVD and TV that most people realized it was an all new deal and not linked to the sub-par efforts that came before.

These guys definitely have their work cut out for them...
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRay View Post
    I can imagine this being a bigger hit in Britain/Overseas than in the US.

Judge Dredd's never been as big over here. He doesn't even have claws...
    All good points. Plus Dredd's "hot" phase over here was the 80's, which is long gone now...

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

You just HAD to go there, didn't you Aces. Now, he's going to be insufferably pleased with himself for at least a week.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonSylver View Post
    You just HAD to go there, didn't you Aces. Now, he's going to be insufferably pleased with himself for at least a week.

You underestimate me. Two weeks!

Chasing Prey

Canada

thanks LOL. i mean literally they pulled a back to the future. same everything,different lead actor. and apparently stallone was the change. the comic version was boring because u never see his face. this one got it right.........now they're fucking with it
    Last edited by acealive1; 19-Nov-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: cuz........

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey....if they kept Diane Lane in the cast, that alone would be worth the price of admission.
    Last edited by bassman; 19-Nov-2010 at 10:16 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    The director's been booted from the editing room, reshoots with another director, this movie is destined to fail. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/has-...e-editing-room

The LA Times is reporting that director Pete Travis has been booted from the editing room by angry executives and has been replaced by the film's writer, Alex Garland. Post-production has gotten so contentious, they say, that Garland may seek a co-director credit on the film.

The struggles seemed to begin when Travis began working in the edit bay and producers realized they didn't like the footage they had or how Travis was cutting it. A source said that Travis is being kept up-to-date on the film's progress via the internet. It's also possible that the film could see some significant reshoots, without Travis as the director.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Studio interference is in 90% of the times bad. Anyone remember Brazil?

That said, I fucking love Judge Dredd.

Ireland
    FAIL.

Look, nobody's going to EVER make a good Judge Dredd film, because it won't transfer to a hollywood formula. Dredd isn't a Marvel superhero, he's a c*nt and a uniform in a facist system, controlling a huge city in a completely distopian setting. Dredd's universe is grim.

Judge Dredd is a totally British concept (albeit about an American future). It just cannot be handled by people that don't have a clue and unfortunately, the majority who approach projects like this don't. Hollywood just won't get Dredd.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by shootemindehead View Post
    FAIL.

Look, nobody's going to EVER make a good Judge Dredd film, because it won't transfer to a hollywood formula. Dredd isn't a Marvel superhero, he's a c*nt and a uniform in a facist system, controlling a huge city in a completely distopian setting. Dredd's universe is grim.

Judge Dredd is a totally British concept (albeit about an American future). It just cannot be handled by people that don't have a clue and unfortunately, the majority who approach projects like this don't. Hollywood just won't get Dredd.

didnt this same thing with the director happen in the first film?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    didnt this same thing with the director happen in the first film?
    In the original, it was slightly different. Stalone was being a fascist about how he wanted the movie done, and it ended up being a different vision than that of the director.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Super Moderator

UK
    The Stallone one was a bit of cheesy fun (although I'm sure 2000AD fans were royally pissed) ... it's certainly far from perfect, and more of a Stallone vehicle, than a Dredd movie when all is said and done.

Now - this new version looks much more like a Dredd movie ... or so I'd assume (I've never read 2000AD). I do hope that, if the majority of the movie takes place in that tower block, that it doesn't feel too constricted. There's some excellent wide open shots to really get a look at Mega City One, so hopefully the movie doesn't 'shrink' considerably once they take on the big bad (that's Lena Heady isn't it, from Sarah Connor Chronicles?) ... hopefully it turns out good. It's often hard to tell from a trailer these days if a movie will be good or bad ... hopefully this will be good.

England
    Well. I'm officially excited.
    A large part of my teen years were spent reading 2000AD. Some excellent storylines are there to be mined if they can get a successful franchise going. Judgement Day is truly awesome.
    A Rogue Trooper movie announcement would have me doing cartwheels.

Edit.
    Shit. Rogue Trooper is in development. Woooooohooooo
    Last edited by kidgloves; 21-Jun-2012 at 08:24 PM. Reason: ,
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Ireland
    Anderson looks good.

Suit looks bad.

Don't know why they just can't copy the suit from flippin comic. Fck sake, is that hard to make a bleedin Judge Dredd movie?
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....