View Poll Results: Who is the most popular fictional serial killer?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jason Voorhees

5 19.23%
  • Freddy Kruegar

9 34.62%
  • Michael Myers

10 38.46%
  • Leatherface

2 7.69%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite fictional serial killer poll

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    wow, no votes for leatherface so far haha. poor texan. someone give him some love! i thought the first 2 TCM's rocked. not a fan of the re-make though.

Voted Freddy. Just the fact of being utterly terrified to sleep is crazy.

@ TLS. Bush used up all the love that Texas is due for a long while my friend.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Michael Meyers for me.... Jason comes in a Distant second. Freddy became a punchline from part 2-7, and Leatherface... Well, chainsaws are already scary... However, someone wearing a Shatner mask weilding a butchers knife is even more terrifying.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    You know, it's funny - as much as I love horror, I really don't like "serial killer" movies (I use the term loosely as Jason et al bear almost no resemblance to the real thing). I liked the first Nightmare on Elm Street, but although the Freddy character did later develop into a horror archetype along similar lines to Michael and Jason, the original movie is actually a supernatural thriller and in my eyes it's no more a slasher flick than, say, Phantasm.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You make a good point Krayken... The only true Slasher film icon is probably Norman Bates from Psycho, but in terms of Mainstream popularity, MM wins my vote hands down.

I never really thought of Freddy as a Slasher, Jason is closer to the term than Freddy.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United Kingdom
    I went with Freddy. He used to creep me out bad when I was a kid. Had nightmares of him chasing me around a house made out of razor blades *shudders* . Still didn’t stop me watching the films though!!!!!!
    I love the whole concept of Freddy, the fact that he gets you in your dreams, the sordid history of the killer him self, the fact that all the towns folk killed him!!!
    Did anybody see the last Freddy film (not the cross over film), it had this strange 3d bit at the end, totally messed up
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

Super Moderator

UK
    3D bit? I think that was Freddy 6 "Freddy's Dead" - but there was still Wes Craven's New Nightmare after that, which was an interesting entry to the series.

I'm going to re-watch Nightmare 4 through 7, and have done most of 4 so far - oh dear, it's bad, I have to say ... it's "teh suxorz".

I also re-watched Jason Goes To Hell, for the first time since I first saw it years-and-years-and-years ago ... and it blows goats so hard ... it really sucks, it's badly written, it makes no sense, Jason is only on screen for 10 minutes, the characters all suck and the only upside is the KNB fx work and the brief moments that we get some Jason action - REAL Jason, none of that bullshit body-swapping crap.

Oh, and the cameo from Kane Hodder was cool - in fact, Jason should have body-swapped into Kane Hodder's character - that would have at least been interesting to watch, not the pish that followed.

Anyway, I'm quite surprising Freddy is getting more love than Jason on this poll ... I can't understand it personally...I think Freddy is mostly rubbish. 1 & 3 - yes, otherwise, no.

Jason is just awesome - but I've already ranted and raved about why already, so I'll move along.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not a big fan of any of these series' really. First I was going to go with Myers because I like the remake, but decided to go with one of the originals. So Leatherface.

All the others are like Disney films compared to the raw power of TCSM.

United Kingdom
    TCSM is cool. I didn’t like the re-make very much, found it a bit generic.
    But I did love the original, I can never get that scène out my head were leather face is spinning around with the chainsaw. Love it when murderers loose the plot!
    "Zombie Birth"

"And you think your Mother had it bad"
    First they came for the Jew and I said nothing, then they came for the black man and I said nothing, then they came for the homosexual and I said nothing..then they came for me and there was no one to say anything

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    I voted Leatherface. Can't take Freddy seriously, and the "indestructible unkillable" killers never ever worked for me. Leatherface is a human being, and that's what attracts me to him.
    Morons of the World, unite! You have nothing to lose but your brains...