Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woman Murdered For Being A Goth

Kazakhstan
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    so? i just do not like them, what the hell is the difference? I'm not goign to go out and call them goth fags or make fun of emos by saying they should go slice their wrists or anything. I don't like them because no goth has an actual idea of what being goth is...everyone has a different idea of what it is, and many say it's an ambiguous title. It's the same with emo folk. I know i generalized but i really don't like them. Every single goth i have met has been incredibly ****ed up and just plain weird.

honestly, what the hell is the difference if i don't like them or not?

well what difference does it make what you think of anything? nothing, but this is a discussion board so people will tend to engage you in discussion.

so you don't like them because there isnt a clear definition of what a goth is?

i think perhaps you are the weird one my friend
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    prison needs to be a feared place, and it needs to be a place with many more spaces and a place where the scum are put to work, rather than lying around on their beds.
    Prison is a feared place. The problem is the jails are filled with people who wouldnt think they would get caught.
    I think it is human nature to fear what you dont understand. The issue is turning that mistrust into hatred and acting on it.

Peer pressure? I am not sure. More like Mob violence. I have been very close to a group of knobs beating the crap out of someone whan I was young. I tried to stop it but I couldnt and almost became a victim myself. But I did stop it by reminding them this might lead them back to prison. Which woke them up and made them retreat. I helped the guy out but it was am awful experience for both of us. I dont understand the violent inpulse, to pick someone out and maul them.

Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    so? i just do not like them, what the hell is the difference? I'm not goign to go out and call them goth fags or make fun of emos by saying they should go slice their wrists or anything. I don't like them because no goth has an actual idea of what being goth is...everyone has a different idea of what it is, and many say it's an ambiguous title. It's the same with emo folk. I know i generalized but i really don't like them. Every single goth i have met has been incredibly ****ed up and just plain weird.

honestly, what the hell is the difference if i don't like them or not?
    Do you know what a goth actually is?
    I knew a lot when I was in art school and most of them were very nice and harmless. Variations is opinion and lifestyle is to be applauded not condemned. Your argument is one for conformity. When you open your mind you realize there are good people everywhere, in all varieties.
    Last edited by coma; 26-Aug-2007 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Kazakhstan
    aye i agree prison is feared, the problem is they think they wont get caught.
    the police need to be feared more.

as for the impulse to beat on people, i just really dont get it either. is there a type of person that does this? is it a nature or nurture issue? it really is baffling.

the idea of just jumping someone and kicking them in the face makes me feel sick, so what these guys did to that girl is just.. alien

Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    When you open your mind you realize there are good people everywhere, in all varieties.
    word. that sober comment says more than my thinly veiled bitching ever could.

this is why i cant stand hating on any group/subculture, whether it be goths, punks, chavs, black people, christians, muslims, police, horror movie fans, sci fi geeks, stoners, whatever.
    Last edited by _liam_; 26-Aug-2007 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Wiccans are like vegans to me... I dont like 'em I dont agree with 'em but hey... if it makes you happy and it doesn't hurt anyone else... by all means... enjoy! Its kinda like Republicans... suuuure I dong agree with them on many things but hell I wouldn't want to vanquish them from the face of the earth... life is just more interesting when there's a plethora of different people... who wants to be surrounded by people just like them all the time?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Kazakhstan
    indeed. i stand firm in my beliefs but i am open to the idea that someone i dont agree with might be able to teach me something. as such i defend people's right to have retarded opinions, because they might not be as retarded as they seem.

that said i will question any opinions i find suspicious in some way

THE LEISURE HIVE

Undisclosed
    the problem wth todays teenagers is that the have no fear and respect for adults. Parents, teachers and even the police cannot lay a hand on a juvenile no matter what they have done ( parents cannot even smack their own children any more) so kids know they can literally get away with murder...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by coma View Post
    I dont understand the violent inpulse, to pick someone out and maul them.
    You dont have to look far.....

“Lethal coalitionary aggression is part of the natural behavioral repertoire of chimpanzees,” writes David Watts of Yale University in New Haven, Connecticut, in one such report, scheduled to be presented April 9 at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of Physical Anthropologists in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
    Wrangham, who has been studying chimpanzees in the wild for over 30 years, certainly knows a thing or two about warfare — at least as it pertains to apes. In the early ’70s, he was among the first primatologists to note the tendency of chimpanzees to conduct so-called lethal raids against neighboring groups — a momentous discovery. In his 1996 book Demonic Males (Houghton Mifflin), a study of chimpanzee aggression, he describes one such attack:

"The raiders rushed madly down the slope to their target. While Goliath screamed and the patrol hooted and displayed, he was held and beaten and kicked and lifted and dropped and bitten and jumped on.... His aggressors showed their excitement in a continuous barrage of hooting and drumming and charging and branch-waving and screaming."

Even more daunting is the fact that chimpanzees are not only capable of the same kinds of group aggression that we are, they’re also capable of the same kind of wanton barbarity. In Wrangham’s office there is a picture of a corpse — a chimpanzee who has been set upon by aggressors. The animal is lying face down, frozen into a kind of crucifixion pose, as if he had died while being pinned down. Strips of skin have been peeled from his body. He bears the marks of countless puncture wounds and contusions. In another photograph, one of the victim’s blue-gray testicles lies nestled in the brush. The chimpanzee had been tortured to death.
    Last edited by Terran; 27-Aug-2007 at 12:28 AM.

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Holy f***!?! Where is that quote from?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    Which quote the second or the first one?

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

England
    The word we're looking for is "impulse control",we all have dark,nasty & violent thoughts at times,some of which seem to come from nowhere & can scare the crap out of you!its part of "the human condition" but most of us have impulse control that filters & regulates these thoughts so we dont act on them.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    See the evidence mounts that humans ARE NOT the only assholes in the world. It has always been claimed that humans are the only ones to kill for neither defense or food. WRONG.

And animals can be gay too.

I guess the wanton debauchery just gets spread all around

Very interesting post. Thanks Terran
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    The word we're looking for is "impulse control",we all have dark,nasty & violent thoughts at times,some of which seem to come from nowhere & can scare the crap out of you!its part of "the human condition" but most of us have impulse control that filters & regulates these thoughts so we dont act on them.
    So what you're saying is, that we need some kind of drug to induce impulse control again...perhaps something in the water, or a certain brand of alco-pop aimed at these twat-faced kids? I like it...or perhaps a squad of ninjas ... similar to my idea for neutering ninjas ... who sneak into these bastard's houses and inject them with impulse control juice.

Not a hint of sarcasm throughout that post actually...if only it were possible for those ninjas to exist and solve our problems via "ninja medicine".

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    So what you're saying is, that we need some kind of drug to induce impulse control again...perhaps something in the water, or a certain brand of alco-pop aimed at these twat-faced kids? I like it...or perhaps a squad of ninjas ... similar to my idea for neutering ninjas ... who sneak into these bastard's houses and inject them with impulse control juice.

Not a hint of sarcasm throughout that post actually...if only it were possible for those ninjas to exist and solve our problems via "ninja medicine".
    Nah nothing like that,but impulse control is learned by a good upbringing & a good understanding of the dire consequences of acting on violent or antisocial thoughts etc,there will always be people who will act on those urges regardless though,they are defined as psychopaths/sociopaths but thats a whole different ballgame to kids who just havent learned right from wrong & respect for society

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yknow i may soudn like my grandad for a second but some kids really would have grown up better if they got a smack on the arse when they were bad.

Kazakhstan
    gawd lets not go there

i think the pathology of all that is too complex, i got smacked as a kid and ive been arrested, used drugs, got into fights etc etc, my girlfriend on the other hand was never smacked and she's a straight A student who's never been in trouble with anyone in her whole life.

go figure

THE LEISURE HIVE